where will the next RCBlog Group Cruise Be?

where will the next RCBlog Group Cruise Be?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. where will the next RCBlog Group Cruise Be?

• Caribbean / Bahamas
    • Alaska
    • Europe ( including Baltics )
    • Middle East
    • Australia
    • Far East
    • Canada / New England

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Oliver said:

Is this to vote where we want the next cruise to be or where we think it’s going to be ?

good question really .... where you think it will be. personally I WANT it to be Europe but that's just because I'm from the UK.

I know matt has toyed with the idea of Europe and I think with Quantum 5 maybe ( hopefully) doing a maiden season out of the UK in 2020 this will be the best time to do a Europe GC

We've been bugging the heck out of Matt for a CA/NE 2020 as the next one, with the exception of a few rogues like @mworkman pushing for Europe. Those of us on the CA/NE side of the argument are thinking Matt's... distaste... for long flights over large bodies of water will, um, gently persuade him that our proposal really is the better option, at least for summer 2020. ? 

3 hours ago, mworkman said:

Deep down inside you know it would be a much better cruise as you could get your Genie room for a looooonnngger durations and enjoy it more, especially when sailing across the  Trans Atlantic ?

Won't take my kids to Europe yet and won't go to Europe without them.  So no Europe for us for at least another 6-8 years.

2 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

seems a lot think / want Canada and new England, would that be out of New York or do royal do other ports for departure?

Lately it's been out of New Jersey...maybe Baltimore (I can't be certain on that one).  

@Matt, might I direct your attention to the poll above?  Confidence? ?

25 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Prefer active/hot weather than an unpredictable one. Royal to Canada leaves out of Cape Liberty in NJ and Port of Baltimore in MD. I'm all for Europe!!

CA/NE would be in July / August, not a fall foliage trip (due to school calendars). So definitely hotter weather, even up north!

11 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

i wonder when the announcement will be ... :29_smirk:

Presumably sometime after Royal begins offering 2020 cruises past May ? 

I'm also presuming even Matt answers to a higher power, such as Moms of the Seas, so I can't imagine its as simple as just picking a date the day Royal opens cruises for booking.

3 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

hmmm Im not sure if anthem will be in NY 2020, I did hear it was scheduled for UK but then that would mean quantum 5 coming to NY maybe and a GC on her!!! I would be very tempted if that was the case

Last night on Periscope that came up and I suggested to @Matt that we should do a 2020 GC on Quantum 5 since it is rumoured that she will sail from NY/NJ area.  However, I'm not sure how long they will keep Quantum 5 in Europe with Anthem also headed over there.

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Last night on Periscope that came up and I suggested to @Matt that we should do a 2020 GC on Quantum 5 since it is rumoured that she will sail from NY/NJ area.  However, I'm not sure how long they will keep Quantum 5 in Europe with Anthem also headed over there.

OOOOO! I'd be possibly in for that one!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think its a case of if Anthem comes over from april to October in the UK Quantum 5 will go to NY and the new can have a GC on her! :P

Just now, cookingyo said:

I am on team Baltics. (as long as it isn't over 4th of July ?)

it would be a good one for me, they go out of Southampton to the Baltics/ Fyords which may be a Quantum class ship in 2020 or they go from other European countries but on smaller ships which I don't think a GC would be on.