? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

28 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Help me understand Royal Caribbean's math? ☹️ This is what i pulled up for Oasis sailing 1-8 Dec 19

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.09.40 AM.png

So strange. Maybe try again?  Looks like Royal's wonderful website.  I just tried the same mock booking in CAD, and got $2844 CAD for two , same room type on deck 14.

13 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Oh sorry...i priced regular ocean view.  For OV large balcony, I get $5801 CAD (no military for us and smaller C&A than you).  

But yeah...math not quite matching as $1168 * 2 = 2336. ?

The weird thing is i never changed anything...in one instance i don't get a military discount and the other i do, but it still doesn't add up mathematically.  

55 minutes ago, mworkman said:

The weird thing is i never changed anything...in one instance i don't get a military discount and the other i do, but it still doesn't add up mathematically.  

I had the same daft pricing for the 8th December sailing price without C&A number for solo £990 price with number £1500 ???‍♂️ Anyway they sorted it eventually..

1 hour ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Some More Photos From Cruise Critic.

Not trying to shoot the messenger, but whomever posted it on CC is not the author of the photos. What they do is search Instagram for photos posted by shipyard workers and/or cruise ship employees.

You can do this yourself if you rely on geolocation of Instagram posts limited to the area surrounding the Cadiz shipyard.

What bugs me is these folks dont credit the person that posted the photo.

Not your fault @Jaymac Radio and I dont blame you one bit. Just pointing out the reality of the source of these photos.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Not trying to shoot the messenger, but whomever posted it on CC is not the author of the photos. What they do is search Instagram for photos posted by shipyard workers and/or cruise ship employees.

You can do this yourself if you rely on geolocation of Instagram posts limited to the area surrounding the Cadiz shipyard.

What bugs me is these folks dont credit the person that posted the photo.

Not your fault @Jaymac Radio and I dont blame you one bit. Just pointing out the reality of the source of these photos.

Most of them are from Lloyd Marchand.  Not sure if he is the original photographer but I have noticed through social media that Lloyd posts most of the dry dock and new ship construction photos.  

I'm also going on Dec 8th! I snagged a "no solo supplement special", via Sharla at MEI travel.  I also booked the Key (again), VOOM, extra ice time, seating at shows, swift carry on luggage delivery and breakfast on debarkation day... YOLO!

I am looking forward to trying the barbecue restaurant, going to the dive and ice shows, and skipping the main dining room. I must have dinner in Old San Juan! I'll try all the slides, because they are there.. but just once. Same with the zip-line!  It will be my first time on Oasis class, and my first time solo. I usually cruise jam-packed-full-ship on holiday sailings with my husband and sons. 

The Diamond Lounge being moved to deck 4... meh. But it's on Deck 4 on Anthem, and I like that lounge, it has pool tables nearby (for my teenage boys to be occupied during happy hour), and it's an easy walk to the dining rooms..  So I promise to hold my opinion of it's new placement until AFTER the experience, instead of dreading something beforehand! I see myself ordering room service coffee in the morning though, instead of trekking to the Diamond Lounge for it.

I'm looking forward to viewing @Matt 's compass from his Thanksgiving Trip! It's great to see what they will do on Day 1 before I board, and if they have "night riding" on the flowrider.  Some items are posted on the app already like daily flowrider times; but not the open skating times.

14 minutes ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

I'm also going on Dec 8th! I snagged a "no solo supplement special", via Sharla at MEI travel.  I also booked the Key (again), VOOM, extra ice time, seating at shows, swift carry on luggage delivery and breakfast on debarkation day... YOLO!

I am looking forward to trying the barbecue restaurant, going to the dive and ice shows, and skipping the main dining room. I must have dinner in Old San Juan! I'll try all the slides, because they are there.. but just once. Same with the zip-line!  It will be my first time on Oasis class, and my first time solo. I usually cruise jam-packed-full-ship on holiday sailings with my husband and sons. 

The Diamond Lounge being moved to deck 4... meh. But it's on Deck 4 on Anthem, and I like that lounge, it has pool tables nearby (for my teenage boys to be occupied during happy hour), and it's an easy walk to the dining rooms..  So I promise to hold my opinion of it's new placement until AFTER the experience, instead of dreading something beforehand! I see myself ordering room service coffee in the morning though, instead of trekking to the Diamond Lounge for it.

I'm looking forward to viewing @Matt 's compass from his Thanksgiving Trip! It's great to see what they will do on Day 1 before I board, and if they have "night riding" on the flowrider.  Some items are posted on the app already like daily flowrider times; but not the open skating times.

My son got same deal for solo on this cruise, we even got upgraded to connecting rooms ocean 8D balcony from XN neighbourhood balcony, ?? my son also got the Key was on offer at £18 ($22) a day 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Most of them are from Lloyd Marchand.  Not sure if he is the original photographer but I have noticed through social media that Lloyd posts most of the dry dock and new ship construction photos.  

he is a cruise building nerd

On 10/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, DublinFC said:

Will Royal provide a video of the dry dock work after she has been amped and back at sea?  Like a video showing us the work that it took to amplify her?

If they don't, there's enough people from these boards on her 1st cruise out to create a feature-length film of her!

11 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Are they updating cabins during this?

That is the million dollar question. lol

The past two year, it has varied.  Some Adventure cabins got a refresh, Mariner and Indy did not, Navigator also got refresh.  I have not seen anything about Oasis cabins but I sure hope that the answer is yes.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The past two year, it has varied.  Some Adventure cabins got a refresh, Mariner and Indy did not, Navigator also got refresh.  I have not seen anything about Oasis cabins but I sure hope that the answer is yes.

praying for WOW bands!  even if they can only be used for purchasing power.  I don't care abt the doors.  I think they would be so much more convent than the card every time I order a drink or go to a specialty restaurant, or buy something on board. 

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

praying for WOW bands!  even if they can only be used for purchasing power.  I don't care abt the doors.  I think they would be so much more convent than the card every time I order a drink or go to a specialty restaurant, or buy something on board. 

i agree! we want the use of the wow bands with or without door opening functionality (though it would be nice to have that too).

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I hope at the very least they add the bedroom wall to the Grand Suite 1 bedrooms like they have on Harmony and Symphony.  I hate how both sides have to share a tv on a wall between the 2 areas that’s only separated by a curtain on Oasis and Allure.  Then you have to leave the curtain partially open and both side have to watch the one tv ..... fist pic is O and A ..... second pic is H and S setup for GS1 to show what I mean.

D60277C9-B29B-4FC3-8D06-6B81F0A56BF6.png

4CDD310A-8EE3-40B0-887C-009B74D0975F.jpeg