YOLO Book It and Air2Sea tip

Well...I am turning into the "Girl who cried wolf"...we just turned our 169 day dry dock into a 98 day dry dock.  Just booked Indy for NYE 2018!!!!

We've done some pretty "not so wise" things in the past but this booking has got to be "our best" example of "YOLO Book It" to date. Suites and connecting rooms are completely sold out. All 4 of us are cramming into an Ocean View Panoramic cabin (1L). Going to be a very tight squeeze!  Not even close to good value as the cost of the 1L can get me a JS on Indy next NYE (but I am not good at waiting). Airfare is double what we normally pay to fly from DTW to FLL. Definitely a YOLO moment!

The surprise this booking was that airfare was cheaper to book through Air2Sea rather than direct with Delta. Not a huge savings, but $164 cheaper, same flight times, same airline. I always thought Air2Sea would be more for domestic. Worthwhile to check.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well...I am turning into the "Girl who cried wolf"...we just turned our 169 day dry dock into a 98 day dry dock.  Just booked Indy for NYE 2018!!!!

We've done some pretty "not so wise" things in the past but this booking has got to be "our best" example of "YOLO Book It" to date. Suites and connecting rooms are completely sold out. All 4 of us are cramming into an Ocean View Panoramic cabin (1L). Going to be a very tight squeeze!  Not even close to good value as the cost of the 1L can get me a JS on Indy next NYE (but I am not good at waiting). Airfare is double what we normally pay to fly from DTW to FLL. Definitely a YOLO moment!

The surprise this booking was that airfare was cheaper to book through Air2Sea rather than direct with Delta. Not a huge savings, but $164 cheaper, same flight times, same airline. I always thought Air2Sea would be more for domestic. Worthwhile to check.

Woohoo!!!!

14 minutes ago, JSB said:

I think you are right on & Anything sailing even a day before or after will be tough booking?

For sure.  We have filed this into our knowledge box fork future holiday cruises.  We usually book way in advance when bookings first open and have never entertained the option of a Christmas/NY cruise so we waited too long.  I was reading on the roll call for this sailing that the price was not as bad at first.  It has gone up dramatically.  I suspect the same for air fare.  Next time we will look far ahead like we do for most of our cruises.  This is more of a YOLO moment.

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don’t even know how to check A2S prices anymore since they hosed up the website.  Where do you A2S prices now ?

A quick Google search led me here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

and then to here: http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/releaseAllReservations.do?brand=R&jsessionid=aHZEB6Dn80MuzNvUuj2BVfV

I have no clue how you access this from Royal's site. I have a question for you Raye, or maybe @twangster...How far in advance do they release Air2Sea prices? I notice that you can only search to December 2018 right now. I want to look for March 2019.

Just now, Matt said:

Nicely done! Now someone needs to islotate the Periscopes that @@Lovetocruise2002 did where she swore up and down she could not book another cruise.

I give Hubby credit for this one.  One night, a few weeks ago, he said he was craving La Bamba.  Well, I understood that to mean to book another cruise ?