Halloween

Nancymc

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pinging @CGTLH as he has been on a few Halloween cruises.  But this post confuses me as I thought Splendour was no longer in service?

It is --- it kind of threw me too --- I'm wondering if they meant Serenade .... or perhaps the Carnaival Splendour..... hmmmm

Done Halloween on Enchantment, Freedom, and Oasis. With Mariner on the books for next year.

Always been a fun time. On Enchantment they randomly pulled dressed up folks to join in the 70's/Halloween party. Freedom and Oasis they held a costume contest down the Promenade.

All ships had some decorations up and plenty of both guests and crew members dressed up. As @arebee mentioned people will go all out with costumes. 

I've said it a few times, Halloween onboard should be something experienced at least once.

Hi All,

Looks like a good thread for me to jump in on.  Total newbie here, never cruised, my first post on this board.  Booked on Anthem to Bermuda for 5 nights on 10/13 with a bunch of my wife's family, only 2 of our group of 9 have ever cruised before and everyone is beside themselves excited.

This is not a joke, not a troll post.  In the words of George Costanza, this is all too real and I can prove it if I have to.

My wife has a new chicken costume and wants to wear it on board.  I don't want her to wear it ever, but no better place to do it than outside the country surrounded by strangers I suppose.

Is there any sort of lead in to Halloween?  I see from the other posts that on a Halloween cruise, the staff and crew will dress up, etc.  Will they do so on the weeks leading in to Halloween as well?

I'm asking this question for the benefit of her daughter and myself.  She doesn't care if she's the only one on the RC fleet dressed up and in fact, she'd probably be happier if she were.  I simply want to know how bad this is going to be.

I'm begging someone to tell me that yes, there will be many folks in costume.  And if not, and anyone else is going to be on this cruise, have some mercy on me and bring a costume too.

Thanks to all in advance.

Just now, Broons77 said:

Is there any sort of lead in to Halloween?  I see from the other posts that on a Halloween cruise, the staff and crew will dress up, etc.  Will they do so on the weeks leading in to Halloween as well?

My understanding is Halloween events are limited to cruise that actually sail on Oct 31

11 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Booked on Anthem to Bermuda for 5 nights on 10/13 with a bunch of my wife's family, only 2 of our group of 9 have ever cruised before and everyone is beside themselves excited.

Hey there @Broons77, welcome to the boards! A few of us are on the same sailing, we're making something of an unofficial group cruise out of it. Glad to have you joining us!

Unfortunately, none of us plan to be dressing up (well, except on formal night when I'll actually be wearing a suit for one of my maybe 3 or 4 times a year).

2 hours ago, Matt said:

As others noted, Splendour of the Seas is no longer in RC's fleet. Did you mean a different ship?

I think @Nancymc may have been either referring to Serenade of the Seas (12 night Southern Caribbean cruise scheduled on October 28th from Boston) or Symphony of the Seas (12 night Transatlantic cruise from Barcelona on October 28th).

(Sorry, I got nosy and googled LOL.)

26 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

As @Matt mentioned, no major lead in. Sometimes some decorations might be up when boarding.

Case of Oasis last year nothing was put up until late the 30th/early hours of the 31st. Know some of the bars as they closed down were putting up decorations. As they closed post Halloween the decorations came down.

Now from what I've heard, the crew has one heck of a party during the 31st/1st period.

Just now, Nancymc said:

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post .... and yes I did give wrong ship name !! We are sailing on the “serenade of the seas”. 

I am on that sailing as well!  Quite a few my my CC roll call are dressing up.  We are not sure yet if we are though.  We've sailed over Halloween twice before; it's always a lot of fun!