? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

16 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm still hoping they will change their minds.

I don't sail until the end of 2020 so there is still time for me.  But, yes changing sooner than later would be the best news.  Until its changed to something everyone else does like very much hahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I've seen the Broadway and London versions and Royal's version, by far, fell flat.

I've only seen the touring version many years ago, which is the only thing I have to compare it to, so maybe my expectations were lower.  In any event, I saw it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. 

On 6/1/2019 at 3:10 PM, MrMarc said:

From the comments, I really may be.  ?

I will admit liking it also. I do understand the criticism and am thankful that someone told me to read up on the story as it is hard to follow what is going on. 

Maybe more on topic is that I am amazed that it is staying for another drydock cycle.  I shared last September that the stage manager on the back stage tour said that he was given word that a brand new mixing board was being installed which is a sign of a new production. He also shared that the current agreement with Cats allows for a finite number of cast cycles.  Well, renegotiation won the day. 

Hello All,

So with the new features on the Oasis I have read for 2020 she will be sailing from Miami and New York.  I am currently booked on her for a Dec sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and there has been no mention of Fort Lauderdale in any of the announcements I have read so far.  So I am wondering if I should be on the look out for a change in itinerary or cancellation?  With the change over in England has me a touch concerned.  Or, am I jumping the gun?  I know I have a lot of time between now and the sailing, but I have a lot planned for it already. 

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

Hello All,

So with the new features on the Oasis I have read for 2020 she will be sailing from Miami and New York.  I am currently booked on her for a Dec sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and there has been no mention of Fort Lauderdale in any of the announcements I have read so far.  So I am wondering if I should be on the look out for a change in itinerary or cancellation?  With the change over in England has me a touch concerned.  Or, am I jumping the gun?  I know I have a lot of time between now and the sailing, but I have a lot planned for it already. 

What is the exact date of you cruise? Everything for December of 2019 is showing Miami?

Unlikely they'll change existing home ports. 

When she returns from Europe in November 2019 she sails to Miami.  All December sailings in 2019 through to May 2020 are based in Miami. 

In May 2020 she leaves for a summer in Bayonne (close to New York city).  

In October 2020 she leaves Bayonne and sails to Ft. Lauderdale where she spends the 2020/2021 winter.  

The truth is Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are ~ 25 miles apart.  I often fly in Ft. Lauderdale when sailing from Miami for the cheaper domestic airfare.  Not that I think they would ever change her home port for booked cruises, but even if they did it would not be an issue.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

In October 2020 she leaves Bayonne and sails to Ft. Lauderdale where she spends the 2020/2021 winter.

This is what I'm seeing also. At some time in the future she may go someplace else, one rumor is Galveston, but I think we are all going to have to wait until Oasis 5 comes out and her home port is announced.

Unlikely they'll change existing home ports. 

When she returns from Europe in November 2019 she sails to Miami.  All December sailings in 2019 through to May 2020 are based in Miami. 

In May 2020 she leaves for a summer in Bayonne (close to New York city).  

The truth is the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are ~ 25 miles apart.  I often fly in Ft. Lauderdale when sailing from Miami for the cheaper domestic airfare.  Not that I think they would ever change her home port for booked cruises, but even if they did it would not be an issue.

Ok good to know.  if the departure port changes oh well not a big deal.  The canceling is more of the concern.  Again I doubt it, but since I had not found the above info it was a slight concern.  Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

This is what I'm seeing also. At some time in the future she may go someplace else, one rumor is Galveston, but I think we are all going to have to wait until Oasis 5 comes out and her home port is announced.

Galveston would be cool but the terminal hasn't even been started there.  Existing waterfront use has to be moved before terminal construction can even begin.  Some point in 2021 would be awesome if it happens but I'll believe it when I see it.

Galveston would be cool but the terminal hasn't even been started there.  Existing waterfront use has to be moved before terminal construction can even begin.  Some point in 2021 would be awesome if it happens but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm right there with you, Galveston is my only "Drivable" port and it is still a 9 hour drive, plan is to take Grandson #2 on Liberty in 2021 assuming she is still home ported in Galveston, Grandson #1 warned me Grandson #2 couldn't go on Oasis because Grandson #1 "only" got to go on Liberty in 2018, sibling rivalry, got to love it. 

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Oasis will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale in December 2020.  I am on 6 Dec.  It is out of Port Everglades.

9 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Sure you don’t want to move to the Nov 8 sailing? I hear the cool kids are on that one ?

Or better yet the November 4th sailing! Birthday cruise for me!

Newbies here. Love all the info you regulars supply. We're on Oasis Nov. 24 this year. If I can remember that far from now, will try to take as many photos and take notes about all the changes and post after or even during our trip. Again, thanks to all the valuable comments,  recommendations and  sometimes humorous replies you guys give. Happy cruising! ???

6 hours ago, cmdrfrag said:

Not sure on that one, you'd be talking about replacing every stateroom lock with an RFID pad.

If the can do that would be amazing as I really like the Wow Bands but I'd really hate to be the contractor who would say they could get that done in 68 days. You'd be talking doing about 36/37 rooms a day

ugh, just from that I am not hopeful they are going to be on there.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, DublinFC said:

ugh, just from that I am not hopeful they are going to be on there.

Even better would be if they could add in the Celebrity Edge type unlocking and room control via the app. 

Im not handy at all and was able to replace our lock with a keypad last week in about ten minutes from start to finish. 

Replacement of the locks to RFID style more depends on the return of investment. Right now it seems the ROI is zero. No other ship when going into dry dock has gotten updated locks. Plus it isn't just locks that would need to be updated. The entire point of sale system would need to get either replaced or have a RFID reader added. Also I'm sure it wouldn't be just guest stateroom locks that would be changed, crew/staff/Officer's stateroom locks would also be changed aswell. Other words every swipe lock on the ship would need to be changed.

Now one wild card towards the update to RFID is the Bionic Bar. I have a hard time visualizing the system from ordering to pickup using a swipe style card. Not saying it couldn't be done, just be different.

Me personally, would love to see the Edge style room controls aswell. Think Spectrum got some of the features.

9 hours ago, SSMEX said:

Does anyone know if Amplified ships tend to get other cabin upgrades? As far as I know, the only cabin upgrade that Amplified (or Amped?) ships have received is an electric kettle.

Cabin upgrades seem to be hit and miss with the last few Amps.  Adventure and Navigator got some cabin upgrades, Mariner and Indy did not other than the new cabins created.  

Not sure if kettles are part of cabin upgrades.  Typically you get a kettle if you are staying in a Junior Suite of higher.  All cabins have kettles if sailing from the UK (at least that is what I've heard).

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Cabin upgrades seem to be hit and miss with the last few Amps.  Adventure and Navigator got some cabin upgrades, Mariner and Indy did not other than the new cabins created.  

Not sure if kettles are part of cabin upgrades.  Typically you get a kettle if you are staying in a Junior Suite of higher.  All cabins have kettles if sailing from the UK (at least that is what I've heard).

yes they do haha! we love a good cup of Tea :P