? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

By FlowBro Ty

Hi All Want To Get Every One's Idea What The Oasis Class Will Get During Dry Dock.

2036223229_shipremote.JPG.a5a806d19c314cb6e3fdf6cdd8169237.JPG

Here's What I Think.

Laser Tag At Studio B

Playmaker's  

A Upgraded Mini Golf

Jamie Italian

Here I Want To Join The Ship. 

The Ultimate Abess Slide 

The Prefect Storm Slides 

Let Me Know What You Guess What The Oasis Will Get.

Thanks 

I think it will be pretty much the same a symphony but I do think the playmakers is too big on symphony and could still have a smaller Sabor at one end. my suggestion would be to have Sabor one end of the boardwalk on the port side of the ship  and playmakers nearer the aqua theatre.

14 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

I think it will be pretty much the same a symphony but I do think the playmakers is too big on symphony and could still have a smaller Sabor at one end. my suggestion would be to have Sabor one end of the boardwalk on the port side of the ship  and playmakers nearer the aqua theatre.

I Hope It Gets The Sides That The Harmony Has

Adding slides and Skypad to Mariner was a lot of work but they did it.

Demolishing a bar is easy.  That won't stop them.  I suspect it's a matter of weight balance and budget balance.  Water slides would be a bigger bang for the buck but could be more costly and heavier.  

It's anyone's guess.  They might just change a few minor things, add a Playmakers Sports Bar.  Laser tag is easy, it's inflatable in Studio B. Escape Room would be easy.  Convert Solarium Bistro to Hooked.  Some of those changes generate new revenue.    

Just now, twangster said:

Adding slides and Skypad to Mariner was a lot of work but they did it.

Demolishing a bar is easy.  That won't stop them.  I suspect it's a matter of weight balance and budget balance.  Water slides would be a bigger bang for the buck but could be more costly and heavier.  

It's anyone's guess.  They might just change a few minor things, add a Playmakers Sports Bar.  Laser tag is easy, it's inflatable in Studio B. Escape Room would be easy.  Convert Solarium Bistro to Hooked.  Some of those changes generate new revenue.    

Twangster Royal Should Hire You As A PR Spokespersons

Thanks 

It's a 45 day dry dock so I am leaning to a lot of changes. The Sky Pad seems to be a signature "look" of the amplification so I expect that to be on the sports deck. Probably where the mini golf is located. (Golf gets moved often.) 

Also, as I mentioned on another thread, I believe Cats has used up all if it's nine lives and a new show will be installed. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1349/royal-caribbean-to-invest-900-million-in-modernizing-award-winning-ships/

A Look Ahead at Royal Amplified

• Freedom Class  Independence of the Seas will be the first ship in the Royal Amplified program to reveal multimillion-dollar upgrades, including Sky Pad, Battle for Planet Z, a glow-in-the-dark laser tag experience; The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides and a new Escape Room: The Observatorium challenge, where competitors can solve a series of high-tech riddles to unravel a mystery. Not to mention the addition of new dining venues, from Fish and Ships – a seaside seafood spot with freshly battered fish and chips and other guest favorites – to Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, Izumi Hibachi and Sushi and Sugar Beach. Independence will offer 3- to 14-night sailings from Southampton, England beginning in May 2018, before she heads across the pond in Nov. 2018 to sail from Ft. Lauderdale, FL on 4- to 5-night Caribbean cruises. Freedom of the Seas will be up next, debuting new features in 2020, followed by Liberty of the Seas in 2021.
  • Voyager Class – In summer 2018, the transformation of Royal Caribbean’s short Caribbean cruises will begin with the $90 million amp-up of Mariner of the Seas. Mariner will redefine the quick getaway by giving guests the chance to take their weekends to new heights with the addition of new thrills, such as Sky Pad and laser tag; The Bamboo Room, a retro lounge with its tiki-chic décor; and the fun and vibrant Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade. The program will continue in 2019 on sister ship Navigator of the Seas, which also will be redesigned to specifically cater to those who seek a quick getaway.
  • Oasis Class  Oasis of the Seas will be completely reimagined in fall 2019, ten years after her revolutionary debut. The ship will gain new thrills, pools, bars and culinary creations, as well as introduce new restaurants and onboard adventures found on the newest Oasis Class ship, Symphony of the Seas. These enhancements will cascade to Allure of the Seas in spring 2020, making every ship in the class more adventurous than ever.

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Will they be redoing all the staterooms as well? Have you heard anything about that?

I sure hope so, but look what happened with Mariner and Indy.  Both ships went through revitalization and no real stateroom upgrades.

41 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I will be on her 2020. Just wished it so.

Same!  Too bad you and @Boston Babe and I all couldn't sail the same sailing! 

If you take a look at this blog post by @Matt from a few months ago, it gives you a rough idea of what to expect for each class of ship.  No real details, I've looked (all over the place) too since I'm sailing her after dry dock in March 2020.  It doesn't look like she will get a Sky Pad as those seem to be reserved for Freedom and Voyager class ships.  But again, nothing has been confirmed by Royal yet.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/04/30/royal-caribbean-releases-royal-amplified-fleet-upgrade-schedule

6 hours ago, Irieman said:

It's a 45 day dry dock so I am leaning to a lot of changes. The Sky Pad seems to be a signature "look" of the amplification so I expect that to be on the sports deck. Probably where the mini golf is located. (Golf gets moved often.)  

I Think No Skypad Due To The Number Of People On The Ship. But If They Do They Would Have To Have Eight Trampoline's To Make The Line Short 

17 minutes ago, FlowBro Ty said:

I Think No Skypad Due To The Number Of People On The Ship. But If They Do They Would Have To Have Eight Trampoline's To Make The Line Short 

Royal has a solution for long lines...  sell tickets.

Don't laugh, the CEO of the company suggested it was a possibility to manage crowds on Indy when she was getting AMPED.

Just now, Boston Babe said:

We have to get @Lovetocruise2002 to come our NE/CA sailing! LOL, but I think she's holding out for GC!

I'm already on 2 cruises that month!!  Anthem GC July 4th and Symphony July 27.  No clue how I'm even going to swing that!  And you want me to squeeze July 20th?! ?

23 hours ago, FlowBro Ty said:

I Also Heard That  The Oasis Will  Get A Redo Of The Shore X Desk Like On The Mariner 

Very likely.  Quantum class and Harmony has had these for years. Now Mariner. 

Self help excursions with one or two employees to float around and assist compared to a queue like at guest services.  Makes a lot of sense.    

Mariner's new Shore Excursion area:

Mariner ShoreX-1.jpg

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Glad to have you back !

I never left.  I did drop 10 cruises with Royal but Royal still has a great product, I've said that before.  I do plan to spread my money better going forward, Carnival Horizon and Vista - gotta love decent beer at sea and moves me one away from platinum.  I have some CUCs left over so Sky to Cuba - at least their old product is cheap with free booze. 

I don't mind sailing a run down ship if I'm paying a run down ship price.  Enchantment isn't priced that way but should be.  Empress is in much better shape yet a JS on Empress is cheaper than a JS on Enchantment.  Enchantment would make a fine artificial reef somewhere.  

Bliss is calling my name (go-karts at sea) and it's easier and cheaper to hit the West coast from home. 

Oasis fresh off a refurb at 60% the cost of Symphony is hard to pass up.