? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

On 12/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, cruiselife said:

Way late on this thread but here are my guesses. In past refurbishments it seems like they usually add the most popular venues from existing ships and then mix it up on a few new features to see if they'll work on future new builds. I have some that I think will actually happen and then a few that I think would be interesting, although unlikely. I don't know whose job it is to come up with these ideas, but they have an awesome job.

What I think will actually happen:

• Bamboo Room in place of the Bionic Bar.
  • Playmaker's in place of Sabor. It just seems to work better with the Boardwalk vibe.
  • El Loco Fresh in place of Wipeout Cafe.
  • Updated resort style pool areas similar to what Navigator is getting.
  • Water slides.
  • Blow Dry Bar. I think experiences similar to this will be replacing a lot of retail shops as they are emphasizing experience based venues.
  • Laser Tag
  • Additional suites-only areas to compete with other lines in the industry. Not sure what exactly that would entail, but I expect it to happen.

Bold/Unlikely predictions I would like to see:

• I definitely want a Playmaker's, but would love it if they would replace Johnny Rockets with it instead of Sabor. Don't want to lose those margaritas.
  • I do enjoy the ice-skating shows, but I could see them getting rid of the ice skating rink since they have it on so many ships. Would love to see what other innovations they could come up with in such large space. Perhaps an entertainment venue with technology similar to 270 on the Quantum class that could compliment the main theater with unique shows.
  • Move the Flowriders, sports court, and putt-putt areas and build new resort style pools in the aft. Maybe with a swim up bar like you see at a lot of resorts or something innovative like that. Perhaps a pool with a clear edge like in the Solarium on Symphony that overlooks the Boardwalk. This fits in the highly unlikely category due to logistics, but let me dream. I would love to see Royal add some aft pools in their fleet. It is hard to beat the views and relaxation you get from there with the wake.
  • I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of the sports court and putt-putt areas and found a new activity for all that space. Those activities seem a little outdated to me at this point. They could put the Flowriders where one of the existing pools are now and use the other side for some really different water slides similar to what they're putting on Navigator. 

I don't think they will get rid of the sports court but could totally see them getting rid of the ice rink eventually.  I worry that if they put in aft pools, they will turn into suite only access.  I wish allure already had a playmakers... It sounds like an amazing meet up and hang out place!  Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! I guess I’ve been away from the forum too long! ?

It’s sailing out of Cape Liberty from May-Oct 2020 after the dry dock... Port Canaveral, Perfect Day & Nassau... We may have to take advantage while it’s in NY/NJ!

We’ve sailed Explorer & Liberty out of Cape Liberty (not Anthem yet)... Oasis would be crazy passing through NY Harbor and passing under the Verrazano Bridge!

33F217D4-CB1E-401C-AD8F-3BA407E34D12.png

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, MIkew0805 said:

I would not like seeing the ice rink replaced. I love those shows, even iSkate. 

However, I would like a new broadway style show. CATS has to go!! 

They can move "Cats!" to Symphony so that I can see it next February #itsallaboutme #theladygriddlebone

• 2 weeks later...

I am sailing on Oasis Dec 2020.  I have been checking out all the info I can on it.  I will have more to check out after the dry dock.  Playmakers wouldn't take the place of the Pub would it?  I believe Oasis has the Globe and Atlas correct?  MY friend was on the Allure and loved the Pub on that ship so I am looking forward to comparing notes with him when I get back from the cruise.

23 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

I am sailing on Oasis Dec 2020.  I have been checking out all the info I can on it.  I will have more to check out after the dry dock.  Playmakers wouldn't take the place of the Pub would it?  I believe Oasis has the Globe and Atlas correct?  MY friend was on the Allure and loved the Pub on that ship so I am looking forward to comparing notes with him when I get back from the cruise.

In the ships where they've added Playmakers (Mariner/Navigator) they have not removed the Pub.

11 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

In the ships where they've added Playmakers (Mariner/Navigator) they have not removed the Pub.

11 hours ago, DublinFC said:

thats great to know thanks!

If you read @twangster's latest live blog on the AMPED Navigator, he did observe that when Playmakers is open, the Schooner bar is much less crowded unless the live musician is there and performing. So having both on the same ship does seem to have had a bit of a "dampening" effect on the Schooner Bar's appeal.

Might just be because Playmakers is the new shiny, and over time the two will get more of an even balance as people try it out and decide the "old" pub is more their style. Will have to wait and see.

Case of the Oasis class I don't think Playmakers will have a huge impact to the Pub. They are in two completely different locations. Over Thanksgiving I saw Playmakers shutting down well before the Pub. Once or twice I wanted to do a snack run 30 mins before they closed per the Compass only to find it already closed. TVs outside were on but the bar had been already shutdown and locked up.

Now during game time they did some smart things by having those rolling cooler carts setup outside.

Now with the Voyage class setup with two bars setup right across from each other. I'm sure that impact is huge.

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Case of the Oasis class I don't think Playmakers will have a huge impact to the Pub. They are in two completely different locations. Over Thanksgiving I saw Playmakers shutting down well before the Pub. Once or twice I wanted to do a snack run 30 mins before they closed per the Compass only to find it already closed. TVs outside were on but the bar had been already shutdown and locked up.

Now during game time they did some smart things by having those rolling cooler carts setup outside.

Now with the Voyage class setup with two bars setup right across from each other. I'm sure that impact is huge.

Having more options is always a good thing.  I am hoping to have a drink in every bar/pub available.  Then decide where my watering hole is going to be for the last couple days on board ?

Hello Everyone! I just joined and this if my first post. I just cruised on the Oasis February 24/19 and booked again for Dec 8/19. The agent that helped me on board seemed pretty sure they were going to be putting a slide on the Oasis when they dry docked but that's all we talked about. When I asked at guest services for more details they said the "details were all very secret" for now. So who knows??? I'm just hoping everything is actually completed for our cruise and up and running.

1 hour ago, bren3jet said:

Hello Everyone! I just joined and this if my first post. I just cruised on the Oasis February 24/19 and booked again for Dec 8/19. The agent that helped me on board seemed pretty sure they were going to be putting a slide on the Oasis when they dry docked but that's all we talked about. When I asked at guest services for more details they said the "details were all very secret" for now. So who knows??? I'm just hoping everything is actually completed for our cruise and up and running.

It's just rumors, speculation and wishful thinking at this point. Until Royal Caribbean confirms it, we can only guess. There are probably a few features that can reasonably be expected to be added based on other ships.

2 hours ago, bren3jet said:

I was on the same sailing!  The server in the Rising Tide Bar told me that the Bionic Bar was replacing the Champaign Bar and a bartender at Sabor Bar told me that Playmakers was coming as well as The Ultimate Abyss.  They both seemed very sure of what they were saying, but of course until RCCL releases the info you can't know for sure.  One other employee told me they were supposed to be getting Wonderland, but that was now cancelled.  We'll find out soon enough!

5 hours ago, bren3jet said:

I hope they add water slides. I’m waiting to book 2020 until I find out. 

• 2 weeks later...