$1800 CAD for a 5 day cruise-inside cabin?!

Wow..I almost fell out of my chair. The cruise I have booked for Jan/2016 on IOS....is now showing at $1800 for a INSIDE cabin for 1 person..and that's for a 5 day cruise...yup!

It has doubled since I booked it, not to mention I got a small OBC at the time as well.

Is this price increase just due to demand for that sailing or is this a reflection of the drop in our Canadian dollar?

Any other Canadians notice this type of cost increase for their cruises?

If I was to book this now..along with airfare it would be close to $3000 for a 5 day cruise......

I hope this isn't a sign of prices to come for us Canadians.....

Assuming you are looking at the Jan 11th cruise it does seem to have spiked on price for some reason, I get about $1400 USD for an inside for that one .... seems high to me but I usually book for 3 so not as familiar with pricing for singles.

The other 5 nighters in January on IOTS look cheaper though so it seems like its just that cruise for some reason ?

I've been looking at various cruises after I booked the Liberty and all of them have definitely spiked in price.  For the same cabin I have right now has increased by about $600 for the three of us.  Even a 6 night Allure in 2017 has jumped in price.

I guess this is the benefit of booking early.

Wow..I almost fell out of my chair. The cruise I have booked for Jan/2016 on IOS....is now showing at $1800 for a INSIDE cabin for 1 person..and that's for a 5 day cruise...yup!

It has doubled since I booked it, not to mention I got a small OBC at the time as well.

Is this price increase just due to demand for that sailing or is this a reflection of the drop in our Canadian dollar?

Any other Canadians notice this type of cost increase for their cruises?

If I was to book this now..along with airfare it would be close to $3000 for a 5 day cruise......

I hope this isn't a sign of prices to come for us Canadians.....

I to have noticed a increase of my cruise  fare since I've booked. I paid $ 1108.00 CAD per person (Balcony), and now it's 1622.00 CAD.

That's an increase of $ 514.00 CAD per person, witch is almost the cost of my airfaire ! 

I'm sailing in jannuary 2016 to, on Allure. 

I did check and it seems this particular cruise has really gone up way more for some reason.....but still looks like lots of cabins available.

Oh well, I hope this isn't a trend or sign of things to come.

I know there are fluctuations, but 5 days costing almost $2000 is getting a little ridiculous for an inside cabin, no matter which ship, itinerary or time of year!

The Canadian dollar isn't helping. This time last year we were low 90's, now we're around 77 cents. Not the best time to be spending USD.

We try to book long in advance to save money, it helps on flights too. It's still expensive though.

This year we broke down and booked on short notice (for us) and seen a big difference. Paid 1300 CAD (for both of us) for 5 nights on Independence and 575 CAD pp for flights (wanted to save our points). We were very lucky to find those flights, most were very expensive.

So all and all we ended up paying around 2500 for 5 nights, plus hotel for night before. We would of done much better if we booked 10 months in advance and kept an eye on deals.

It does make you question if its worth it. Although I still find Royal a good value, when you add it all up (flight n hotel) I gets a bit much.

But let's face it, it is a kick a$$ vacation. Staying in a hotel and paying for food for 5-7 days isn't cheap either, and not nearly as much fun.

My problem is 'real life', it's getting way too expensive. Stuff keeps popping up all over the place and we're in the middle of much needed reno's right now (that will take a loong time to pay off). We even thought of cancelling a cruise, but screw that. I need something to keep me going, 'real life' doesn't cut it.