Entertaining in a suite - options?

AlohaLivin

We are sailing in an OS-1 bedroom on the Allure fairly soon (yay...? ). So we are likely to host a “get together” of somewhere between 15-30 cruise guests. It’s not a party,  more a brief “drop over” of 15 minutes or so.  We aren’t trying to feed hungry people, but rather to offer some minor refreshments (like cookies and/or cheese/crackers).  Some non-alcoholic beverages would be great too if possible. 

We have experience with NCL and other lines, but this will be our first Royal cruise and we are not at all sure about what our options might be.  In the suite’s menu on NCL, for example, there are options like cheese and fruit platters; would could get pitchers of juice free also, plus coffee/hot tea. But despite searching, I haven’t been able to determine what is available through room service or what any other option might be for light finger foods and/or non-alcoholic beverages.  

Note. This isn’t a business related venture, but a purely social one.

Thanks for any info you can offer on this ?

Lynn

When staying in an OS, you do get complimentary room service. I suppose you could order from that menu. You can also order from the MDR when it is open. Copies of the menus are usually available in the room (in some kind of folder), or on the TV.  You can also usually view the menus in the suite lounge. I am not sure about the drinks as staying in a suite does not give you access to beverages. Only Star class suites have that access. You would likely have to pay extra for that. Another option is to let the concierge know what your plans are and he/she can help you arrange all that. The concierge will usually contact you one week prior to sailing. If you want to get the ball rolling you can also email them at AL_concierge01@rccl.com or AL_concierge02@rccl.com

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/16/royal-caribbean-shares-new-fleet-wide-room-service-menu

Options include a cheese plate, fruit plate, and cookies. For finger food items, quesadilla would work, large and cut into three or four slices, wings, chicken tenders (would ask for them without fries), plus nachos might be another idea, pizza was good as well.

Beverage wise, I've asked for a pitcher of "iced tea" and water before (plus empty cups). Not sure about juice type offerings, might ask when calling. I'd also suggest asking for a bucket or two of ice.

Pictures below were from Harmony, what I had ordered for the final stop on a cabin crawl. Just say it was a tad too much for the two that showed up for the crawl...

20180514_152630.thumb.jpg.058f573e20371951b9978bc6c170ff97.jpg  20180514_160133.thumb.jpg.b8e4d20831bc0d7e11f339b4d86f1116.jpg

@Lovetocruise2002. thanks for that info!  We are new to RCL so I guess we will learn quite a lot of new ways to do things ?

@CGTLH now that’s a mid-day snack LOL Note that I completely stealing your list for myself (but if you are onboard the Allure in the next few weeks, stop by and get a bite. ? I didn’t know if they bristled about bringing food for more than the occupants (or many more) - while reason suggests food is free, period, so it wouldn’t matter you never know when logic and policy might collide! ?

Lynn

PS I am so hungry now ?