Roll Call - Anthem, Oct 13 2018

JLMoran

Mini Group Meet-Up  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a meet-and-greet?

2. 2. If yes, where would you want to meet?

• Schooner Bar (deck 5)
    • Boleros (deck 4)
    • Bionic Bar (deck 5)
    • Vintages (deck 5)
    • Pub (deck 4)
  3. 3. And on which day and general time?

• Embarkation Day, evening
    • First sea day, afternoon
    • First sea day, evening
    • Bermuda day 1, evening
    • Bermuda day 2, evening
    • Last sea day, afternoon
    • Last sea day, evening

OK, several here have said they're sailing Anthem on October 13, but I've lost track. I only see myself and @ellcee on the master cruise calendar, so if you're sailing on this trip, please sound off!

I'd also love to do a "mini-group meet-and-greet", and finally meet some of the great folks here. I've put together a poll to see if anyone else would be interested, and if so when / where would be best to meet up.

Where is this master calendar you speak of?  Found it!

As for a meet up...

1. Yes

2. I don't want to go to a place where the drinks have been described as 'awful'.  I would prefer a full bar as opposed to Vintages.  But I'm totally new here and all...

3. Bermuda Day 2 evening is the best for me.  Unless it's Sea evening 1 and you catch me between CT and the show in 270

Jamie and I will probably be staying on the boat for much of the time in Bermuda so we'll be day drinking somewhere if anyone is around then as well.

Try as I might, my schedule is quickly filling!  My first cruise and everyone told me to not overbook.  At least most of our activities are centered around booze and food.

Edited by Broons77
Self-answered a question

12 minutes ago, ellcee said:

lol, I didn't go to one show last cruise. I had planned to go to everything.

There's a group of us going, and we're all reserved as a group for the show in 270 and We Will Rock You.  I don't care too much about the former, but heard the latter was very good.  We'll see how it goes...

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Where is this master calendar you speak of?  Found it!

As for a meet up...

1. Yes

2. I don't want to go to a place where the drinks have been described as 'awful'.  I would prefer a full bar as opposed to Vintages.  But I'm totally new here and all...

3. Bermuda Day 2 evening is the best for me.  Unless it's Sea evening 1 and you catch me between CT and the show in 270

Jamie and I will probably be staying on the boat for much of the time in Bermuda so we'll be day drinking somewhere if anyone is around then as well.

Try as I might, my schedule is quickly filling!  My first cruise and everyone told me to not overbook.  At least most of our activities are centered around booze and food.

No worries! If you can, just put those preferences in the poll so I can keep track of that (questions 2 and 3 are multiple choice). Depending on how many end up replying, I'll try and follow up on this thread with a final day and time that we can shoot for, based on what works for most.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:09 PM, JLMoran said:

Man, I’d have sworn there was at least one other person from here on this cruise, maybe even 2 or 3 more. But still only have myself and @ellcee on the poll responses, plus @Broons77 in comments. ?

Well that settles it - you three should just move your sailings up a couple of weeks to the 27th.  Who wants to go to stinky 'ol Bermuda anyway when you can go to Nassau! ?. I'm sure we could have great conversation and heated debates over Pork Roll/Taylor ham.

1 minute ago, firebuck said:

Well that settles it - you three should just move your sailings up a couple of weeks to the 27th.  Who wants to go to stinky 'ol Bermuda anyway when you can go to Nassau! ?. I'm sure we could have great conversation and heated debates over Pork Roll/Taylor ham.

While that sounds amazing, not sure I can add any more days to the countdown. I'm dyin' over herrrrre.?

I mentioned it in another thread, but I'm not sure if anyone took it seriously.  I'm strongly considering driving into Boston on Saturday just so I can look at the ship.  It's over an hour to drive there and will probably cost me $30 to park and I don't think that's enough to deter me.  This is totally stupid.

@JLMoran - I have to ask.  You show Northern NJ as home.  You wouldn't happen to be a skankee fan, would you?

image.png.eae4c64231219671178a528460e5c635.png

7 hours ago, Broons77 said:

I mentioned it in another thread, but I'm not sure if anyone took it seriously.  I'm strongly considering driving into Boston on Saturday just so I can look at the ship.  It's over an hour to drive there and will probably cost me $30 to park and I don't think that's enough to deter me.  This is totally stupid.

@JLMoran - I have to ask.  You show Northern NJ as home.  You wouldn't happen to be a skankee fan, would you?

image.png.eae4c64231219671178a528460e5c635.png

ooooooh, Them's be fightin' words. I am a Yankee fan....

11 hours ago, Broons77 said:

I'm actually not a fan of any sports team. Don't watch sports, don't follow sports, don't even have regular TV service any more.

Now, eSports and Texas Hold'Em Poker are another matter... ?

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

@JLMoran  Your just a wake up away from your next cruise....NO you may not go back to sleep! ? Packing is still in order!?

Oh lordy, don't I know it! Still haven't packed, have to do that tonight. Already decided with this being such a short cruise with only one formal night that I'm not packing my suit and dealing with getting it pressed this time. Good chinos, a nice button-down shirt, and maybe a tie will suffice this time around.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Oh lordy, don't I know it! Still haven't packed, have to do that tonight. Already decided with this being such a short cruise with only one formal night that I'm not packing my suit and dealing with getting it pressed this time. Good chinos, a nice button-down shirt, and maybe a tie will suffice this time around.

We haven't been to a formal night in quite sometime now...we've just been relaxing and going to the windjammer or other venue's for breakfast, lunch or dinners.  On a grand note!!! The wife has been down to One large suitcase and a small roll-on ?

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@JLMoran, @ellcee, and @Broons77  Wishing you all a wonderful and safe sailing!!!  Very excited for you.  Anthem is a great ship, you will no doubt have a great time.  @JLMoran cannot wait to hear all about your adventures in CK. ?

Thanks Loves, it's my first!  BTW, did I see that you're a Leafs fan?  I won't hold it against you if you are.  Too much anyway....  ?

13 hours ago, JLMoran said:

We're (totally over) packed, bags in the car, only thing left to do is climb into the car in the morning, drop off the dog at the sitter and hit the road for the early AM drive to Joisey.  24 hours from now, I hope to be a couple cocktails into some fine conversation with yourself and @ellcee . Can't wait!!!!

For now, it's looking like a loooooooong night.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lucky for me, I am not. Let's go Pens! 

Hubby is the die hard Leafs fan so unfortunately I watch all Leafs games.

That is quite unfortunate.  And there's nothing lucky about being a Pens fan.  But far be it for me to start trouble here, I don't want you whining to the message board refs like someone we all may be familiar with... ?