Ultimate Dining Package : reservation by appt or at the restaurant

Big Daddy

We will be on the Anthem of the Sea on Oct. 27th.  We  have an early boarding time.  I want to get all my dining reservation done as quickly as possible. We have the Ultimate Dining Package. First , can I use the Royal Caribbean  appt. or must I go to each dining room and make the reservation. Second,  our first dining reservation is at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.  We are fixed to the time ? The wife is already mad that  this might be cutting into our drinking time. LOL

Thanks for any help.

Anthem of the Seas doesn't yet use the new Royal Caribbean app, it's still on the older Royal IQ app. And unfortunately, that app only works on board the ship while in range of the Royal Wifi network, not elsewhere. So you'll want to go to any specialty dining reservation desk when you board and speak with the rep there to get everything set up. You don't have to go to each specific restaurant; any restaurant that is open, or the general specialty dining booking booths that you should find on embarkation day, can handle every reservation for every restaurant that you want to make.

As far as the initial booking you get for day 1, that's not set in stone. You can change the time and the even the specific restaurant, as long as seating is available at the time slot you want. I will say, just based on my observations while checking the Cruise Planner regularly, that the most-preferred dining slots between about 6 and 7:30 PM tend to get "sold out" from people reserving online, at least on the first couple of days. If you're OK with an earlier or later time, you shouldn't have any issues. And after day two or three, especially on port days, I've been seeing better availability compared to embarkation and sea day 1.

Thanks for your advice, JLMoran. So if i get this right,  I brought the "Ultimate Dining Package" but can't make any prior reservation until we on the ship , but people who buy a  single special dinner spot can make the reservation prior to the cruise. There by getting the prime dinner times. I think I may have purchased the wrong package? I know it is less money per meal with this plan, but I would like the ability to get times around the shows I have already been able to schedule prior to the cruise. Maybe it not so "Ultimate" LOL

13 hours ago, Big Daddy said:

Thanks for your advice, JLMoran. So if i get this right,  I brought the "Ultimate Dining Package" but can't make any prior reservation until we on the ship , but people who buy a  single special dinner spot can make the reservation prior to the cruise. There by getting the prime dinner times. I think I may have purchased the wrong package? I know it is less money per meal with this plan, but I would like the ability to get times around the shows I have already been able to schedule prior to the cruise. Maybe it not so "Ultimate" LOL

You have it right.  Those people who purchase a single meal onboard are paying top price for their meal - full price plus 18% gratuity while your pre-purchased dining package was discounted and you will pay no extra gratuity.  THAT is why they get first option for time and location and you must wait until you get onboard to reserve your meals.  It is not hard to get your desired time and location though, even with the pre-purchased discounted dining package.  Just go directly to one of the specialty restaurants or to the location onboard where they are making specialty dining reservations (this location varies by ship but is often on the Promenade next to the pub on ships with Promenades) when you board the ship on day 1 and make your reservations all at once (this will require a little pre-planning to know what you want to do).  You can make changes to the reservations if you need to as you go through the week but the longer you wait to make your reservations (or changes) the more likely it will be that your first choice of time and location will be booked.  If you like specialty restaurants, I find the dining packages to be an excellent value.