Favorite Alaskan Cruise Excursions?

chelsea

If you like exercise consider the Chilkoot Trail hike and raft trip in Skagway. For a low impact family activity, the White Pass Railway is a good option there.

If you like exercise and beer, the Juneau excursion called Glacier View Bike & Brew is great.

In Victoria, I highly recommend Craigdarroch Castle and Butchart Gardens. We did a private tour for this one and got more time at the Gardens than the RCI tour.

We were in Juneau and Skagway in June. In Juneau we did the whale watch and Mendenhall Glacier which was good. We did see a few whales. Thsi was the excursion and I would recommend it:

image.png.a4e3639bdad0829640410608998d3b29.png

In Skagway we did a combo of panning for gold, salmon bake and the train ride up to the Yukon. Highly recommend the train ride but would NOT do the gold panning and our salmon bake turned into a buffet lunch at the gold panning place which wasn't that good. My "live blog" has more details.

Highly recommend the White Pass train ride in Skagway. In Juneau we rented a car and did a self tour. Visited the Mendenhal glacier, took a scenic drive up the highway to explore Eagle Beach, toured the Salmon hatchery, and hit some of the shops and restaurants in town. A rental gives you freedom to wander at your own pace.