Full Suite Benefits given to OV Panoramic Suite rooms

JLMoran

So this was an interesting development: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/09/20/royal-caribbean-adds-full-suite-benefits-ocean-view-panoramic-suite-stateroom

How are these rooms priced relative to GS and JS rooms on ships like Anthem or Oasis? It's clear from the article that there is a distinction between these rooms and the "regular" spacious panoramic ocean view (category 1L) staterooms; I'm wondering, if they're priced closer to a JS, if it might be worth booking one of those instead of a JS as a way to get full suite benefits without the massive expense of a GS or higher.

Could be a nice way to get the suite experience without completely breaking the bank, especially on itineraries that the Voyager class ships cover that are in cooler climes and a balcony becomes less useful.

I'm not holding my breath that this is any kind of sign that JS rooms will eventually also get full suite benefits. While I seem to recall that the same category of rooms on Celebrity does have that perk (I think it was @twangster who mentioned it on the Celebrity & Azamara section of the boards), I don't know if Royal would want to do that on their budget line.

I'd expect a price increase if for no other reason that providing GS benefits does have a distinct cost - benefits such as suite lounge access and the open bar during happy hour in there or breakfast in Chops.    

JS doesn't map directly to anything on Celebrity.  A JS on Royal is somewhere between Concierge Class and Sky Suite on Celebrity but much closer to Concierge Class depending which ships you are comparing.  Ships that have Panoramic Ocean View Suites don't have a suite restaurant (Coastal Kitchen) so the correlation to Concierge Class is better than it is compared to a Sky Suite on Celebrity where you eat all your meals in a dedicated suite restaurant and have access to a suite lounge (Michael's).  Comparing cabins really comes down to the ships involved.  A JS on Voyager or Freedom class is not the same as it is on Oasis class.  

I am not sure it's fair to call Royal the 'budget' line of the RCCL family.  Inside cabins on Celebrity are not priced very different from Royal.  The Sky and Star Class product in many ways exceeds what has been available on Celebrity prior to Edge and the prices certainly are not 'budget' level prices for these suites.

Royal is suitable for all ages and is very family friendly.  Celebrity is geared towards a more mature audience, not necessarily older, but more developed.  It's not that families with children are not welcome on Celebrity, but Royal ships have much more for them to do.     While Celebrity may be somewhat "Upscale" that doesn't mean Royal is a budget experience.  For that sail Carnival.  No table clothes in the MDR?  Yeah, budget...

IMO, the VP suites are the same as JS without the balcony.  The perks are comparable.  It cannot be compared to a GS or above.  However, @JLMoran, if you really want to book one, book early.  There are usually only two of these per ship and they go fast.

Never mind, just read the post again.  The perks are comparable....but again, only two of them so book early.  And I am going to guess that they will also raise prices.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I am not sure it's fair to call Royal the 'budget' line of the RCCL family.  Inside cabins on Celebrity are not priced very different from Royal.  The Sky and Star Class product in many ways exceeds what has been available on Celebrity prior to Edge and the prices certainly are not 'budget' level prices for these suites.

Sorry, that was my mistake in not correctly remembering the term from this post on cruisehabit; I should have said "mass market" rather than "budget".

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

I am booked on 4 of these suites. The price is a big difference from my original price. I know I am grandfathered in.

Then that answers my question! No panoramic OV suites for me! ?

I have been in pano cabins 3 cruises in the past love them I knew a time would come when the price would go up this general use price of pano rooms was all a price test the only thing is at this point only VP CATEGORY ARE CONSIDERED SUITES I believe the others over time will be considered suites of some kind and command a higher price as far as I know the defining feature is the bunk beds I know that out of all the pano rooms on adventure only 2 are cat VP the rest for now are ocean view this will not last long so experience these while you can I have one of the big ones in nov on adventure but not a suite (no bunk beds)only 2 like mine by design per ship so far but this is a trend I think they will be considering for the Alaskan cruises and possibly new England and Canada where temperature on a balcony is a huge factor but the views are a big part of the experience try them while you can at a reasonable price 

IMG_1745_(1).JPG

IMG_1767.JPG