Can't Book Shows on Symphony

goldmaes

Is anyone going on the Thanksgiving cruise on the Symphony of the Seas departing Nov 17?  Can you book Entertainment?  It still shows me it isn't available.  I have been on multiple Oasis class ships and have always been able to book at least 90 days out and usually about 120.  60 days out and no booking is a bit strange.  Thanks.

We have a large group from this blog going on that sailing as part of a Royal Caribbean Blog group cruise: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/event/royalcaribbeanblog-cruise-aboard-symphony-of-the-seas

And no, entertainment is not available to book yet.  It is unusual, but then again, this is a new ship and it's a bit of an outlier situation. Don't worry, it will eventually become available.

We are sailing the transatlantic on Symphony, end of Oct.  Shows are available, should we book in advance?  Do we really run the risk of them all being full and not getting to see some of them?  BTW, who is the Cruise Director for the Transatlantic?  I've read over that blog post but can't follow it to a specific cruise.  Thanks

48 minutes ago, Jeff-n-Terri said:

We are sailing the transatlantic on Symphony, end of Oct.  Shows are available, should we book in advance?  Do we really run the risk of them all being full and not getting to see some of them?  BTW, who is the Cruise Director for the Transatlantic?  I've read over that blog post but can't follow it to a specific cruise.  Thanks

Just keep in mind that all of the special events for the thanksgiving cruise related to Royal Caribbean Blog group are solely for those who book thru the sponsored travel agent.

I think the CD might be Abe.

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I wonder if the delay has to do with the turnover with the Cruise Director.  Abe is taking over November 9th right around that time of the GC.  I was under the impression that it's the CD who determines the release of that stuff.

My guess is the shift to US from Europe has all sorts of ramifications for their entertainment schedule, so it's not "more of the same" from a planning standpoint.

5 hours ago, Jeff-n-Terri said:

TA CD is Bobby Brown. Abe takes over on November 9th. He posted it on FB a while back.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

TA CD is Bobby Brown. Abe takes over on November 9th. He posted it on FB a while back.

Abe is awesome!!  We had him on the 1st Thanksgiving cruise on the Harmony in 2016.  Then we had him last year on the Freedom for 2017 Thanksgiving. And now again on the Symphony Thanksgiving cruise 2018!!!

44 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Abe is awesome!!  We had him on the 1st Thanksgiving cruise on the Harmony in 2016.  Then we had him last year on the Freedom for 2017 Thanksgiving. And now again on the Symphony Thanksgiving cruise 2018!!!

You are super lucky! I seem to keep missing him and Marc Walker.