? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Can you imagine the poor Genie who has 1 of these rooms and one of the ATS suites too ?  They will walk 100 miles a day !

Well, in another group, I had mentioned that now there will be 13 star class suites on Oasis and likely Allure. That means that each genie will have to take 4 cabins and one will have to take 5.  Hopefully they add another genie or I am not sure how that might affect the experience. 

I took those screenshots from my March 15 sailing. Another person also noted that they were showing as available on her April 2020 sailing.

So I just checked and they are now showing up for my 11-1 sailing as well.  They must have added them in the last couple of hours. They were not there earlier this afternoon.

I cannot find a “tour” of these rooms or even a full description of the sizes or room amenities.  Not sure I would want to be that isolated from the rest of the suite amenities (CK/SL). They seem a bit pricey but then again, they are new so I’m sure they’ll be pricey for a while until people realize how far away they are from everything. This also happened with the ATS which were very popular until people realized they were a brazilian miles from anywhere.  Then those prices came down. They are now usually the least expensive SC on the O class.  My guess is that the same will happen with the UP as well.  I just realized that there are only 2 of them. I thought all of the new rooms on the front were UP.

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So I just checked and they are now showing up for my 11-1 sailing as well.  They must have added them in the last couple of hours. They were not there earlier this afternoon.

I cannot find a “tour” of these rooms or even a full description of the sizes or room amenities.  Not sure I would want to be that isolated from the rest of the suite amenities (CK/SL). They seem a bit pricey but then again, they are new so I’m sure they’ll be pricey for a while until people realize how far away they are from everything. This also happened with the ATS which were very popular until people realized they were a brazilian miles from anywhere.  Then those prices came down. They are now usually the least expensive SC on the O class.  My guess is that the same will happen with the UP as well.  I just realized that there are only 2 of them. I thought all of the new rooms on the front were UP.

From @CGTLH

A94F2A5B-F7BB-4138-BADC-70EBBEBB5852.thumb.jpeg.8b96bd2fece5bf7cc9e1ec7763ffe21e.jpeg

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Is this in any way lower-priced relative to the Star Class suites that have a balcony?? I don't care if it gets you the genie and all other Star Class perks, that's an insane amount of money to pay for a cabin that's one floor and lacks a balcony, especially if the point of those suites is to spend most of your time in them. If I'm staying in the suite all the time, then I darned well want a balcony to enjoy breakfast on, watch the sunrise / sunset from, and use for reading or otherwise relaxing in the fresh air and sunshine.

15 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Is this in any way lower-priced relative to the Star Class suites that have a balcony?? I don't care if it gets you the genie and all other Star Class perks, that's an insane amount of money to pay for a cabin that's one floor and lacks a balcony, especially if the point of those suites is to spend most of your time in them. If I'm staying in the suite all the time, then I darned well want a balcony to enjoy breakfast on, watch the sunrise / sunset from, and use for reading or otherwise relaxing in the fresh air and sunshine.

Actually, quite the opposite. It seems to be priced closer to the suites on Deck 17 (Star Loft, and Grand Panoramic).  The ATS are seem to be lower in price at the moment.  I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that price as well seeing that there is no balcony, and only one full bath.

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I read on CC that they may be getting RFID stateroom door access.  I find it difficult to believe that they are replacing every cabin door and integrating the technology needed but I have no way to prove or disprove this until I step onto the ship in 33 days.

Check out photo 50:  https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Impresionantes-imagenes-transformacion-astillero-Oasis_3_1405089485.html#slide-50

I don't see where you would "insert" a card on those door handles..so maybe the rumor IS true!

Not only is there no balcony, but there is no dining table at all and there is absolutely no view from the sitting/living room area.  Combine this with the fact that is hell and gone from any of the other suite amenities and I say the price is going to come down on these SOON !

Maybe that little penninsula-thing in the living room is supposed to be some kind of dining space but I only see 1 chair !  Is that a second closet bathroom right at the front door ? The final straw - no bidet !

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not only is there no balcony, but there is no dining table at all and there is absolutely no view from the sitting/living room area.  Combine this with the fact that is hell and gone from any of the other suite amenities and I say the price is going to come down on these SOON !

Maybe that little penninsula-thing in the living room is supposed to be some kind of dining space but I only see 1 chair !  Is that a second closet bathroom right at the front door ? The final straw - no bidet !

Yes..looks like there's a half bath there.  While I think this room would be amazing for a cold weather cruise, it's not really a cold weather ship.  But just imagine laying in bed in Alaska in that room and staring out the windows.

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

While I think this room would be amazing for a cold weather cruise, it's not really a cold weather ship.  But just imagine laying in bed in Alaska in that room and staring out the windows.

That's kind of what I was thinking, that a room like this makes a ton more sense on a Q class ship that does cold weather itineraries. On an O class it just doesn't make any real sense to me.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Check out photo 50:  https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Impresionantes-imagenes-transformacion-astillero-Oasis_3_1405089485.html#slide-50

I don't see where you would "insert" a card on those door handles..so maybe the rumor IS true!

I think this photo confirms that they have upgraded the door locks to RFID 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/2019/10/29/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Obras-buque-Oasis-of-the_1405069905_111901745_1011x569.jpg

17 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I think this photo confirms that they have upgraded the door locks to RFID 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/2019/10/29/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Obras-buque-Oasis-of-the_1405069905_111901745_1011x569.jpg

Hopefully this means the WOW bands will be able to be used.  Also, has anyone heard is the BBQ place going to be free, or is there an additional charge for that? 

As far as the doors go, I highly doubt they would have to replace the whole door just to install a different type of lock activation mechanism. It is already electronic. The only difference is the method of activation of the lock. The only difference would be inserting a card vs holding an rfid chip close enough to it to activate it. Tons of hotels have retrofitted this kind of system onto existing doors. Also, I don't see any other reason for that picture than to show the new mechanism. And the cabins in the picture are VERY close to the one we booked on deck 11. I asked about this months ago on this forum and even had my TA check on it with RC but no clear answer. I hope this will mean we also can get the WOW bands if in fact this is what it appears to be! VERY exciting!

22 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Hopefully this means the WOW bands will be able to be used.  Also, has anyone heard is the BBQ place going to be free, or is there an additional charge for that? 

please please please please please please please have the WOW bands.  Used similar tech when we stayed at Disney and it just made everything they were able to be used for so much easier.  That's what I want on vacation.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, twangster said:

From the drone video above it appears Oasis will retain a public deck above those new suites in from of the Solarium.

IMG_0414.jpg.664c3a55466f052014907feec678a6ba.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg.448f42a0e58dc94169866da44116f182.jpg

I've been wondering how this new area would end up.  

This completely destroys the view from the Solarium....   

24 minutes ago, VinceC said:

This completely destroys the view from the Solarium....   

Can't please everyone. 

People on Harmony and Symphony complain those ships lack the broad forward outer decks that Oasis and Allure have in front of the Solarium.  At sail away those two little bridge wings on Harmony and Symphony are packed.  

This retains the forward outer decks that span the width of the ship which I prefer.

32 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

please please please please please please please have the WOW bands.  Used similar tech when we stayed at Disney and it just made everything they were able to be used for so much easier.  That's what I want on vacation.

agree 100%...we are big disney fans and have been saying for years that they need something similar to the disney magic band system on cruises. fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, VinceC said:

Do you always get all of these benefits with a STAR CLASS CABIN?

That a value of Drink and Internet $500-600, Dining on sale $200, Gratuities $100, that is about $700-800 value without the additional extras.

What is ROYAL REPLENISH PACKAGE?

Yes.  Replenish is the Refreshment package.  

9 hours ago, VinceC said:

Do you always get all of these benefits with a STAR CLASS CABIN?

That a value of Drink and Internet $500-600, Dining on sale $200, Gratuities $100, that is about $700-800 value without the additional extras.

What is ROYAL REPLENISH PACKAGE?

You also get free laundry, chefs table, Starbucks drinks, tours, some of the special classes such as sushi making or cupcake decorating..all of which usually come with a cost.

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Here’s an article posted on 10/30 from somebody who was onboard looking over the work they’re doing:

It’stitled:   “Just Back from the Newly Refurbished Oasis of the Seas: Still at the Top of its Game?”

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4705/

Very nice article...unfortunately, it says nothing about being on schedule

On 11/7/2019 at 2:54 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Definitely looks promising for WOW bands on Oasis!

870004005_Screenshot_20191107-144447_Royal1.thumb.jpg.df087db6b667e4fa293c4edcaf5e4f30.jpg

1852045700_Screenshot_20191107-144658_Royal1.thumb.jpg.4bddd2c35cfa5be727b3b8ac90a23e2b.jpg

2113642194_Screenshot_20191107-144735_Royal1.thumb.jpg.d34fac31474caa23deaa981c7d8013b9.jpg

After installing the digital key, the home screen of the Royal Caribbean app adds a door icon.

In addition, the bed icon also allows guests to control the stateroom television from the app.

app-work-tv.jpg?itok=acmdjrxH

from a previous post

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/29/royal-caribbean-app-allows-guests-open-stateroom-door-spectrum-of-the-seas

1 hour ago, VinceC said:

After installing the digital key, the home screen of the Royal Caribbean app adds a door icon.

In addition, the bed icon also allows guests to control the stateroom television from the app.

app-work-tv.jpg?itok=acmdjrxH

from a previous post

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/29/royal-caribbean-app-allows-guests-open-stateroom-door-spectrum-of-the-seas

If they’re doing all that, I hope they also added a wall between the living room and bedroom in the Grand Suite 1 Bedrooms like they are on Harmony and Symphony so each side can have their own tv instead of the one hanging on the wall between where the curtain closes.  I guess I will find out on the 24th.