Voom Question

Ray

Can anyone tell me if the voom voyage package allows video calling, purchased the surf and stream pack but i wont be streaming films or music. just need internet for my wifes FB and messanger, so if voyage package is suitable will change to that one. 

thanks in advance 

I would recommend last weeks Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast....   Short answer, Allows it yes, they don't block anything, but just significantly limit your bandwidth with the one package..  So for streaming the video portion, not as ideal.  You could try it of course.  Worse case you could do data audio calls.  You might get some frozen screens or unable to connect if you're trying to stream.    I've done it before,  it involved several dropped calls and choppy video.  So it depends on whether that matters to you.

For Facebook and Messanger and Uploading photos the cheaper one is fine.

On Liberty this summer, yes it worked, my wife constantly was using FB and my Grandson was with us, he video chatted with his Mom once every evening and besides that he was watching videos, because my Wife and him would be on at the same time, I got the 2 device surf and stream, there would be certain times in the evening you might see that SAT down link get saturated but otherwise it was fine.

We used Whatapp for him to communicate with his Mom.

Some ships work better than others.  Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class (plus Majesty and Enchantment) have the better, newer satellite system.   It works better on these ships but even the older ships work if you are patient and tolerate some imperfection.

As long as you expectations isn't the high speed internet you have at home or the office, you can do all that on Surf and Stream.  As other's mentioned it may freeze and break up at times but understanding you are in the middle of an ocean helps.  It isn't perfect at all and heavy rain clouds can slow it down even more (it's all by satellite) but generally speaking it's not bad.