Baltic or Southern Caribbean?

KAA

I'm back for another, "please help me pick a cruise!"

We're looking at June/July 2019

Choice:

*12 night Baltic from Amsterdam on Brilliance

or

*Southern Caribbean cruise on Freedom

You always have great feedback and looking forward to it again today!

Thank you!

This is a tough call. The 12-night Baltic cruise includes a stop in St. Petersburg, Russia; given the current political climate, ongoing protests in Russia, etc., you may want to take that into consideration when deciding. Probably a port where taking an official tour offered by Royal would be a safer bet, rather than exploring on your own. Rest of the itinerary looks great, lot of interesting ports with lots of history and culture.

The Southern Caribbean option, assuming you mean the one that visits the ABC islands, is always a good choice. But in June / July it's going to be HOT down there! And of course it's a shorter cruise at only 7 nights; I'm honestly surprised they don't have a 10-night option, I always thought that was the standard duration for Southern Caribbean.

Even with the (probably small) risk with St. Petersburg, I'd probably lean more towards that Baltic option. Your vacation is almost a week longer, it's definitely a bunch of more interesting ports, and if you haven't yet done a northern European itinerary then June/July is a good time of year to grab it.

I've already done a Baltic cruise in 2016 but will do Southern Caribbean in a month. Even before that I'd go with the Baltics as it was the best vacation we ever had. Just had a look at Brilliance's itinerary - I'd say go for it. Haven't been to Skagen but the other stops are amazing - and getting up early for Stockholm to see the sunrise in the archipelago should be on everybody's bucket list. For St. Petersburg I'd book with the cruise line so you don't have to bother with visa - and they may offer special tours like the Catherine Palace by night for small groups. If you want to visit the Amber Room, better book a special tour as the normal ones by day are so crowded you won't enjoy it much.

If you've got any questions regarding what to do in the Baltic, feel free to ask.