Grand Cayman, turtle farm

Ashlynne12

If you buy one, be very sure before using it to follow the testing instructions. This lets you verify the pouch is sealing properly and will not let any water in during normal use, before your smart phone is getting dunked. Better to have a few tissues or napkins get soaked than your phone!

Also, be aware that the pouches are usually only good to about 3 feet / 1 meter deep. If you want to go deeper than that for more close-up shots, maybe invest in a more expensive watertight case like a LifeProof Fre, that's certified to 6 feet / 2 meters.

Also, once you are confident in your case of choice, try it at home in a sink or bathtub full of water.  

I have a life proof case on my phone but hadn't really used it near water since I have a GoPro.  This weekend I thought I'd experiment to see how the picture quality worked on my phone in it's waterproof case.

Turns out it's nearly impossible to control my phone when the surface is wet.  The touch sensitive surface doesn't work.  I couldn't even unlock it when wet, never mind try to get the photo app launched.  It did a great job keeping my phone dry in my swimsuit pocket but my phone was pretty unusable.