Got the Upgrade call

Pooch

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

.I don't think I would have paid $600 more for it on a night 5.

I think I agree.  Just a bit too pricey.

It's also worth noting you can ask for a lower price.  They offer you the room for $600, you could counter ask for like $300.  You never know.

And thats what i read too, a Miami area code but this was 866-562-7625 and thats what the voice mail gave for a call back number.  It connected me to the regular RCCI phone center & the rep had to put me on hold & call somewhere else to get the info.  Not sure what I might have gotten had I picked up the dang call!!

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

And thats what i read too, a Miami area code but this was 866-562-7625 and thats what the voice mail gave for a call back number.  It connected me to the regular RCCI phone center & the rep had to put me on hold & call somewhere else to get the info.  Not sure what I might have gotten had I picked up the dang call!!

That number is the one I see when I look up the Crown & Anchor number for Royal. Thanks for pointing that out, I've added that number along with the excursions desk to my contacts so that my RoboKiller app won't block any calls from them. And now I'll clearly see it's Royal calling, should that magical day ever come! ?

I don’t know what size the balcony is for the Grand Suite, but I think my husband my cry if someone took the OS from him since he sooooo loves a big balcony (his first cruise I would find him every single morning when my eyes opened already on the balcony)  and there is so much space on the one for the OS. But so many options and there are benefits to all (early on we gave up a 1BR AquaTheater cabin because it’s too high to be useful for the theater we thought and the useful part of the balcony is much less as we see it than the one on the OS. But $600 is significant for 5 days... I would likely have said no too!

Happy Sailing,

Lynn

On 9/27/2018 at 9:40 AM, JLMoran said:

That number is the one I see when I look up the Crown & Anchor number for Royal. Thanks for pointing that out, I've added that number along with the excursions desk to my contacts so that my RoboKiller app won't block any calls from them. And now I'll clearly see it's Royal calling, should that magical day ever come! ?

I have been told by C&A reps that they are the ones that make the call and decisions on the upgrades......

53 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I don’t know what size the balcony is for the Grand Suite, but I think my husband my cry if someone took the OS from him since he sooooo loves a big balcony (his first cruise I would find him every single morning when my eyes opened already on the balcony)  and there is so much space on the one for the OS. But so many options and there are benefits to all (early on we gave up a 1BR AquaTheater cabin because it’s too high to be useful for the theater we thought and the useful part of the balcony is much less as we see it than the one on the OS. But $600 is significant for 5 days... I would likely have said no too!

Happy Sailing,

Lynn

The GS Balcony is bigger than the OS one, a major reason I said no.

32 minutes ago, Pooch said:

The GS Balcony is bigger than the OS one, a major reason I said no.

Hmmmmm... so one of us is incorrect or delusional (I sure hope it’s you, nothing personal ?). So Allure of the Seas Grand Suites (category GS) are 371 square feet with a 105 square foot balcony. The Owner’s Suite, a significantly higher priced cabin partly due to it’s much greater size, has 556 square feet and a 243 square feet balcony. I don’t know anything snout Majesty, is it very different from the rest of the fleet?

Lynn

EDIT- Ok, so I checked - my info shows Grand Suite on Majesty of the Seas has 382 sq. ft., balcony 128 sq. ft and the Owner’s Suite has 446 sq. ft., balcony 102 sq. ft.  I assume this must be because it is a much older ship (23/24 years old I think), because I have never seen an OS like that, with a bigger cabin and slightly smaller balcony (but 16 sq ft. is close to equal in balcony world from what I’ve seen). In my experience most RCL ships are more in line with the difference in size of the two on Allure with the OS being much larger in both categories. In the photo the Majesty OS looks like just a bigger GS.

12 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I have never seen an OS like that, with a bigger cabin and slightly smaller balcony (but 16 sq ft. is close to equal in balcony world from what I’ve seen).

It's not limited to OS rooms or older ships. On Freedom class and I think Quantum Class as well, you can get either a "Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony", or a "Spacious Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony", where the latter has a larger cabin space but smaller balcony space. From what I recall, those "spacious" rooms are the ones designed to sleep 4 rather than 3, so maybe they needed to sacrifice some balcony space in order to have enough room for a sofa bed and pullman.

It definitely drives home the importance of doing your homework about the ship before you book, or accept any upgrade offer!