? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

1 hour ago, gregorykicks said:

My guess is Portside BBQ will be forward deck 16 where the solarium bar is. This is where Hooked is on Symphony and the renderings for Portside show curved railings and sea views.

Still have a hard time visualizing from the renderings it being the Solarium area. The Solarium bar area is a bit more closed in on Oasis view wise. So I'm wondering if they plan on relocating the Teen's Club area. To me it almost seems where the Back Deck, Living Room, and Teen Disco area is on 15, right next to Wipe Out. Would also somewhat match the "Postside" name aswell.

So scratch all the Teen club thoughts, unless it is relocated to a completely different part of the ship with outdoor access.

It sure seems like they are not going to get Hooked, which is a very big disappointment to me. BBQ is so “meh”.  

I agree that putting in a bionic bar is a big waste of Prime real estate.  I love the Champagne bar right next to the dining room.

I do like the idea of a concert hall.  I loved that venue on Anthem. I never ever stepped foot into Dazzles so that is a good move, IMO. Also, no mention of Wonderland, which is a GOOD thing.

So, a mixture of good and bad.  I just hope it’s ready for my 1 Dec cruise !

47 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Still have a hard time visualizing from the renderings it being the Solarium area. The Solarium bar area is a bit more closed in on Oasis view wise. So I'm wondering if they plan on relocating the Teen's Club area. To me it almost seems where the Back Deck, Living Room, and Teen Disco area is on 15, right next to Wipe Out. Would also somewhat match the "Postside" name aswell.

So scratch all the Teen club thoughts, unless it is relocated to a completely different part of the ship with outdoor access.

Very good points. I agree that it doesn't fit in the Solarium Bar area. It's the wrong vibe for that area too.

They may be removing the video arcade and putting it in that area beside el loco fresh. 

The space where Hook's is located on Symphony was empty space above the Bristo on the other Oasis class ships. On Symphony, that level was built or added, to occupy/use that empty space...I imagine they will add/bulid that level onto Oasis & probably Allure, as Porkside BBQ....as was done with Hook's Seafood on Symphony.

44 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It sure seems like they are not going to get Hooked, which is a very big disappointment to me. BBQ is so “meh”.  

I agree that putting in a bionic bar is a big waste of Prime real estate.  I love the Champagne bar right next to the dining room.

I do like the idea of a concert hall.  I loved that venue on Anthem. I never ever stepped foot into Dazzles so that is a good move, IMO. Also, no mention of Wonderland, which is a GOOD thing.

So, a mixture of good and bad.  I just hope it’s ready for my 1 Dec cruise !

I forgot about Hooked, I would have liked to have eaten there too.  My wife and I are both BBQ fans so we are going to hit up the new BBQ joint a few times on our sailing.   Also, I'm not sold on the idea of the Bionic Bar.  A friend of mine was on a sailing with it and it was a side show that ran its course quickly.  I want to get a drink from it since its going to be there just to say I did.  I read about Wonderland and I just did not get excited about it so I guess its a good thing, but maybe a bummer for those who were hoping it was coming to the ship. 

Overall I am happy with the news and I am even more excited for our cruise!

15 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Think I've discovered the answer to Portside BBQ location!

oasis-amp.thumb.PNG.24f7b752f27f5ce19221c199fb77b4a4.PNG

Ref: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/19067374_OA_Amplified_Infographic.pdf

You called it on Portside BBQ!

Looks like I guessed everything else right though!

Bionic replaces Champagne
Karaoke replaces On-Air
Music Hall replaces Dazzles 
El Loco Fresh replaces Wipe Out Cafe

6 minutes ago, gregorykicks said:

Karaoke replaces On-Air

I'm mixed on this one...

The concept art almost seems like it is a modification to the dance floor/space in Boleros. I know the bar in On-Air would be right side if facing towards the back wall where the stage might be. But the space the rendering gives makes it seem much larger.

Spotlight%20Karaoke%20Oasis.jpg?itok=5_C

20190521_131558-1152x864.jpg

Crazy I know, the band stage would be the right spot for the DJ. The back wall area the location of the bar.

8 hours ago, CGTLH said:

I'm mixed on this one...

The concept art almost seems like it is a modification to the dance floor/space in Boleros. I know the bar in On-Air would be right side if facing towards the back wall where the stage might be. But the space the rendering gives makes it seem much larger.

Spotlight%20Karaoke%20Oasis.jpg?itok=5_C

20190521_131558-1152x864.jpg

Crazy I know, the band stage would be the right spot for the DJ. The back wall area the location of the bar.

After some more analysis of the current On-Air I can visualize a 180 spin. What had been throwing me off was the DJ booth where an exit route to the embarkation deck for the lifeboats. Looking and visualizing a hallway behind or to the side of the DJ booth would work. In fact the rendering almost gives that view.

14 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Think I've discovered the answer to Portside BBQ location!

oasis-amp.thumb.PNG.24f7b752f27f5ce19221c199fb77b4a4.PNG

Ref: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/19067374_OA_Amplified_Infographic.pdf

Where did you find this? Voyager of the seas is going in for amplification roughly the same time as oasis, so I am wondering if they’re releasing infor about those changes as well. 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

I asked Royal Caribbean PR and they said no changes to Cats.

That’s good news for anyone booking other Oasis class ships knowing it won’t be swapped, I was dreading it been swapped to Allure next year ? phew 

10 hours ago, CGTLH said:

After some more analysis of the current On-Air I can visualize a 180 spin. What had been throwing me off was the DJ booth where an exit route to the embarkation deck for the lifeboats. Looking and visualizing a hallway behind or to the side of the DJ booth would work. In fact the rendering almost gives that view.

They also specifically mentioned Boleros as one of the venues they will be keeping! 

alongside existing fun spots such as Boleros, Schooner Bar, Blaze Nightclub & Comedy and English pub Atlas & Globe.

Plus with on-air already being a "sports and karaoke bar" it makes sense to turn it into dedicated karaoke since Playmaker's will be dedicated sports

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

Based on that graphic, is the Escape Room replacing the Card Room?  No big loss there.

I think you're right on the Escape Room replacing the Card Room. 

On Symphony and Harmony the Escape room is near Adventure Ocean, but the only thing aft on deck 14 is the Card Room. 

18 minutes ago, gregorykicks said:

They also specifically mentioned Boleros as one of the venues they will be keeping! 

With the relocation of the Diamond Lounge to 4 and the "blank space" on 11 and 12 where it use to be. My thought had been they would move it to that vacant space. That would also expand Boleros giving it a larger foot print.

Wild card is still what will go in that Diamond Lounge space. Seeing how Wonderland was not mentioned going in.

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

With the relocation of the Diamond Lounge to 4 and the "blank space" on 11 and 12 where it use to be. My thought had been they would move it to that vacant space. That would also expand Boleros giving it a larger foot print.

Wild card is still what will go in that Diamond Lounge space. Seeing how Wonderland was not mentioned going in.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't put Wonderland there or mention something else for that space. 

54 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

The Diamond Lounge is moving to the 4th deck...have not heard that mentioned. That space must be where the new teen area is being located. Actually, looks like where Porkside BBQ is located vs being Wonderland.

2 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

The Diamond Lounge is moving to the 4th deck...have not heard that mentioned. That space must be where the new teen area is being located.

Don't think it would become the Teen's area, it has no outdoor area. The outdoor area was one thing mentioned in the release information.