Harmony Stateroom layout

new2cruise

It's hard to say.  There are two different layouts: one where the bed is closest to the balcony and one where the couch is.  

Essentially, they alternate.  So cabin one, the bed will be closest and the next cabin down it will be the couch, the next cabin down the bed will be closest, etc.

So what you can do is find a room on your deck that you definitively know the layout (like via a YouTube video) and then start counting down the deck plan until you reach your room.

I believe the OP's question was whether or not you could still see the ocean if you are in one of the rooms where the bed is near the closets (and the couch is closest to the sliding doors).

The answer is, "yes" you can still see the ocean but not nearly as well.  Also, IMO the staterooms that have this configuration are more likely to experience traffic bottleneck issues.  Since the bed, which is the longest piece of furniture in the room, is located almost immediately after you enter the room, your choke point is there, near the stateroom door.  With the bed located further away, near the balcony, your chances of having as traffic choke point are diminished.  That's just my experience.  Others may have a different experience.  I have never been in a balcony room on Harmony but I don't think the closets are in the way of the view.

I definitely prefer the bed near the balcony for those 2 reasons :  (1) the traffic flow seems to be less restrictive and (2) you can see the ocean better from the bed when it is near the balcony.

To determine whether your cabin will have the bed near the balcony or near the closets, go to the nearest set of connecting rooms.  "Stand" in the hallway.  The connecting room on "right" is the "right" (bed by the balcony) configuration.  Move toward your room, alternating, "right", "wrong" and what you end up with when you reach your room is the configuration of your room.  MAKE SURE YOU ARE FACING THE CONNECTING ROOMS FROM THE HALLWAY before you determine which cabin is "right" and which one is "wrong".  If you start counting from the ocean orientation you will have it exactly wrong.

Our cabin is 10216.   In the long run we're thinking that the couch by the balcony would be for the best as there will be someone on the couch who may like to go on the balcony during the evening and it would avoid disturbing those on the bed(s).   But regardless we're all just excited to be on a cruise.   Hoping though that the storage/cupboard that's beside the bed doesn't get in the way of the view of the balcony while I'm laying in bed. 

48 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Thru some internet searching, I am 99% correct that the sofa will be by the balcony!

I agree. That room is shown as having a sofa bed.  Rooms with sofa beds have the sofa near the balcony and the bed near the bathroom.  I think the reason for this, and I speak from the experience of having a daughter on the sofa bed twice on Allure, is due to the fact that the space between the sofa bed and the desk is really small and hard to negotiate with the sofa bed out.  Getting from the bed to the bathroom could be difficult if the bed were near the balcony.

In fact there is so little floor space with the sofa bed out that we actually put our packed bags on the balcony the last night of the cruise (we did self disembarkation).