Nassau 2-Tank Certified SCUBA Dive

Orange Crush

Anyone done the 2-tank Nassau dive offered through Royal Caribbean?  I think it's actually run by Stuart Cove, but it's a different schedule than what you can book directly through them to accommodate the ship's itinerary.

It's $194 per person on cruise planner and I haven't seen it budge all the time I've been watching.  It's high, but not insanely so, and we wouldn't mind spending the money if it's a really great experience, but we wanted to hear what people who have actually gone on it have experienced.  We're definitely doing the Coco Cay dive, so I'm sure we'll meet some other divers on the ship who did the Nassau dive and can tell us about it, but that'll be after we've left Nassau.

Check the age restriction. Last year we were on the Serenade and went to Bonaire. Months before we left port, I tried to book a two tank scuba dive through Royal only to find that over 60 years of age cannot book this excursion. I called the excursion folks and did not get any satisfaction. So, I booked with a local dive shop in Bonaire and had two fantastic dives! :27_sunglasses:

Wow, that's surprising!  We're 35 & 40, but I'm surprised they'd have a hard age limit on something like that.  I can understand health concerns and signing a waiver that you don't have any kind of heart condition or requiring a doctor's not and whatnot--we had to sign something similar to get certified in the first place--but I'd be irked if they just flatly told me no because of an arbitrary age restriction.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - We just got back from the President's Cruise yesterday and my daughter and a friend both did the 2 tank dive in Nassau.  We were thinking it was pretty pricey - but both said it was the most amazing dive day!  They saw tons of sharks (nurse and reef, so no worries).  Both are accomplished divers but have never seen that many large and small sharks up close.  They both highly recommend the dive.  (They were much less enthused with their dive on St. Thomas).