? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

6 hours ago, tiny260 said:

My wife will use it, but as you say, 4-5 in the evening and usually once per cruise before a formal night. But with 6000 people on board who knows.

My wife is interested in going there with our daughter the night we get dressed up for pics on the ship.  we are going during a Dec sailing.  I read the ship will be decorated for Christmas.  We figure it will be a perfect opportunity for a nice family Christmas picture(s).  

9 hours ago, DublinFC said:

My wife is interested in going there with our daughter the night we get dressed up for pics on the ship.  we are going during a Dec sailing.  I read the ship will be decorated for Christmas.  We figure it will be a perfect opportunity for a nice family Christmas picture(s).  

Make reservations early, the normal spa hair saloon fills up early on the afternoons and evenings before the formal nights so I assume this place would also.

16 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Make reservations early, the normal spa hair saloon fills up early on the afternoons and evenings before the formal nights so I assume this place would also.

that's good to know.  I guess it makes sense due to the mega ships needing reservations for many of their activities 

2 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Was Talking To One Of The Bar Staff On board Raspody And He Said That He Was Told That Oasis Will Get The Bamboo Room. I Hope That Is True. Because I Really Want To See It On A Oasis Class Ship.

I want to see that and playmakers.  Love watching the game with a few cold brews.  Plus that Ice cream in the  football helmet concoction looks amazing hahaha

7 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

that's good to know.  I guess it makes sense due to the mega ships needing reservations for many of their activities 

Yes, plus it takes them a good 30-40 minutes if they have it blown out and then put up somehow, if I remember it was $30-40 in the Spa Hair Saloon.

I don't know the prices for the blow out place, but I do remember that @twangster took photos of the price card when he sailed Navigator after her AMPED.

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

Yes, plus it takes them a good 30-40 minutes if they have it blown out and then put up somehow, if I remember it was $30-40 in the Spa Hair Saloon.

I don't know the prices for the blow out place, but I do remember that @twangster took photos of the price card when he sailed Navigator after her AMPED.

Not too hateful of a price there I guess.  plus the girl time together for my ladies will be nice too.

5 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Was Talking To One Of The Bar Staff On board Raspody And He Said That He Was Told That Oasis Will Get The Bamboo Room. I Hope That Is True. Because I Really Want To See It On A Oasis Class Ship.

Replacing what....where would they put it? Not sure I see that happening; even though that would be great.

4 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I want to see that and playmakers.  Love watching the game with a few cold brews.  Plus that Ice cream in the  football helmet concoction looks amazing hahaha

In February one of the guys at Sabor Bar on Oasis told me that Playmakers was replacing Sabor.  He seemed very confident of this. 

2 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Replacing what....where would they put it? Not sure I see that happening; even though that would be great.

Ok I Asked The Guy Who Told Me That And He Said "It Will Most Likely Replace The Champagne Bar". I Dont Know How True This Is But That Is The Word From The Bar Tender On Raspody. Said 

57 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Ok I Asked The Guy Who Told Me That And He Said "It Will Most Likely Replace The Champagne Bar". I Dont Know How True This Is But That Is The Word From The Bar Tender On Raspody. Said 

Hmmm...ok, I can certainly see that...would anchor the opposite end of Boleros I believe. That may not be a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Jaymac Radio said:

I was told that The Bionic Bar was replacing The Champagne Bar by a woman working on The Rising Tide.  I guess no one knows for sure.

12 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

I was told that The Bionic Bar was replacing The Champagne Bar by a woman working on The Rising Tide.  I guess no one knows for sure.

That would follow suit with Harmony & Symphony; so, there is some precedent. However, I personally would prefer the Bamboo Room...if nothing else, the setting & atmosphere.

Could see the potential in replacing Vintages with the Bamboo Room. Just wonder if Central Park is the right vibe for it.

Vintages does have one parallel with the Bamboo Room, offering small bites for purchase. I'm sure if Vintages does still stick around the tapas selection will be replaced with the Jamie's offerings.

3 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

We are planning for October 2020 and the Champagne Bar was one of the places we wanted to check out....so pretty...

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I agree.  I loved the Champagne bar.  I sure hope they do NOT replace it with a bionic bar.  What a total waste of real estate.

We saw the Bionic Bar on Anthem and it was WWWWWWWWWWWWay overrated.  It needed repairing frequently and it was smaller than what I thought it would be.

4 minutes ago, Pen said:

We saw the Bionic Bar on Anthem and it was WWWWWWWWWWWWay overrated.  It needed repairing frequently and it was smaller than what I thought it would be.

It is definitely a "one and done" kind of thing.  Once you've had the robot prepare a drink for you it's like...ok...no more of that....  The one and only drink we had it make was awful.  Never went back...but it's always in a a prime location and walking around it is a PITA.

On April 4, 2019 at 2:43 AM, J_Keeble said:

My opinion is that they should keep sabor but make its smaller and also have a playmakers on the boardwalk. the current playmakers on Symphony seems a bit too big.

When we were on Symphony a month ago during the Sweet 16 and  Elite 8 playoffs, Playmakers was quite frankly not all that busy despite the event.   I just don't get the whole concept of being on a gorgeous ship and watching sports, but to each their own.  Except for Aqua Theatre events, the whole boardwalk was never that busy. 

5 hours ago, GlennGlenn said:

When we were on Symphony a month ago during the Sweet 16 and  Elite 8 playoffs, Playmakers was quite frankly not all that busy despite the event.   I just don't get the whole concept of being on a gorgeous ship and watching sports, but to each their own.  Except for Aqua Theatre events, the whole boardwalk was never that busy. 

If Playmakers didn't charge for the food, then I'm sure it would be a lot busier.  It's great to have so many options for people's varying interests, though!

8 minutes ago, zhm said:

The Oasis is back in service, right? Did I miss an announcement on what the changes are? Or was this a different drydock - I saw another post that said Oasis wasn't getting Amplified until September 2019.

This was the dry dock to repair damage from the crane accident. This was not the scheduled Amp dry dock, that will occur this Fall. Welcome to the boards! ?

Wondering where Portside BBQ and El Loco Fresh will end up going.

Lot of reading between the lines I'm visualizing the Diamond Lounge is going away due to Blaze being renamed  "Blaze Nightclub and Comedy"

Wondering if Music Hall is reusing/branding Dazzles. Current Diamond Lounge seems too small.

29 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Wondering where Portside BBQ and El Loco Fresh will end up going.

Lot of reading between the lines I'm visualizing the Diamond Lounge is going away due to Blaze being renamed  "Blaze Nightclub and Comedy"

Wondering if Music Hall is reusing/branding Dazzles. Current Diamond Lounge seems too small.

My guess is Portside BBQ will be forward deck 16 where the solarium bar is. This is where Hooked is on Symphony and the renderings for Portside show curved railings and sea views. Also, there will be a fee for Portside BBQ (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/portside-bbq). 

El Loco Fresh will likely be where wipe out cafe was (deck 15 aft near the sports deck) as that's where it is on Symphony. 

Renders sure make Music Hall look like Dazzles location. The window behind the stage is a giveaway. 

I think the Karaoke club will replace On-Air and Bionic will replace Champagne. 

With the kid's club revamp that's where they'll put the escape room as well (deck 14). That's how it is on Symphony. 

Hmmm....the Music Hall does appear to be replacing Dazzles & it looks like the stairs to the second level may be moved to the entrance, allowing more room for the stage & dance area.

I guess Diamond Club stays, given no mentioning of Wonderland. Think the Bionic Bar will be a waste of space...would love for that to be the new Bamboo Lounge.

Just now, Zambia-Zaire said:

Hmmm....the Music Hall does appear to be replacing Dazzles & it looks like the stairs to the second level may be moved to the entrance, allowing more room for the stage & dance area.

I guess Diamond Club stays, given no mentioning of Wonderland. Think the Bionic Bar will be a waste of space...would love for that to be the new Bamboo Lounge.

I agree with the Bamboo Lounge option! May have something to do with not having good access to a kitchen from that location.