Saved on cruise by calling

Shari

17 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

We just made the final payment on our December cruise last week. Am I correct in thinking you can't rebook after final payment?

If your cruise is in December then it sounds like you are past final payment date.  If so, you cannot cancel or rebook without incurring a penalty.  If you are looking to upgrade the cruise you are already on, then often you can do that...but not cancel it and rebook something else without penalty

47 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

We just made the final payment on our December cruise last week. Am I correct in thinking you can't rebook after final payment?

Just happened to me with my Thanksgiving cruise that past final payment(I booked it last minute). Only 5 days after I booked price drop $500 and I don't get any penny back. You will not get the refund but you MIGHT get an upgrade. For my case, I don't get an upgrade either because they already said they upgraded my cabin already even though the cabin I got is the same cabin from day one. So nothing guarantee but if you have time doesn't hurt to call. You might get an upgrade. 

Just called, and saved $573.00 on my Oasis Crown Loft Suite for March 2020!  None of other cruises really changed but I'll take it!  Lost $100 OBC but hey that's ok.  I had just had it repriced last Thursday and saved $140.00 since initial booking, so YES please keep checking pricing, you never know!! Thank you @Shari for the reminder!!

40 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Just called, and saved $573.00 on my Oasis Crown Loft Suite for March 2020!  None of other cruises really changed but I'll take it!  Lost $100 OBC but hey that's ok.  I had just had it repriced last Thursday and saved $140.00 since initial booking, so YES please keep checking pricing, you never know!! Thank you @Shari for the reminder!!

YIPPEE !!!

2 minutes ago, kjw83 said:

What do you ask about when you call? I`m a newbie here, waiting for my first cruise in April! 

Just ask for them to check for a lower price due to the recent sale.  Or, you can just go to Royal's website, do a mock booking, and try it yourself to see if it's lower.  If you used a travel agent, just give them a call and they will do the work for you. 

6 hours ago, Shari said:

Everybody should check their own cruise pricing.  BOGO60 started today.  I called again and got another 340 off.

Forget re-pricing!  I just YOLO'd and booked another cruise!  I am so out of control!  I need help.

Next NYE!  Learned my lesson from this NYE.  Not waiting for last minute again! LOL.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, KathyC said:

Just ask for them to check for a lower price due to the recent sale.  Or, you can just go to Royal's website, do a mock booking, and try it yourself to see if it's lower.  If you used a travel agent, just give them a call and they will do the work for you. 

Isn’t that the big argument on this site on using a travel agent? Shouldn’t they be checking this routinely? I have found they are not as reliable as people think that’s why I just do everything myself. 

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Isn’t that the big argument on this site on using a travel agent? Shouldn’t they be checking this routinely? I have found they are not as reliable as people think that’s why I just do everything myself. 

Some do, and some you have to ask.  The sponsor of this site, MEI, does check automatically; my agent will only notify me if there is a price drop.  I have another travel agent I use as well, and he does not check unless I ask.  My third travel agent (yes, I use three) they do and tell me each sale what the price difference is and if they are going to re-price.  

13 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Travel agents don't check every day because price drops do not happen quite that often. As a rule, TAs I know check when new sales come out and when major timeline events occur, such as final payment date approaching.