Grand Suite or Loft Suite

Wilmsta

Hi all, looking for a bit of expert advice!!

Looking to book up our honeymoon for November next year, found the itinerary we like the look of and it’s on Oasis OTS.

Now the question, as it’s a special occasion we’re going to splash out a bit and go for either a Grand Suite or Loft Suite. Am I right in thinking the perks are identical so it just come down to personal preference on the choice of cabin?

We’ve had a standard balcony before when we was on Indy (our only cruise to date) so being In a Suite will be totally new to us.

So - Any pros/cons of either? Some LS face the sports court - is that an issue at all? Are the balcony sizes comparable as from the few clips I’ve seen the GS balcony appears bigger - although that might just be my eyes! LS’s are all on deck 17 near the lounge and costal kitchen - is this a big bonus? 

Any tips at all would really be gratefully received Thanks in advance.

Adam

Personally I would go with a loft suite every time.  I've done both on Oasis class.  

L1 loft face the side, L2 loft face the aft.

Some like the aft view and saving a few bucks.  Some prefer the privacy of side facing L1.  Leave your curtain opens even at night sort of thing.  Wake up with amazing views out of the two story windows.

All loft suites are on deck 17.  I like the convenience to Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge.  I was able to easily go get a drink while my lady friend was able to get ready for dinner without me in the cabin or grab her a drink to consume while she got ready.  Small thing but the suite lounge has the best views of any bar/restaurant on the ship.  GS or L1/L2 will get you into there but having to take an elevator every time can be a drag.  When you are on deck 17 it's super convenient for breakfast or dinner (or drinks).  

The two level loft suites are a 'must do' if it's in your budget.  GS is nice enough, but they just don't have that WOW! factor that loft suites have from the moment you open the door for the first time.

For a honeymoon I'd go loft suite.  L1 if you can swing it, or L2 if you like to people watch.

Oh yeah - Congratulations!

Loft suite without a doubt!  I use to think that the L2s would be too busy for me but after reading this blog by @bellemiche, it doesn't look that bad at all.  I guess for me it would depend on the price difference.  I would prefer the ocean view but if the price difference is $1000 (which it is for my Harmony March 2019 cruise), I would take the sports court view.

The balcony is definitely wider with the GS, and you have loungers and a dining table/chairs.  With the loft suites, there is less furniture.  But I would personally say that less furniture and smaller balcony is a good trade off for the WOW factor of the loft and being on Deck 17.

3 hours ago, Wilmsta said:

Hi all, looking for a bit of expert advice!!

Looking to book up our honeymoon for November next year, found the itinerary we like the look of and it’s on Oasis OTS.

Now the question, as it’s a special occasion we’re going to splash out a bit and go for either a Grand Suite or Loft Suite. Am I right in thinking the perks are identical so it just come down to personal preference on the choice of cabin?

We’ve had a standard balcony before when we was on Indy (our only cruise to date) so being In a Suite will be totally new to us.

So - Any pros/cons of either? Some LS face the sports court - is that an issue at all? Are the balcony sizes comparable as from the few clips I’ve seen the GS balcony appears bigger - although that might just be my eyes! LS’s are all on deck 17 near the lounge and costal kitchen - is this a big bonus? 

Any tips at all would really be gratefully received Thanks in advance.

Adam

Adam- GS might be “bigger” but the loft suites are special! There’s no way I would recommend choosing a GS over a loft (regardless of sports court view off back or ocean view on side) under any circumstance. The 17th deck is where it’s at, especially for a honeymoon. 

We loved our CL suite on Oasis! Deck 17 is very quiet and private -- also very convenient to Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge. We were aft facing and had the best sleeps we've ever had on a cruise! We will be on Harmony in March and have a grand suite, but I regularly check to see what the price difference is to upgrade to a CL. ?

We were in LS rm 1756 last June on the Oasis and I would chose the LS.  1756 is close to the elevator and like others have said,  the convenience to the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge was worth it.  The large walk in shower with two shower heads and a rain shower head in the center was really nice. Also a room close to the elevators had no noise factor.  Congrats and good luck in the future

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

You do, and lots of them, to provide all those little envelopes that will pay for the trip! ??

Ah yes thats a good point - i knew there must be an upside somewhere ?

We only completed our first ever cruise on Indy in the summer. Now we've already one booked for early next year on Adventure and soon to book this one for the Honeymoon.  It's an addictive habit this cruising business!!  

Just now, JLMoran said:

Just don't start reading @twangster's live blogs. You'll wake up one morning wondering why your credit card is showing 5 more booking deposits and a B&H Photo order for $1,500 of new camera gear. ?

Haha - I've read @twangster blogs - and been in awe of those pictures too! I managed to ruin my DSLR body earlier in the year,..sob sob!