New Port Miami Terminal

Skid

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Spoiler alert.  More than one ship is scheduled to use the new terminal well before Symphony.

in fact if things go as planned, Mariner will use it first not long from now.

But Symphony's arrival will get the biggest press for the new terminal. I guess that's why we're doing immigration in Port Canaveral - to avoid bad press.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

In time for my OCt 22 cruise on Marnier I wonder?!

According to the port daily schedule, as soon as Oct 5.

https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/Default.aspx

I noted when Symphony arrives she will be berthed at an unlisted terminal letter, but location 55-E and she will continue to use location 55-E on all subsequent sailings.

On November 4th, Allure will use location 55-E and for all subsequent sailings.

Looking at all of October 2018 in the PDF below, on October 5th Mariner is supposed to begin using position 55-E.

No ships use it in September.

Having said that, if construction slips or they can't get it ready by Oct. 5th, a different terminal will be used.  On certain days through the end of year, PoM is full and Mariner must use the new terminal because there are no other terminals available.  

4 hours ago, Neaxan said:

But Symphony's arrival will get the biggest press for the new terminal. I guess that's why we're doing immigration in Port Canaveral - to avoid bad press.

Press is never allowed in customs area and the arrival is very early.  Besides, all ships have to be processed by customs, hardly a bad press moment.  I suspect Canaveral was added for other reasons, including having a non-European port of call on the itinerary for other tax related purposes.  Possibly as vain as to pick up some RCI executives. 

Media can't join in Canaveral, that violates the PVSA and Jones Act.  Only cruise line employees that are working on the ship related to the maritime operation of the vessel escape the PVSA and Jones Act (ship photographers have been ruled to be subject to the Jones Act just like passengers because they don't work towards the operations of the ship like bridge officers or other marine department employees do).  For a handful of executives they might just pay the penalty for violating the Jones and PVSA and bring them on in Canaveral for the night.

The media cruise following Symphony's arrival will likely be the big press event to officially open the Crown of Miami but that is several days after we arrive - Nov. 13 is the media cruise.

If our arrival in Miami was supposed to be some big event, they would not schedule it for 5am in the dark.

Manifest_Print Oct 18 PoM.pdf

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I feel like we have been waiting FOREVER for you to get on board Mariner!! ?

YOU feel that way??!..imagine how I feel?!...haha.....:4_joy:

Not to mention I just got back from Cuba and ended up at a dumpy resort and spent half my vacation being sick...I am in serious need of a good, quality, enjoyable vacation and not worrying about what I eat or drink and if its going to make me sick.

It will be nice for sure if I get to check out the brand new terminal...I am thinking if it opens on the 5th....even with a delay or 2 I should be lucky enough to get to use it by the 22nd! :)

Looking at the updated port schedule it appears that currently the first planned use of Terminal A is for the Mariner on 10/29.  It seems that with the exception of 11/5 & 11/9 it will be the regular terminal for the Mariner. 

It will also be home for the Allure starting on 11/4 on of course Symphony.  

17 hours ago, monctonguy said:

So now I am not going to get to use/see it?...boooooo

Well I'm sure you'll be able to see it as you sail past it.  ? 

I'd love to see some recent photos to see how much construction equipment is still sitting onsite.  That was the biggest indicator to me that they weren't going to have this done for tomorrow's Mariner sailing.

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

Well I'm sure you'll be able to see it as you sail past it.  ? 

I'd love to see some recent photos to see how much construction equipment is still sitting onsite.  That was the biggest indicator to me that they weren't going to have this done for tomorrow's Mariner sailing.

I'd love to see some sneak inside photos.  If the inside isn't ready, it's a no go.  If the outside landscaping or other non-essential exterior work isn't complete, that isn't a show stopper.