? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

2 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

I will attempt to salvage as much tea as possible while we are in port.  Nothing better than a glass of ice cold green tea. Oh and then the ultimate is a Long Island Tea.  YUM!!!!!!

If drinking tea saturated with water from Boston harbor you'll quickly need those LIITs, and several of them.

4 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

I know it’s apples to oranges but Celebrity Equinox just came out of dry dock and they upgraded from magnetic stripe to RFID. 

Let’s hope that carries through. We’ll have our 12 year old niece and 10 year old daughter and they’re way less likely to lose a WOWBand than they are a seapass card. 

On Oasis this coming winter - looking forward to seeing it amped up. 

During the amplification, would they do things like replace all the carpeting? I had been on Allure many times and it wasn’t until I was on Symphony right before going on Allure this winter that I realized just how dingy the carpeting in the stateroom hallways looked compared to the bright new carpeting on Symphony, and even Harmony. I assume Oasis’ carpeting shows even more wear being older than Allure. I hope things like that are addressed on Oasis this year and Allure next year.

For stateroom door locks and upgrading the POS terminals/gangway scanners, etc: With RC’s desire to continue to integrate more technology with their app, embarkation, etc, upgrading locks would seem logical to do. If the technology is ready to do, perhaps one of the soon to be amped ships could be the first to allow you to use your phone to unlock your stateroom. A magnetic strip & bar code on back is becoming an obsolete technology. (Not to mention the annoyance of going to guest services for a new card when the strip stops working). If it doesn’t get changed now, it will make the ship seem so outdated just a few years from now, with no opportunity to do the upgrade until the next major drydock years down the road. I have no idea what the cost would be for the undertaking, though.

53 minutes ago, NothingBeatsCruising said:

A magnetic strip & bar code on back is becoming an obsolete technology. (Not to mention the annoyance of going to guest services for a new card when the strip stops working). If it doesn’t get changed now, it will make the ship seem so outdated just a few years from now, with no opportunity to do the upgrade until the next major drydock years down the road. I have no idea what the cost would be for the undertaking, though.

This is so true.  I get annoyed if I go to a gas station or somewhere where I still need to swipe my card or put it in the reader.  It's a lot nicer to just tap the screen with it or uses your phone.  In a few years swiping or inserting a card will be like using a key or writing a check.  And don't get me started on places that only take cash or checks.  WTF!

On 5/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, CGTLH said:

With the relocation of the Diamond Lounge to 4 and the "blank space" on 11 and 12 where it use to be. My thought had been they would move it to that vacant space. That would also expand Boleros giving it a larger foot print.

Wild card is still what will go in that Diamond Lounge space. Seeing how Wonderland was not mentioned going in.

Sadly, if you check Royal's website it shows cabins there (click on "May 3rd, 2020 - April 25th, 2021", although I thought the DD was supposed to be done earlier). . I think we can all agree that is probably the least interesting thing they could have put there. Not sure what type as I can't figure out what purple is.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1995/12

On 5/22/2019 at 12:33 PM, gregorykicks said:

Yeah I was surprised they didn't put Wonderland there or mention something else for that space. 

Yes, having Wonderland on Oasis would have been Wonderful.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:47 PM, DublinFC said:

Cats staying on the ship has to be the most disappointing aspect to the Amped news.  I won't be wasting my time dealing with it that's for sure.

I saw Cats on Oasis and thought it was very well done (we had also seen it 3 times previously). That said, i agree that it's disappointing that they are not replacing it. I know when I last sailed Oasis four years ago it wasn't a popular show and can't imagine that having changed. Maybe Royal will surprise us and change it for the transfer to NY (although they didn't switch out We Will Rock You on Anthem, so I have no faith in their doing the right thing).

It shows that their either don't read the guest surveys or just don't care.

10 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Sadly, if you check Royal's website it shows cabins there (click on "May 3rd, 2020 - April 25th, 2021", although I thought the DD was supposed to be done earlier). . I think we can all agree that is probably the least interesting thing they could have put there. Not sure what type as I can't figure out what purple is.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1995/12

Yes, having Wonderland on Oasis would have been Wonderful.

Nice to see the updated deck plans, finally.

Very disappointed to see the deck 11/12 space replaced with cabins. I would have loved to see Wonderland or Hooked go into that space.

Whatever, could be worse things! 

23 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

No change, this is from a set of plans I downloaded back in 2016.

Color matches interior

SmartSelect_20190628-180239_Dropbox.jpg

3 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Did you click on "May 3rd, 2020 - April 25th, 2021" on the top right???

Never mind... Thought it had loaded the new plans... Wow is all I can say. I'd view windows as some valuable space to get rid of.

SmartSelect_20190628-180640_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20190628-180722_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'll be interested to see if they keep the old decor that Oasis & Allure have or if they update it to the decor that Harmony and Symphony have. I prefer the colours on OA and AL so hope that they stay.

Shame that Oasis isn't doing more Canada/NE cruises - the prospect of sailing an amped Oasis from NJ is tempting as I could have done without the extra flight to Florida to get on HM this time.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:23 AM, mark52479 said:

I thought the renovations were suppose to be done by Dec of this year.

So why are the new deck plans saying starting May 3, 2020?

Yes, that is what the website says! Presumably it's just Royal's website incompetence at it again.

Meanwhile, I had not realized that Sabor was going away! We really enjoyed that and were looking forward to using the free lunch there for booking a CP balcony! Given that it was one of two options for the free lunch, I wonder if they will substitute something else?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Astron said:

I see they are putting the laser tags in Studio B, does that mean the ice rink is going away?

No.  Studio B has a floor that comes out for non-ice events.  Laser tag is an inflatable obstacle course that sits on the flooring above the ice.  A day later it's removed and skating goes on.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Some Photos From The Internet Of The Dry Dock.

Just some good advice, be sure to give credit to the person that took the photo especially if that person is in the photo.

I always try to give credit to whomever took the photo. No harm in doing it, and it's the considerate thing to do.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just some good advice, be sure to give credit to the person that took the photo especially if that person is in the photo.

I always try to give credit to whomever took the photo. No harm in doing it, and it's the considerate thing to do.

Do you have a sailing set for after she is Amped?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry!! I Was Foolish In Not Doing It.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Hey Matt, JayMac did credit the Internet!!  Thanks Internet!!