exuma swimming with the pigs - nassau

lincoln81

hey everyone we are doing our first cruise. looking forward to it. tons of great help so far. got another question.

we will be in nassau on day 6 of our cruise from 7am to 11:59pm and we really want to do swimming with the pigs in exuma. we found various sites that offer this. one is hidden beaches bahamas.

question is if we are port at 7am can we make it over to paradise island by 815 am??

From what I've read, it's usually hard to get an excursion to Exuma since it's a pretty good clip away from Nassau.  The fact that you'll be in Nassau for so long definitely puts it in the doable category for you, but it may be a bit pricey.  You'll likely need to get off the ship as soon as you can as most tours leave from Nassau fairly early in the morning.  This site http://www.exumawatertours.com/excursions-bahamas-exuma-tours-water.php is one of the only ones that I've seen that offers pickup specifically for cruise passengers.  The description is below:

We offer a special price for Nassau cruise ship passengers:
$400 per person including children.
Pickup at 8:30am. Arrive back at 3:00pm.
Lunch at Black Point Landing.
Private charter for a maximum of 6 people for $3,600 (Tax included).
For larger groups, call us for more information.

Wow...$400/person...that's almost double what I paid for the whole cruise!.....

Something I have always thought would be an amazing experience but its defn going to have to wait or come down in price for sure....

We are in port for the same hours for our cruise as well..seems like that's is the norm now for Marnier of the Seas when she is docked there.

• 1 month later...

We got canceled from powerboat adventures because someone rented the whole boat. 

Rc offers swimming with pigs in cococay as a excursion so we booked that. Gonna see how it is. Half the cost of powerboat adventures. Yes its shorter and less to do. But ultimately we only cared about the pigs 

15 hours ago, lincoln81 said:

We got canceled from powerboat adventures because someone rented the whole boat. 

Rc offers swimming with pigs in cococay as a excursion so we booked that. Gonna see how it is. Half the cost of powerboat adventures. Yes its shorter and less to do. But ultimately we only cared about the pigs 

I'm seriously considering this one at Coco Cay as well! Please let us know how it is - when are you cruising?

On 12/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm seriously considering this one at Coco Cay as well! Please let us know how it is - when are you cruising?

Hi - we did the Coco Cay Swimming pig excursion in October.  We had a great time, and the crew were all very nice and accommodating. You can read about it in my live blog here: 

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 7:39 AM, lincoln81 said:

What did you think of the pigs at Cococay? Headed there in May and looking into it!

• 4 months later...

The CocoCay excursion is fake.  The guy literally said he got the pigs at a slaughter house and brought them to the island.  He has a pig pen that goes into the water.  It is a false representation of the Bahamas' Swimming Pigs.  These are not them and they barely swim in the water.  These are just regular pigs.  Don't waste your money.  Norwegian uses the same excursion, on their website they are honest with their guests that it is not the real thing.  RCCL gives you the impression it is.  I contacted RCCL and have been completely ignored.  Very disappointed and a huge waste of money.