where will the next RCBlog Group Cruise Be?

where will the next RCBlog Group Cruise Be?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. where will the next RCBlog Group Cruise Be?

• Caribbean / Bahamas
    • Alaska
    • Europe ( including Baltics )
    • Middle East
    • Australia
    • Far East
    • Canada / New England

Would be nice to have a group cruise in Europe, if only to allow those who cant travel to the US a chance to experience a group cruise.  There are people on this forum from all over the world so in my opinion taking the group cruise around various areas ( US, Europe, Asia, Australia )allows everyone the chance to join in the fun. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

well, given the itinerary release schedule revealed today, we won't be finding out any GC destination before mid-December. ? 

Believe it or not, I am thankful for that timeline.  My Star Class final payment is due at the end of November and I was worried that I would be putting down at least 2 more deposits (on new itineraries) just before that.  Now at least is after that.  So mixed blessing.  Longer wait but a better November lol.

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Believe it or not, I am thankful for that timeline.  My Star Class final payment is due at the end of November and I was worried that I would be putting down at least 2 more deposits (on new itineraries) just before that.  Now at least is after that.  So mixed blessing.  Longer wait but a better November lol.

I will be booking four cruises on my Anthem cruise.

• Week of November 19, 2018: Europe (Phase I)
  • Week of December 3, 2018: Short Caribbean
  • Week of December 10, 2018: Caribbean (Phase I), Northeast, Canada & Bermuda
  • Week of December 17, 2018: Europe (Phase II)

@Matt, which of the two European release dates is the one that matters? Is "Phase I" the standard itineraries that go all season, while "Phase II" is the repositioning itineraries? If Phase I is the problem, I can see why -- that's almost a month with limited cabin selection being gobbled up before we even know what the CA/NE and regular Caribbean options are. And that's all assuming everything is actually announced on time; I seem to recall in 2016 that there was a solid month's gap on the Caribbean / Northeast / Canada / Bermuda between announced release date and actual release.

@JLMoran Impossible to know definiteively since RC does not publish what is in Phase I versus Phase II.  

The reality is we can always grab group space for something that has potential and lock in those early prices.  That way if later on I see more itinerary releases and nothing works, we can still fall back to those old prices for rooms in the block.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Honestly, the last few weeks have thrown any ideas I had for a GC completely out of whack. So many ideas, so little time!

I will add some complications ?

If you plan a Europe/far east cruise you can plan it on one of the US vacations without paying the extra for Holiday cruise ?  (4 of July for example or even better Labor day).

• 1 month later...

Awesome the GC is the Canada/New England sailing! Just big time bummed that we will not be on it. DS will be a sophomore in AP classes and on the soccer team.  Just can't swing it. We may go during the June or July 2020 sailing anyway (and rework our second Alaska sailing). Already have excursions picked! @Lovetocruise2002 does this fall during your summer break?

Unfortunately, the poll result didn't take into account possible dates. ?? I can't swing an October cruise, not even for Columbus Day weekend in 2020. My company is never closed on Columbus Day (if the market's open, my job is open), and our school district only has that day off and no others that week. My older daughter will most likely be away at college and living on campus, and I don't think my in-laws would be able to watch our other daughter and get her to high school each day; so that leaves me unable to go even with just my wife.

Sorry, everyone. I'd have loved a chance to meet a bunch of you, but it's just going to have to wait until a later year. I'll be planning a cruise with my family for the summer, probably that 9-night CA/NE offered mid-July or the 10-night Bermuda & Caribbean. But there's this repositioning cruise for Celebrity Summit that'll be hitting Iceland and Greenland in August...

The timing is not ideal for me.  It is the itinerary that I was pulling for though.  I will be off that year so technically I can go.  However, the kids being in school complicates things as we never planned to bring them on this one.  I have a courtesy hold at the moment and will likely be putting the deposit down over the weekend.  Hubby and I really want to do this sailing for the itinerary and for the people.  We have 2 years to figure out how to get the girls to school with us gone....

The dates are throwing me off too.  Maybe one day I can make a group cruise but our schedule isn't flexible enough to make this work.  Kids in school, football season and more.

On the flip side, since the GC isn't in July, I'm looking at Alaska.  I just need to decide between Ovation and Radiance.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:04 PM, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, the poll result didn't take into account possible dates. ?? I can't swing an October cruise, not even for Columbus Day weekend in 2020. My company is never closed on Columbus Day (if the market's open, my job is open), and our school district only has that day off and no others that week. My older daughter will most likely be away at college and living on campus, and I don't think my in-laws would be able to watch our other daughter and get her to high school each day; so that leaves me unable to go even with just my wife.

Sorry, everyone. I'd have loved a chance to meet a bunch of you, but it's just going to have to wait until a later year. I'll be planning a cruise with my family for the summer, probably that 9-night CA/NE offered mid-July or the 10-night Bermuda & Caribbean. But there's this repositioning cruise for Celebrity Summit that'll be hitting Iceland and Greenland in August...

There is also a 6 night repo on the newly refurbished Summit from Bayonne to San Juan in October...newly refurbished to the studs!  Super cheap rates too...We got AquaClass for $849 pp.  ? 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We’re booked !  Owners Suite this time.  Yippee !!  It’s been a while since we joined a blog group cruise.  It will be nice to see everyone again.

Woohoo!

On 12/15/2018 at 4:19 PM, melski94 said:

On the flip side, since the GC isn't in July, I'm looking at Alaska.  I just need to decide between Ovation and Radiance.

FWIW, I'm going on Ovation to Alaska in 2020 on June 5 sailing. It's not a group cruise, but a number of blog readers are coming too.  Consider yourself invited.

32 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

What am I missing here.....was the GC announced somewhere??!

I know I was away for a bit and did a cruise on Norwegian Sky which may have messed me up a little..lol.....but where is the posting details of this group cruise?!

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/event/royalcaribbeanblogcom-cruise-aboard-brilliance-of-the-seas

@monctonguy coming?