? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

I am on with my wife, son and daughter-in-law on March 8, 2020...Almost down to four months to go. I am in a Junior Suite on the 12th floor; the first for that level of room and first time on a Oasis class ship so it should be lots of fun.

Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico.

I was stationed in Port au Prince, Haiti while in the Army in 1997. A long time ago and a different situation all together. This time should be more relaxing then the first trip :2_grimacing:.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's very interesting.  Wonder why they are waiting until May 2021 ?  Won't they be ready when she comes out of dry dock ?

25 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Supposed to be Star Class starting May 2021.  

Wow! I am surprised! They are smaller than most star suites and that means that there will now be two extra. Unless something is going to go....

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's very interesting.  Wonder why they are waiting until May 2021 ?  Won't they be ready when she comes out of dry dock ?

My hunch, that way the price can be increased for the next booking cycle.

Never tracked prices, so no clue how pricing changed on the Ocean View Panoramic Suites on Voyager and Freedom class when those suites shifted to full suite level.

3 hours ago, GlassSlipper said:

Does anyone know of the AquaTheather shows and movies are going to be ready after dry dock?  There was some discussion on a fb page that there will be a delay with the shows.  Any thoughts?  Sorry if this has already been discussed, I looked back several pages on this thread and didn’t see it.  

‘For the 11/24 sailing it isn’t showing the AquaTheater show as something that can be booked in my cruise planner  ...... everything else is there 

34 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

‘For the 11/24 sailing it isn’t showing the AquaTheater show as something that can be booked in my cruise planner  ...... everything else is there 

There aren’t any AT shows to reserve on the 12/1 sailing either. The only reservations available are Cats and Frozen in Time.  

On 10/18/2019 at 10:51 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

11/24 sailing has those 2 plus a headliner show and the comedian.

Same for the december 8th cruise. But I did reach RCCL and they confirm that there will be a aqua show on our sailing. I know the new show will be call aqua80. Will it be ready for november 24th or will they just do another show? IDK but they said there will be one!

2 minutes ago, jslussier said:

Same for the december 8th cruise. But I did reach RCCL and they confirm that there will be a aqua show on our sailing. I know the new show will be call aqua80. Will it be ready for november 24th or will they just do another show? IDK but they said there will be one!

They may just do a no reservations dress rehearsal/run-through of the show for the 24th's sailing.  

42 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I’m starting to get nervous that Oasis won’t be finished and back in Florida for our cruise on 11/24.  It looks like she still has a long way to go to be finished.

They will bring on a lot of contractors to put on all the finishing touches while she is sailing back across the Atlantic for Florida.  But most of the big work should be done.  First sailing after a drydock always has the potential to be a little rougher around the edges while they get back into the groove of things.

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I’m starting to get nervous that Oasis won’t be finished and back in Florida for our cruise on 11/24.  It looks like she still has a long way to go to be finished.

My understanding is that some of the new suites won't be ready but haven't been released for booking either.  It's very possible some features are not all working on the 11/24 sailing.  Maybe a waterslide won't be ready.  Maybe a new dining venue won't be ready.   However 98% of the new features will most likely be available .  

When Symphony first launched in 2018 some shows weren't offered for several months after the first sailing.  The aqua show could fall in that category.  They can practice in a studio to an extent but they need to be on the ship in real conditions to finish getting ready.  The first production aqua show might not occur until it's 2020.  They'll offer an aqua show like they did after the crane incident but it might not be the full new show that is being created right now.  

16 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Does Anyone Know When She Is Planned To Start The TA?

Not sure when she's due to start it, but Royal's app seems to think she will be back in Florida by November 21 in Ft. Lauderdale for a 2-night "shakedown" cruise, but that overlaps with a couple of other 2-night cruises out of Miami.  But again with anything that Royal's IT has touched, can't truly be trusted.  ?

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not sure when she's due to start it, but Royal's app seems to think she will be back in Florida by November 21 in Ft. Lauderdale for a 2-night "shakedown" cruise, but that overlaps with a couple of other 2-night cruises out of Miami.

So If She Does That See Will Probably Head To Coco Cay. So She Can Legally Do That Sailing If She Does A "Shakedown" Cruise. 

2 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

So If She Does That See Will Probably Head To Coco Cay. So She Can Legally Do That Sailing If She Does A "Shakedown" Cruise. 

Actually in the app the Shakedown cruise goes Port Everglades > Nassau (no disembarking) > Port Everglades and then the other two offerings that overlap with those dates go Miami > CocoCay > Miami.  Haven't checked port schedules to see if it lines up with the app, though.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Haven't checked port schedules to see if it lines up with the app, though.

Port Everglades calendar isn't going out that far.

Miami shows what is looking like late the 23rd, after Symphony left.

Nassau, couldn't find an official source.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Still curious about the cabins??

Me, too.  I read on CC that they may be getting RFID stateroom door access.  I find it difficult to believe that they are replacing every cabin door and integrating the technology needed but I have no way to prove or disprove this until I step onto the ship in 33 days.

Also curious about the new Ultimate Panoramic suites being added to the front of the ship.  I’ve heard they will be a Star Class but I don’t even see where they are “for sale” yet.  There seems to be a ton of them !

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Me, too.  I read on CC that they may be getting RFID stateroom door access.  I find it difficult to believe that they are replacing every cabin door and integrating the technology needed but I have no way to prove or disprove this until I step onto the ship in 33 days.

Also curious about the new Ultimate Panoramic suites being added to the front of the ship.  I’ve heard they will be a Star Class but I don’t even see where they are “for sale” yet.  There seems to be a ton of them !

They are star. And they are already “for sale”.