Car rental in Tampa?

Ashlynne12

We're scheduled for our cruise to leave Tampa on Jan 12, so I've booked our flights out of Nashville for the day before.  Knowing Nashville weatherin the winter, I opted for the earliest flight available just in case we get some ice.  We'll curently be flying into Tampa at 9:30 local time on the 11th, and I'm trying to decide if renting a car is the most economic plan instead of taking uber or something like that.  I do know that our hotel will let me store the bags if we arrive early (they do have a complementary shuttle from the airport  but their cost to travel to the cruise port is $20)  We're hoping to have some time to explore a bit in Tampa the day before and I have looked at some of the public transportation, but unsure what will be our best value.

I'd say Uber/Lyft may be significantly simpler.  Tampa, like most cities, has parking issues and that alone would be a good reason not to get a car.  

I think it depends on a few factors:

• How expensive or inexpensive is the car rental? If it's super cheap, that changes the equation completely.
  • What do you want to do? You can easily get around downtown Tampa area on foot and with Lyft/Uber.  If you want to go out to a beach or a surrounding city, then perhaps a car rental would be better.