Voom Surf & Stream pkg 3-Devices

mworkman

Just now, mworkman said:

Is there a way to purchase Voom Surf & Stream pkg 3-Devices is you have 2 rooms and can't see the other person even though the reservations are linked together?

When you go to book the three-pack, only check one name.  You don't need all three people on the reservation, otherwise it would put three packages (so, nine devices!) in your shopping cart.

On the ship you just get one code that's good for three simultaneous logins.

Just now, Orange Crush said:

I think it varies from ship to ship, but when I book in advance via cruise planner, I've always gotten a slip of paper w/ a code on it.

I couldn't really remember, I was on Allure a year ago and thought they gave us one, but on Liberty this summer I thought the instructions just had you log in with room number and last name, sort of like what you do at hotels.

I did have to make a special trip down to the internet desk, because between my wife and my Grandson they had 4 devices, I only purchased the 2 device, anyway at the desk they had the instructions of how to log a device off (open Internet window, and type logoff ? something, can't remember.) so you good log another device on. It worked, they were happy, so I was happy.

Just now, tiny260 said:

at the desk they had the instructions of how to log a device off (open Internet window, and type logoff ? something, can't remember.)

logoff.com

You can also use logon.com if you're trying to connect a device and it doesn't pop up the "hey you need to log in!" screen.  I was having some trouble with getting an iPhone to connect to the wifi on Allure before I figured that one out.

2 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

logoff.com

You can also use logon.com if you're trying to connect a device and it doesn't pop up the "hey you need to log in!" screen.  I was having some trouble with getting an iPhone to connect to the wifi on Allure before I figured that one out.

Awesome, that was it, knew it was something close, yea I had the same problem even after I got the instructions, my Wife has a Samsung phone and an iPad, so she was constantly facing challenges with one or the other. I finely dis the logoff on all of them and then logon and it seemed to correct whatever MAC address conflict it had.

It seemed like on Liberty when she was in the room (Grand Suite) that if she was sitting at the little dressing table the throughput signal really dropped of, if she was on the couch it was fine. I looked and there was a WAP like 10 feet from the door, so who knows, metal walls anyone!