European football/soccer with cruise?

Baked Alaska

I know this is a long shot, BUT! Has anybody on these boards ever looked into trying to hit a European football/soccer match, either pre or post cruise? Would be interested in why you did or did not purchase or go through with the match. Thinking UEFA: Premier, League 1, Serie A, La Liga, etc. I hear crickets. . . . 

Off the top off my head (and only places I've actually visited) both Southampton (Premier League) and Barcelona (La Liga and Champions League) are do-able.  Both are departing cruise ports and the stadiums are not too far away from the city centers.

For Barcelona you can book tickets in advance directly on the club's website as this is exactly what we did this time last year (for a Champions League game in December) and Barcelona is also a wonderful city to visit.

Southampton would be a little trickier in terms of timings (football is played outside of the summer months whereas majority of cruises from Southampton are indeed in the summer months - but the shoulder seasons would make it be possible. 

Out of the two tho - it would be a no brainer for me,  Barcelona has so much more to offer.