Dubai Cruises with RCI

Bootiecat

We were in Dubai about a year and a half ago on I think the Splendor of the Seas on one of its last voyages as an Rc ship. We stayed in Dubai for an extra day thanks to bad weather in DC cancelling our flight.

there were lots of people selling tourist services at the hotel we stayed at. We hired a driver to show us Dubai. I didn't want to see the malls. 

We went to historic fort. That was interesting. We saw the entrances of some over the top hotels. I want some of the full sized gold colored horses!

we took the rail line out to Palm Island. I was a little slow in realizing that the houses and waterways seen from above were what we were gazing at from the train.

we drove past the royal residences. You couldn't really see anything.

we went past all the car dealerships... 

We drove around the business district with the Burj Calif at night. The photos don't do it justice.

the bonus day in Dubai, we got instructions on using the light rail line. We went to both ends to see everything. We went to the mall that has the ski slope and the penguins. Walked around downtown.

there were camel rides and dune buggy experiences for sale. If we had time, I would have done a sailing on one of the traditional vessels.

have a great time.

• 10 months later...

This thread is already dead but I'll try to bring some life to it.

Me and my wife is considering going on a cruise from Dubai with Jewel of the Seas. We have some cruise experiences with Royal Caribbeans other bigger ships in the Caribbean but this would be the first one in a different place and with a smaller ship.

Can someone who have been on a cruise in Dubai tell about their experiences? Are there a lot of local Arabs as guests on the ship? How do they act towards a white christian, might we experience any racism from the other guests on board? Do the other (Muslim) guest stop what they are doing and start praying towards Mecca on the ship several times per day? Are my wife and I allowed to hold hands or kiss in public on the ship? Is it socially accepted to drink alcohol on the ship? Are there any special dress code my wife should be aware of? Any tips or advice is appreciated.