Semi-Live Blog from RCI Loyals on Norwegian Breakaway 10/2-10/17

Rimmit

So for those interested, we are starting a live blog on the Norwegian Breakaway TA. This may be somewhat relevant to RCI cruisers, as we primarily cruise RCI, as we are almost Diamond Plus and this is our first Norwegian Cruise since 1991, so it will basically be new to us. Much of our commentary will be somewhat of a comparison between the two lines. We are very anxious stepping outside our comfort zone of Disney and RCI, but the price was right and itinerary a little different. 

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/30/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-1/

You have to look out for the cheap one Ways on Wow or Norwegian.  Also,  a lot of times the cruise lines seem to get good deals on multi city flights as well.  We did a Barcelona to Dubai reposition and the CruiseLine had the cheapest flights by far of everything I checked.

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

@Rimmit, that is terrible about the phone.  I wonder sometimes.. anyway, love love love your blogs, you always seem to go with the flow!  I will be following!! Have a safe and wonderful trip!   

Thanks!   We have travelled a lot and have so many things happen over the years it’s hard to shock us at this point.  On an even worse note I had my camera stolen from me in Indianapolis in April from my hotel room... along with our snacks and hair gel.   That was truly crushing as my camera is practically a third child to me.

Wow, I hope your daughter is feeling better now! Just a short-term virus?

It's really cool how you and your wife will alternate writing the day's blog, yet you have such similar writing styles that until I see a reference to one of you that I can't immediately tell who's writing.

And for sure, whenever I make my way out to Copenhagen for a Norway or Baltic cruise I will be getting that Copenhagen Card. Sounds like in the two days you've been there, you more than got back your original investment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 1:10 PM, JLMoran said:

Wow, I hope your daughter is feeling better now! Just a short-term virus?

It's really cool how you and your wife will alternate writing the day's blog, yet you have such similar writing styles that until I see a reference to one of you that I can't immediately tell who's writing.

And for sure, whenever I make my way out to Copenhagen for a Norway or Baltic cruise I will be getting that Copenhagen Card. Sounds like in the two days you've been there, you more than got back your original investment.

I think it was just jet lag.  She always seemed to complain of feeling ill in the evenings the first couple days in copenhagen, but was fine during the day.  No fever, no diarrhea, just random nausea.

We have EXTREMELY similar writing styles, which is kinda freaky actually.  She does most of the writing, but it's a lot of writing so I pitch in every now and then.  I tend to be more detail oriented and logistics and she is just more of an overview.  You can tell the difference in that I can bog down in details sometimes.  Thanks for reading.  Now that we are on land we can finish it out.  NCL internet is .99/minute!!!  It's ridiculous.  We'd go broke doing this blog.

Here is day #5. 

http://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/10/17/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-5/

I absolutely love your blogs! Can't wait to read about the rest of the cruise. 

I have one question though, can you please correct that Netto is a Danish grocery store, and not a Swedish? (Danes and Swedes have always been in competition and it really kills me that you got this one wrong ?)

4 hours ago, boomle said:

I absolutely love your blogs! Can't wait to read about the rest of the cruise. 

I have one question though, can you please correct that Netto is a Danish grocery store, and not a Swedish? (Danes and Swedes have always been in competition and it really kills me that you got this one wrong ?)

Thank you for catching that.  Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there are any other mistakes.  Hopefully no Danish or swedish people saw it.  It’d be like calling ABBA or IKEA Danish.  Lol.  I have since corrected that.

4 hours ago, Susie said:

Love, love, love.... your blog. We always take our son with us anywhere we go so I can relate to you guys. We took him to the cruise since he was 2.5 years old.

Keep it coming. 

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad to hear you took your son when he was young.  It always kills me when I hear people say you are crazy to take a kid/baby on a cruise.  It’s the best vacation with a baby/young child and we’ve tried pretty much every kind.  Please let us know if there any particular topics or articles you’d like to see.  We want to write what people want to read.  

Just now, Rimmit said:

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad to hear you took your son when he was young.  It always kills me when I hear people say you are crazy to take a kid/baby on a cruise.  It’s the best vacation with a baby/young child and we’ve tried pretty much every kind.  Please let us know if there any particular topics or articles you’d like to see.  We want to write what people want to read.  

Yes, took our son with us was harder to manage but that what we want and will not change anything. He will always go with us anywhere. He is now 6 years old. November 17, we will be on Anthem OTC and will be his 4th cruises. 

So far we have been cruising with RCI and not try other lines yet. We did book MSC Seaside for August 2019 and thinking to try Norwegian cruise sometimes in the future. 

1 hour ago, Susie said:

Yes, took our son with us was harder to manage but that what we want and will not change anything. He will always go with us anywhere. He is now 6 years old. November 17, we will be on Anthem OTC and will be his 4th cruises. 

So far we have been cruising with RCI and not try other lines yet. We did book MSC Seaside for August 2019 and thinking to try Norwegian cruise sometimes in the future. 

Our kids travel with us 99 percent of the time, and they have never cruised without them.  They have logged countless days on cruise ships at this point.

We were going to go on the Anthem on the Nov. 25th sailing 11 nighter southern caribbean.  Did the 12 night in 2017. We cx'ed last minute though and took a penalty as we got a killer deal on some airfare to Europe, so we will do some independent land exploring of Paris, Prague, Budapest and Moscow.  Not nearly as relaxing as a cruise, but should be an adventure.  We will definitely be regretting it a little when we are freezing to death in Moscow instead of laying on a warm caribbean beach, lol.

Saw you were on the Grandeur earlier this year.  We did the 12 night sailing in the end of march.  Were you on it by chance?

We have done every major US cruiseline, and we feel RCI is the best bang for buck, esp with kids.  Disney is better for kids,  but it’s double to triple the cost and we only do it on occasion.  We have never done MSC but I’d love to hear your opinion when you do one.

Day #9

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/10/21/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-9/

1 hour ago, Rimmit said:

We have never done MSC but I’d love to hear your opinion when you do one.

A few of us (mainly loyal to Royal people) here have sailed the Seaside.  This post offers a good comparison.  They are not Royal.  But they are definitely good competition for Royal.  I also did a live blog from the Seaside.  I can PM you if you are interested.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5984-msc-seaside-thoughts-from-a-mostly-loyal-to-royal-family/&tab=comments#comment-63785

2 hours ago, Rimmit said:

Our kids travel with us 99 percent of the time, and they have never cruised without them.  They have logged countless days on cruise ships at this point.

We were going to go on the Anthem on the Nov. 25th sailing 11 nighter southern caribbean.  Did the 12 night in 2017. We cx'ed last minute though and took a penalty as we got a killer deal on some airfare to Europe, so we will do some independent land exploring of Paris, Prague, Budapest and Moscow.  Not nearly as relaxing as a cruise, but should be an adventure.  We will definitely be regretting it a little when we are freezing to death in Moscow instead of laying on a warm caribbean beach, lol.

Saw you were on the Grandeur earlier this year.  We did the 12 night sailing in the end of march.  Were you on it by chance?

Day #9

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/10/21/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-9/

Yes, we were on Grandeur this year 12 night during Easter 2018, March 24-April 5. It was so much fun, we were on the beach most stop. My favorite is St. Lucia and St. Kitts. St. Lucia we did the all-day tour to a plantation, a beach, a volcano, and a waterfall. My husband found the tour on the Internet and book it online. For St. Kitts we did the beach forgot the name. The water was so calm and clear, the fishes came right to you and next to the restaurant. We rent the umbrella and 2x lounge chairs then ordered sushi, whole pizza, and beers.  We live in Maryland that why we are on Grandeur a lot. However, my son getting older and not much to do on Grandeur.             

I am sure you guys will have fun in Europe and Moscow. Can't wait to see your nice pictures.

My aunt will be on MSC Seaside in a few weeks so I should get some feedback from her.  I booked Seaside relatively early because seems to fill up so quickly. The price of the cruise is really low and have a slide for my son so that is sold me. I also ask MSC that if I change my mind want to cancel, MSC said longer before 90 days mark I will get all my money back so that makes me feel better.

59 minutes ago, Susie said:

Yes, we were on Grandeur this year 12 night during Easter 2018, March 24-April 5. It was so much fun, we were on the beach most stop. My favorite is St. Lucia and St. Kitts. St. Lucia we did the all-day tour to a plantation, a beach, a volcano, and a waterfall. My husband found the tour on the Internet and book it online. For St. Kitts we did the beach forgot the name. The water was so calm and clear, the fishes came right to you and next to the restaurant. We rent the umbrella and 2x lounge chairs then ordered sushi, whole pizza, and beers.               

I am sure you guys will have fun in Europe and Moscow. Can't wait to see your nice pictures. We live in Maryland that why we are on Grandeur a lot. However, my son getting older and not much to do on Grandeur.

I figured as much.  We live in KY so Baltimore is just a 6.5 hour drive for us,  so It is our closest cruise port and have done the Grandeur twice as it is so convenient. 

What was your son’s name.  I will ask Zack if he remembers him.  If you saw 7 year old boy running like a crazy person that was probably zack.

The Grandeur is definitely not the most exciting ship in the fleet but the kids club is really all Zack needs to stay entertained., but the extra amenities like an ifly and bumper cars don’t hurt.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A few of us (mainly loyal to Royal people) here have sailed the Seaside.  This post offers a good comparison.  They are not Royal.  But they are definitely good competition for Royal.  I also did a live blog from the Seaside.  I can PM you if you are interested.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5984-msc-seaside-thoughts-from-a-mostly-loyal-to-royal-family/&tab=comments#comment-63785

Very informative,  thank you for posting that.  We will definitely consider it the next time they have those free drink package deals with a balcony.  We almost booked the last time they had one as the price was insane. 

We have done Disney twice and over 150 Days in RCI.  Disney is super hard to justify during peak season, and I find it good to hear we aren’t the only ones that think that.  We have lots of DVP friends who continually push DCl on us,  but the price is insane when you can get a product like RCI for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost based on time of year.

9 minutes ago, Rimmit said:

Very informative,  thank you for posting that.  We will definitely consider it the next time they have those free drink package deals with a balcony.  We almost booked the last time they had one as the price was insane. 

We have done Disney twice and over 150 Days in RCI.  Disney is super hard to justify during peak season, and I find it good to hear we aren’t the only ones that think that.  We have lots of DVP friends who continually push DCl on us,  but the price is insane when you can get a product like RCI for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost based on time of year.

We have done DCL 3 times. Very much done with it. My kids have grown past that and we are not Disney fanatics. I agree, DCL great for those with younger ones, that's about it.

Just now, Rimmit said:

I figured as much.  We live in KY so Baltimore is just a 6.5 hour drive for us,  so It is our closest cruise port and have done the Grandeur twice as it is so convenient. 

What was your son’s name.  I will ask Zack if he remembers him.  If you saw 7 year old boy running like a crazy person that was probably zack.

The Grandeur is definitely not the most exciting ship in the fleet but the kids club is really all Zack needs to stay entertained., but the extra amenities like an ifly and bumper cars don’t hurt.

My son name is Nicholas. He went to the kid's club one time. Not sure why he doesn't like it that much. He seems to like to be in the pool even though we have a pool at home. This upcoming cruise on Anthem, we possible will try the Adventure Ocean again. He might like it this time. We went on Grandeur 5 times so kind of want to get on the new ship. Because of the school calendar, we only can go during Easter, Summer, Thanksgiving or Christmas. We are thinking of booking the cruise for this Easter break but not sure yet what ship we will book.  Maryland changing the school calendar and now we only get 3 days off for Easter break so we possible only can do 7 days cruise this coming Easter.

1 hour ago, Susie said:

My son name is Nicholas. He went to the kid's club one time. Not sure why he doesn't like it that much. He seems to like to be in the pool even though we have a pool at home. This upcoming cruise on Anthem, we possible will try the Adventure Ocean again. He might like it this time. We went on Grandeur 5 times so kind of want to get on the new ship. Because of the school calendar, we only can go during Easter, Summer, Thanksgiving or Christmas. We are thinking of booking the cruise for this Easter break but not sure yet what ship we will book.  Maryland changing the school calendar and now we only get 3 days off for Easter break so we possible only can do 7 days cruise this coming Easter.

We’ve been on 13 different ships in RCI’s fleet and in all honesty the Grandeur is one my favorites.  It is not the prettiest ship and it needs a definite face lift as it is looking a bit tired these days but, we love the smaller ships.  We like meeting new people and on the bigger ships you see people once and that’s it.  On the Grandeur as you well know you really make some great friends.  Not so much on the larger ships.   Plus the walking with kids on larger ships can be tiring.  If it was just me and the wife we’d probably never do the mega ships unless the intinerary suited our needs.

Totally understand the school calendar thing.  We homeschooled zack this year to buy us some more vacation time.  Might do it one more year until Lucy gets to kindergarten and put them both back in school.

10 hours ago, Rimmit said:

We’ve been on 13 different ships in RCI’s fleet and in all honesty the Grandeur is one my favorites.  It is not the prettiest ship and it needs a definite face lift as it is looking a bit tired these days but, we love the smaller ships.  We like meeting new people and on the bigger ships you see people once and that’s it.  On the Grandeur as you well know you really make some great friends.  Not so much on the larger ships.   Plus the walking with kids on larger ships can be tiring.  If it was just me and the wife we’d probably never do the mega ships unless the intinerary suited our needs.

Totally understand the school calendar thing.  We homeschooled zack this year to buy us some more vacation time.  Might do it one more year until Lucy gets to kindergarten and put them both back in school.

We had never been on a mega ship like Oasis class.  The biggest ship, we went on was Freedom OTC so Anthem will be our new biggest ship. I still not rule out Grandeur OTC, if the price and time are right, we will definitely cruise with her again because of convenient. LOL, I can't teach Nicholas so have to let the school do that. Your pictures are great. I have questions about a camera. Do you use filters? I love to take pictures but definitely no expert. I still have my ancient 6 years old Nikon P510 Coolpix. It is a great camera for me and easy to use. My camera does not have a thread for filters lens so I will need to buy an adapter first then buy filters. Does it necessary to use a camera hood?

On 10/22/2018 at 10:21 AM, Susie said:

We had never been on a mega ship like Oasis class.  The biggest ship, we went on was Freedom OTC so Anthem will be our new biggest ship. I still not rule out Grandeur OTC, if the price and time are right, we will definitely cruise with her again because of convenient. LOL, I can't teach Nicholas so have to let the school do that. Your pictures are great. I have questions about a camera. Do you use filters? I love to take pictures but definitely no expert. I still have my ancient 6 years old Nikon P510 Coolpix. It is a great camera for me and easy to use. My camera does not have a thread for filters lens so I will need to buy an adapter first then buy filters. Does it necessary to use a camera hood?

I use a Canon 5D MK IV.  No filters.  Lightroom Classic to process on the computer.  Good helps reduce lens flare esp, when the sun is the side of the pic.  More importantly it helps keeps my kids hands off the lens.

we have never done he Oasis class ships in all our cruising.  Every time we schedule it we have conflicts. We are schedule for it This Feb 10 so we will see if it sticks.  I doubt I will like it as much as the Grandeur.  For me the smaller the ship the better, although with kids there is a balance.  I did a couple expeditions that were 14 nights long and only 80-50 people per expedition without the kids.  It’s so nice to really get to know people, and on a mega ship it’s hard.  We still keep in contact with cruise friends from 15+ years ago

On 10/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, Rimmit said:

we have never done he Oasis class ships in all our cruising.  Every time we schedule it we have conflicts. We are schedule for it This Feb 10 so we will see if it sticks.  I doubt I will like it as much as the Grandeur.  For me the smaller the ship the better, although with kids there is a balance.  I did a couple expeditions that were 14 nights long and only 80-50 people per expedition without the kids.  It’s so nice to really get to know people, and on a mega ship it’s hard.  We still keep in contact with cruise friends from 15+ years ago

If I do not wrong you possible scheduled to sail on Harmony in Feb. I think Zack and Lucy will like Oasis class because a lot for them to do. I am thinking to book either Harmony or Symphony for Easter break. Anyway, I still hesitate about it. First, they are expensive and second, we have to drive to Miami 15 hrs. (Airplane tickets is really expensive) I also think about Anthem for Easter but the sailing is for Bermuda. I think April is still cold in Burmuda. The water temp like 70 F or less. Still cannot make my mind.

LOL, your camera is out of my league. For a beginner like me the Nikon 3400 possible good enough.

4 hours ago, Susie said:

If I do not wrong you possible scheduled to sail on Harmony in Feb. I think Zack and Lucy will like Oasis class because a lot for them to do. I am thinking to book either Harmony or Symphony for Easter break. Anyway, I still hesitate about it. First, they are expensive and second, we have to drive to Miami 15 hrs. (Airplane tickets is really expensive) I also think about Anthem for Easter but the sailing is for Bermuda. I think April is still cold in Burmuda. The water temp like 70 F or less. Still cannot make my mind.

LOL, your camera is out of my league. For a beginner like me the Nikon 3400 possible good enough.

It's definitely Oasis.  We were debating a B2B on the Oasis to justify the drive.  We are going with friends, and that's the only cruise dates that would work and the anthem dates in Feb. wouldn't work which killed me as we had a killer deal on the Feb. 3rd 12 night Anthem sailing.  We hate driving to FL to catch a boat.  In the end we are doing the Enchantment 4 night on Feb. 4, going to Disney for two days, and then hopping on the Oasis on Feb. 10.

I was looking at Spring Break Airfare from you area,  as we have some friends that tried to recruit us onto the Celebrity Silhouette Mar. 24 sailing out of FLL.  It wouldn't work as we had a wedding on Apr 6th, and the rehearsal Apr. 5 when we disembark. The wedding was in DC, so I was looking at BWI, IAD, and DCA for possible flights.  The flights weren't awful.  For four of us, I got it down to 900 dollars on SWA.  Not great, but not $2000 dollars expensive.  Ultimately they decided to have the rehearsal dinner midday so logistically it won't work for us as we had to make 1015 direct flight that would land at 1230, but that left no margin for error. It was nice itinerary going to the really south caribbean and 4 ports we had never been to before and we've been pretty much every where in the Caribbean that isn't Cuba.

We are instead doing the Mar. 22nd Grandeur, and possibly one of the Bermudas on the Anthem or Grandeur in April.  It'd be nice to hit up Boston, as we have only been there once and only briefly.

If you are tiring of the Caribbean I've been stalking some Prestige cruises deals.  They quoted me $5600 for a 13 night Princess cruise starting in Singapore ending in Tokyo, with 3 nights hotel in Singapore WITH AIRFARE out of ORD.  That is insane.  We couldn't make the dates work, but it was sooo tempting.  

The 3400 is a great camera.  All DSLR's take awesome pics these days.  The higher end cameras just take marginally better pics, and only if you truly know how to use it to it's full extent and then process the pics correctly afterwards, otherwise, it's just as good as a 3400 or Rebel imo.  Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll move up the camera world over time.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:30 PM, Rimmit said:

It's definitely Oasis.  We were debating a B2B on the Oasis to justify the drive.  We are going with friends, and that's the only cruise dates that would work and the anthem dates in Feb. wouldn't work which killed me as we had a killer deal on the Feb. 3rd 12 night Anthem sailing.  We hate driving to FL to catch a boat.  In the end we are doing the Enchantment 4 night on Feb. 4, going to Disney for two days, and then hopping on the Oasis on Feb. 10.

I was looking at Spring Break Airfare from you area,  as we have some friends that tried to recruit us onto the Celebrity Silhouette Mar. 24 sailing out of FLL.  It wouldn't work as we had a wedding on Apr 6th, and the rehearsal Apr. 5 when we disembark. The wedding was in DC, so I was looking at BWI, IAD, and DCA for possible flights.  The flights weren't awful.  For four of us, I got it down to 900 dollars on SWA.  Not great, but not $2000 dollars expensive.  Ultimately they decided to have the rehearsal dinner midday so logistically it won't work for us as we had to make 1015 direct flight that would land at 1230, but that left no margin for error. It was nice itinerary going to the really south caribbean and 4 ports we had never been to before and we've been pretty much every where in the Caribbean that isn't Cuba.

We are instead doing the Mar. 22nd Grandeur, and possibly one of the Bermudas on the Anthem or Grandeur in April.  It'd be nice to hit up Boston, as we have only been there once and only briefly.

If you are tiring of the Caribbean I've been stalking some Prestige cruises deals.  They quoted me $5600 for a 13 night Princess cruise starting in Singapore ending in Tokyo, with 3 nights hotel in Singapore WITH AIRFARE out of ORD.  That is insane.  We couldn't make the dates work, but it was sooo tempting.  

The 3400 is a great camera.  All DSLR's take awesome pics these days.  The higher end cameras just take marginally better pics, and only if you truly know how to use it to it's full extent and then process the pics correctly afterwards, otherwise, it's just as good as a 3400 or Rebel imo.  Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll move up the camera world over time.

Sorry that your wife was seasick on the cruise. I was sick the first sea day on Grandeur in April. I had never been sick like that since I took 17 cruises. I took the medicine from the service desk and keep drink coffee or coke so I don't need to sleep all day. This time I will prepare and take some Bonine and Seaband with me.

Enchantment 4 night on Feb. 4, going to Disney for two days, and then hopping on the Oasis on Feb. 10, is a really great plan. We wish we can do that. With Nicholas's school schedule no way I can do that. My husband also works in a Corporate company so he cannot take many days off. I have my own little handmade business so I can take any time off with no problem. 

The Prestige cruises is a killer deal, for that price with airfare. Yes, we went almost all countries in the Caribbean and we want to go somewhere else (sometimes). 

These are the cruise that we might book. (I still not make my mind). We have never been to Bermuda so we are more toward to Bermuda but water at the beach probably cold in April. 

Anthem April 13 Sailing to Bermuda & Boston (Drivable & Nicholas's take off school 3 days)

Grandeur April 18 sailing to Bermuda & South Carolina (Drivable & Nicholas's take off school 3 days)

Symphony April 13 sailing to St. Kitt, St. Thomas & Nassau (Nicholas's take off school 4 days, expensive cruise, have to drive to Miami (15-16 hrs) or fly, and the Caribbean again).

Harmony April 14 sailing to St Maarten, San Juan, & Labadee (Nicholas's take off school 3 days, expensive cruise, have to drive to Fort Lauderdale(15-16 hrs) or fly, and the Caribbean again).

On 10/25/2018 at 10:05 AM, Susie said:

Sorry that your wife was seasick on the cruise. I was sick the first sea day on Grandeur in April. I had never been sick like that since I took 17 cruises. I took the medicine from the service desk and keep drink coffee or coke so I don't need to sleep all day. This time I will prepare and take some Bonine and Seaband with me.

Enchantment 4 night on Feb. 4, going to Disney for two days, and then hopping on the Oasis on Feb. 10, is a really great plan. We wish we can do that. With Nicholas's school schedule no way I can do that. My husband also works in a Corporate company so he cannot take many days off. I have my own little handmade business so I can take any time off with no problem. 

The Prestige cruises is a killer deal, for that price with airfare. Yes, we went almost all countries in the Caribbean and we want to go somewhere else (sometimes). 

These are the cruise that we might book. (I still not make my mind). We have never been to Bermuda so we are more toward to Bermuda but water at the beach probably cold in April. 

Anthem April 13 Sailing to Bermuda & Boston (Drivable & Nicholas's take off school 3 days)

Grandeur April 18 sailing to Bermuda & South Carolina (Drivable & Nicholas's take off school 3 days)

Symphony April 13 sailing to St. Kitt, St. Thomas & Nassau (Nicholas's take off school 4 days, expensive cruise, have to drive to Miami (15-16 hrs) or fly, and the Caribbean again).

Harmony April 14 sailing to St Maarten, San Juan, & Labadee (Nicholas's take off school 3 days, expensive cruise, have to drive to Fort Lauderdale(15-16 hrs) or fly, and the Caribbean again).

All those are good choices.  Really can't go wrong.  I really enjoyed the Anthem.  I know the Quantum class got a bad rap at the beginning because of Dynamic dining, but we really enjoy the quantum class ships.  They are awesome for inclement weather.

Day #13

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/10/26/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-13/

1 hour ago, Rimmit said:

Stunning pictures as always, especially that sunrise and the overlook along the coastal view. The pineapple greenhouse reminds me of the science channel show "what's on earth?". In Almeria Spain, the greenhouse complex is so big and it can see it from space. I am a science channel fan. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, ellcee said:

@Rimmit Maybe the group was from Mersey? Liverpool? That seems to make more sense but who knows!

You're getting ahead of the blog, but a couple days later they revealed where the name came from. ?

Day #14

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/10/29/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-14/