? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

19 hours ago, twangster said:

Well, I booked Oasis for 11/24/19, one of the first sailings after she returns to Miami from Europe.  So far the transatlantic westbound is not supposed to have guests and it's rumored will be used to complete finishing touches.

This might be one of the first cruises post-AMPED.  

That's the same info i got and not one sole will say what all Oasis is getting done during dry dock.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, twangster said:

Well, I booked Oasis for 11/24/19, one of the first sailings after she returns to Miami from Europe.  So far the transatlantic westbound is not supposed to have guests and it's rumored will be used to complete finishing touches.

This might be one of the first cruises post-AMPED.  

Well They Said That When The Mariner Came Out  Of Dry Dock And It Had Some "Guest" On It. Well The "Guest" On That Were Hand Picked By Royal For The Transatlantic. They Had Top

YouTube People And The Sailing Were Open For Royal Worker That Contract Was Over. Hey Twangster Royal Might Pick You For There V.I.P Transatlantic ? 

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

UPDATE:

I just talked to the next cruise desk and luckily got the Sr. TA,  She explained as to why no TA back to the states with pax is because they don't now the exact completion date. Once that is confirmed then the sailing date will be released.  

If they follow the trend from the past year, they also use that TA back to the US to complete work.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If they follow the trend from the past year, they also use that TA back to the US to complete work.

She said they would have pax onboard sailing back on the TA, there just waiting for a fixed completion date before releasing the schedule.  Only time will tell?

43 minutes ago, mworkman said:

She said they would have pax onboard sailing back on the TA, there just waiting for a fixed completion date before releasing the schedule.  Only time will tell?

That's odd.  The facilities used for this purpose are booked out for years.  They know the date they must be out of there.  Maybe they are hoping to finish early. 

Given the logistics of ordering and having material arrive on site just before it's needed and coordinating the labor resources required these projects are usually timed to the hour.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

That's odd.  The facilities used for this purpose are booked out for years.  They know the date they must be out of there.  Maybe they are hoping to finish early. 

Given the logistics of ordering and having material arrive on site just before it's needed and coordinating the labor resources required these projects are usually timed to the hour.  

That's what i thought...Who knows...i guess if you ask enough NextCruise TA's you'll have numerous different responses. ? 

39 minutes ago, mworkman said:

That's what i thought...Who knows...i guess if you ask enough NextCruise TA's you'll have numerous different responses. ? 

The other factor is the amount of time to market the cruise.  Transatlantic sailings are often cheaper cruises to begin with, few people can take 2 weeks off and pay for a flight to Europe for mostly sea day after sea day after sea day - hardly a compelling itinerary.

Normally they want to market any given sailing for as long as they can.  Selling an early November transatlantic is tough enough, doing it with 9 months until final payment is due is making their job of filling the ship that much tougher and that's assuming they announce it within a month.   

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, twangster said:

I don't mind sailing a run down ship if I'm paying a run down ship price.  Enchantment isn't priced that way but should be.  Empress is in much better shape yet a JS on Empress is cheaper than a JS on Enchantment.  Enchantment would make a fine artificial reef somewhere.  

1.  I Agree With @twangster About How Over Priced The Enchantment Is I Was Looking At The Nov. 30 Sailing And For A JS On The Enchantment The Wanted $2,000 For Two People And On A JS On The Mariner They Wanted $1,000 For Two People. Royal I Will Pay More For The Mariner For A JS But To Change More For Enchantment Come On Royal The Mariner Is Twice As Nice And Better In Shape.

2. Also Agree With @twangster Enchantment Will Make A Great  Reef At Coco Cay   

Where would they put a Sky Pad if they added one?  The aft already holds 2 Flowrider.  Our kids loved it on Mariner but isn't it good to keep certain features in certain ships?  Otherwise they will all be similar.

I can see them adding the slides.  Lots of different opinions on Abyss vs not +for Boardwalk view)

4 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Where would they put a Sky Pad if they added one?  The aft already holds 2 Flowrider.  Our kids loved it on Mariner but isn't it good to keep certain features in certain ships?  Otherwise they will all be similar.

I can see them adding the slides.  Lots of different opinions on Abyss vs not +for Boardwalk view)

Yes They Have No Place To Put Skypad  And Slides Are Not A Problem To Install 

32 minutes ago, twangster said:

Before Harmony people thought there was no place for water slides on Oasis.  When they were announced on Harmony suite guests feared they would lose parts of the suite sun deck.  

They are very creative at finding ways to make something fit.  Never say never.   

If So I Think The Sports Court Because It Is Barely Used  

4 hours ago, Susie said:

I do want the slides somewhere on the ship but not necessary to be the Abyss. Skypad not really care about it. I wish I know what they will revamp on the ship and when it will finish so I can plan to book my cruise.

If I were you I would book it before they officially announce the revitalization details.  I booked Oasis for 2020 back in February and it was a good price.  If they follow suit with the other ships that have undergone revitalization (Mariner and Indy), the price went up considerably after it was announced.  You could always book a refundable and and cancel if you change your mind.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If I were you I would book it before they officially announce the revitalization details.  I booked Oasis for 2020 back in February and it was a good price.  If they follow suit with the other ships that have undergone revitalization (Mariner and Indy), the price went up considerably after it was announced.  You could always book a refundable and and cancel if you change your mind.

Thank you. I look at the RCL website and look like scheduled to dry dock on October. I will be on Anthem OTC during Black Friday so might book while I onboard for next year. 

48 minutes ago, Susie said:

Thank you. I look at the RCL website and look like scheduled to dry dock on October. I will be on Anthem OTC during Black Friday so might book while I onboard for next year. 

Yes.  I think I read somewhere it would be about a 6 week dry dock starting in November.  @twangster would know because he's booked after dry dock.

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes.  I think I read somewhere it would be about a 6 week dry dock starting in November.  @twangster would know because he's booked after dry dock.

I look online and just pick only Oasis for 2019 - Apr 2020. I saw the Oct is no sailing to part of Nov so I think the dry dock starting in Oct then end in Nov.   

1 hour ago, Susie said:

@Lovetocruise2002 now just hope there is a good sale coming up for Black Friday.

I wouldn't count on it. Cruise planner sale maybe. Cruise fare, doubtful. I personally think the best sales are KSF (if you have kids under 12) followed by BOGO60 or 30% off WOW sale. Those usually net the biggest savings (for me anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Twangster Fan said:

Look What I Found On The Oasis Maybe A Hint 

GOPR4018.thumb.JPG.e4075b030670645a1bca51855319ca6d.JPG

That has been there for a while.  Both on the ship and on their online deck plans (before spring re-categorization).  I remember someone posted a while back that some of the elevator signs even had Wonderland there.  I remember a few years ago, when Oasis had her first dry dock, they thought they were putting in Wonderland but then abandoned that plan.  That is where those signs come from.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, Twangster Fan said:

Also The Flowrider Must Be Fixed. Just Got Off The Oasis And One Day Both Of The Flowrider Broke For One Hour And I Was Talking To Some One From The Sports Staff And He Said They Break Every Other Voyage      

Agree It Must Be Fixed 

• 1 month later...

Way late on this thread but here are my guesses. In past refurbishments it seems like they usually add the most popular venues from existing ships and then mix it up on a few new features to see if they'll work on future new builds. I have some that I think will actually happen and then a few that I think would be interesting, although unlikely. I don't know whose job it is to come up with these ideas, but they have an awesome job.

What I think will actually happen:

• Bamboo Room in place of the Bionic Bar.
  • Playmaker's in place of Sabor. It just seems to work better with the Boardwalk vibe.
  • El Loco Fresh in place of Wipeout Cafe.
  • Updated resort style pool areas similar to what Navigator is getting.
  • Water slides.
  • Blow Dry Bar. I think experiences similar to this will be replacing a lot of retail shops as they are emphasizing experience based venues.
  • Laser Tag
  • Additional suites-only areas to compete with other lines in the industry. Not sure what exactly that would entail, but I expect it to happen.

Bold/Unlikely predictions I would like to see:

• I definitely want a Playmaker's, but would love it if they would replace Johnny Rockets with it instead of Sabor. Don't want to lose those margaritas.
  • I do enjoy the ice-skating shows, but I could see them getting rid of the ice skating rink since they have it on so many ships. Would love to see what other innovations they could come up with in such large space. Perhaps an entertainment venue with technology similar to 270 on the Quantum class that could compliment the main theater with unique shows.
  • Move the Flowriders, sports court, and putt-putt areas and build new resort style pools in the aft. Maybe with a swim up bar like you see at a lot of resorts or something innovative like that. Perhaps a pool with a clear edge like in the Solarium on Symphony that overlooks the Boardwalk. This fits in the highly unlikely category due to logistics, but let me dream. I would love to see Royal add some aft pools in their fleet. It is hard to beat the views and relaxation you get from there with the wake.
  • I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of the sports court and putt-putt areas and found a new activity for all that space. Those activities seem a little outdated to me at this point. They could put the Flowriders where one of the existing pools are now and use the other side for some really different water slides similar to what they're putting on Navigator. 

I seen this on that other site and had a chuckle out of it.  Enjoy ?

For immediate release.

DEAR VALUED GUEST,

As part of our ongoing mission to provide you with the best entertainment on the high seas we are pleased to announce the following change to your entertainment lineup.

The Broadway show a Cats has been replaced with our new in house production show featuring all new stars every week.

Come immerse yourselves as we feature a Battle Royale of epic proportions as we pit our pinnacle guests against our suite guests in the battle for control over the suite lounge.

• 3 weeks later...