? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

I saw on Facebook that she's been floated off.  That indicates to me that the majority of the heavy work is completed.  I would have loved to spend so time running around that dry dock.  It's orders of magnitude larger than the ones we have where I work.  The crane system alone is amazing.

It's pretty close to first sailing in November.  I hope they make it...although I'll be willing to bet they'll make it even if they have to put off some items to a later availability.  

Mike

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

If they’re doing all that, I hope they also added a wall between the living room and bedroom in the Grand Suite 1 Bedrooms like they are on Harmony and Symphony so each side can have their own tv instead of the one hanging on the wall between where the curtain closes.  I guess I will find out on the 24th.

I highly doubt that they would make any structural changes to the cabins.  I would be happy if they updated the furniture and decor.  Also, there are many people out there who love that Oasis and Allure don't have the wall.  When Harmony came out, many complained that the wall in the GS made the room see a lot smaller.

3 hours ago, MicroBeta said:

I saw on Facebook that she's been floated off.  That indicates to me that the majority of the heavy work is completed.  I would have loved to spend so time running around that dry dock.  It's orders of magnitude larger than the ones we have where I work.  The crane system alone is amazing.

It's pretty close to first sailing in November.  I hope they make it...although I'll be willing to bet they'll make it even if they have to put off some items to a later availability.  

Mike

I saw it on cruise critic.. Where exactly on facebook did you see she is leaving today? This is good news I am just curious where I can find it. 

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

I saw it on cruise critic.. Where exactly on facebook did you see she is leaving today? This is good news I am just curious where I can find it. 

I didn't say she left today although, someone up thread did.  At work when we take a vessel out of dry dock we call it floating off. ?

However, I haven't seen anything saying Oasis is underway.

EDIT: I just checked a ship tracker and the Oasis is currently moored.

Mike

37 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

OMG they have those horrific metal chairs !  They’re horrible. My fanny does not them and Greg are SO uncomfortable.  Looks like delivery only for us !

Also not a fan of them.  This may not be accidental.  Generate faster turnover.

Portside BBQ: Eat yo' meat, then get out yo' seat.  

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Coast Guard inspection and the employee shakedown/dry run cruise is leaving from there on Thursday.

Plus Terminal A in Miami is being used on Friday (Navigator) and Saturday (Symphony) so Oasis can't just sit there until then.

They’ll be passengers on the “dry run” cruise?  

Miami is tidal.  Oasis class can only arrive or depart nearer high tide during certain periods of extreme tidal swings (super or king tides).  That can make scheduling challenges.  Port Everglades is not tidal to the extent it impacts ship movements.  It's an easier port for Oasis class to operate from.  They can come and go whenever.  

For a few days of non-standard operations where the guest terminal experience doesn't matter Port Everglades is a logical choice.