FlowBro Ty

? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

8 hours ago, CGTLH said:

I'm mixed on this one...

The concept art almost seems like it is a modification to the dance floor/space in Boleros. I know the bar in On-Air would be right side if facing towards the back wall where the stage might be. But the space the rendering gives makes it seem much larger.

Spotlight%20Karaoke%20Oasis.jpg?itok=5_C

20190521_131558-1152x864.jpg

Crazy I know, the band stage would be the right spot for the DJ. The back wall area the location of the bar.

After some more analysis of the current On-Air I can visualize a 180 spin. What had been throwing me off was the DJ booth where an exit route to the embarkation deck for the lifeboats. Looking and visualizing a hallway behind or to the side of the DJ booth would work. In fact the rendering almost gives that view.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

I asked Royal Caribbean PR and they said no changes to Cats.

That’s good news for anyone booking other Oasis class ships knowing it won’t be swapped, I was dreading it been swapped to Allure next year 😂 phew 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

I asked Royal Caribbean PR and they said no changes to Cats.

That’s good news for anyone booking other Oasis class ships knowing it won’t be swapped, I was dreading it been swapped to Allure next year 😂 phew 

10 hours ago, CGTLH said:

After some more analysis of the current On-Air I can visualize a 180 spin. What had been throwing me off was the DJ booth where an exit route to the embarkation deck for the lifeboats. Looking and visualizing a hallway behind or to the side of the DJ booth would work. In fact the rendering almost gives that view.

They also specifically mentioned Boleros as one of the venues they will be keeping! 

alongside existing fun spots such as Boleros, Schooner Bar, Blaze Nightclub & Comedy and English pub Atlas & Globe.

Plus with on-air already being a "sports and karaoke bar" it makes sense to turn it into dedicated karaoke since Playmaker's will be dedicated sports

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

Based on that graphic, is the Escape Room replacing the Card Room?  No big loss there.

I think you're right on the Escape Room replacing the Card Room. 

On Symphony and Harmony the Escape room is near Adventure Ocean, but the only thing aft on deck 14 is the Card Room. 

18 minutes ago, gregorykicks said:

They also specifically mentioned Boleros as one of the venues they will be keeping! 

With the relocation of the Diamond Lounge to 4 and the "blank space" on 11 and 12 where it use to be. My thought had been they would move it to that vacant space. That would also expand Boleros giving it a larger foot print.

Wild card is still what will go in that Diamond Lounge space. Seeing how Wonderland was not mentioned going in.

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

With the relocation of the Diamond Lounge to 4 and the "blank space" on 11 and 12 where it use to be. My thought had been they would move it to that vacant space. That would also expand Boleros giving it a larger foot print.

Wild card is still what will go in that Diamond Lounge space. Seeing how Wonderland was not mentioned going in.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't put Wonderland there or mention something else for that space. 

54 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

The Diamond Lounge is moving to the 4th deck...have not heard that mentioned. That space must be where the new teen area is being located. Actually, looks like where Porkside BBQ is located vs being Wonderland.

2 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

The Diamond Lounge is moving to the 4th deck...have not heard that mentioned. That space must be where the new teen area is being located.

Don't think it would become the Teen's area, it has no outdoor area. The outdoor area was one thing mentioned in the release information.

Since diamond lounge is moving down to Deck 4 (to replace comedy live) my thought is that the teen club will use the two level space where it was before since there is no space for it with the addition of the BBQ restaurant

14 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

Cats = 3 hours of free time for something else! Anything. 

Cats staying on the ship has to be the most disappointing aspect to the Amped news.  I won't be wasting my time dealing with it that's for sure.

16 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm still hoping they will change their minds.

I don't sail until the end of 2020 so there is still time for me.  But, yes changing sooner than later would be the best news.  Until its changed to something everyone else does like very much hahahaha!

24 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I've seen the Broadway and London versions and Royal's version, by far, fell flat.

I've only seen the touring version many years ago, which is the only thing I have to compare it to, so maybe my expectations were lower.  In any event, I saw it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. 

On 6/1/2019 at 3:10 PM, MrMarc said:

From the comments, I really may be.  😵

I will admit liking it also. I do understand the criticism and am thankful that someone told me to read up on the story as it is hard to follow what is going on. 

Maybe more on topic is that I am amazed that it is staying for another drydock cycle.  I shared last September that the stage manager on the back stage tour said that he was given word that a brand new mixing board was being installed which is a sign of a new production. He also shared that the current agreement with Cats allows for a finite number of cast cycles.  Well, renegotiation won the day.