Hello All,

We are taking our first cruise on the Independence of the Seas in April (15-20) and stopping at CocoCay on April 19. All of the information I have seen is that CocoCay is getting a new look and will be ready in May. Is there any rumor about it being done late/on-time/early?

Also is there  an excursion that is recommended for there? It will be my wife and I and another couple with 4 teenagers.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Rumors?  Lots of rumors and guesses.

My expectation is that certain areas or activities may finish early (or late).   As they become available Royal will start making them bookable.  When exactly enough is done to call everything complete is anyone's guess.  The new over water cabanas for example, may not be done by 'X' date but the water slide and helium ballon and zip line may be.  

A certain amount of Perfect Day involves the area of the lagoon that is currently the tendering harbor.  The new pier is supposed to complete in 2018 so once it does then the lagoon area can be re-purposed into its future Perfect Day role.  It's possible that may be done by April so areas like that may be available for your cruise.  

The truth is it's the islands and few projects complete on time in the islands.  We can all speculate but only time will tell.  

21 hours ago, Kfitz59 said:

All of the information I have seen is that CocoCay is getting a new look and will be ready in May.

You are correct that CocoCay is undergoing a massive transformation.  The first part of it is supposed to be ready in May, but the work will extend well into the end of 2019.

21 hours ago, Kfitz59 said:

Also is there  an excursion that is recommended for there? It will be my wife and I and another couple with 4 teenagers.

Beach bungalow!

In Royal's "Additional Terms and Conditions" for Shore Excursions I found this related to Perfect Day:

"The following terms apply to Perfect Day at CocoCay activities only. Prices Reflect Savings. Perfect Day at Cococay activities are subject to availability. Meal and/or beverages are provided only if specified. Guest may cancel purchase(s) made via Cruise Planner up to forty-eight hours prior to the cruise departure date. Perfect Day at Cococay activities can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to arrival at Perfect Day at CocoCay without penalty. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to cancel any Perfect Day at Cococay activities due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guest(s) by reason of such cancellation; guests will be issued a refund in the original form of payment to the guest folio. Other restrictions may apply. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Images and messaging for Perfect Day at CocoCay reflect current design concepts and may include artistic renderings. All destination features and experiences, and related delivery timing for these features, are currently in development and are subject to change without notice. Perfect Day and CocoCay are trademarks of Royal Caribbean. ©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd."