VOOM reduced price

kjw83

Does the VOOM price ever go lower than 40% off?  I just saw that its at 11.99 a day and wondered if I should get it now or if it will likely go lower? We don`t sail until April so I have time to wait. I was going to use my onboard credit to pay for it, so I`m not sure how it all works if I buy this now and it goes lower and I want to cancel and get the lower price? Is my credit automatically applied to the new purchase?

58 minutes ago, LWG_UK said:

Our Deluxe Beverage package was $56 without VOOM  + Surf, $63 with - $7 per day extra to include it, worth it if you are getting the Beverage package (unless we've overpaid for DBP?)

I would never pay $56 without VOOM.  But then again I don't ever get the BP anymore.  $56 is more like the ONBOARD price.  Internet pricing for BP is more in the $42-45 range usually.  

5 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

I would never pay $56 without VOOM.  But then again I don't ever get the BP anymore.  $56 is more like the ONBOARD price.  Internet pricing for BP is more in the $42-45 range usually.  

It a NY cruise and our first one on Oasis of the Seas - been tracking the prices of BP and it has only fluctuated by $3 since we started looking in June. WIll maybe see what happens around Black Friday as per other ops posts

5 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

15 minutes ago, LWG_UK said:

It a NY cruise and our first one on Oasis of the Seas - been tracking the prices of BP and it has only fluctuated by $3 since we started looking in June. WIll maybe see what happens around Black Friday as per other ops posts

If your sailing is for 2019, then that price is right around the ball park.  Drink package prices went up quite a bit for 2019 sailings.  The past year or so, you could get a drink package usually for about $42-48/day.  All my cruises for 2019 are sitting at $52-$60/day and that is without VOOM.  My advice would be to purchase now, if you can swing it, and check for price drops and re-price it later.  There is always the chance that prices go up as well.

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If your sailing is for 2019, then that price is right around the ball park.  Drink package prices went up quite a bit for 2019 sailings.  The past year or so, you could get a drink package usually for about $42-48/day.  All my cruises for 2019 are sitting at $52-$60/day and that is without VOOM.  My advice would be to purchase now, if you can swing it, and check for price drops and re-price it later.  There is always the chance that prices go up as well.

I'll agree with @Lovetocruise2002 as our drink package prices have also gone up for 2019.   $52 seems to be the cheapest I've seen too.

6 hours ago, LWG_UK said:

Our Deluxe Beverage package was $56 without VOOM  + Surf, $63 with - $7 per day extra to include it, worth it if you are getting the Beverage package (unless we've overpaid for DBP?)

I look at the math a bit differently.  The cheapest I've seen Voom for 1 is $10.79, that means you paid about $52 for the deluxe beverage package.  So far that seems to be a good price for 2109.  You can always cancel and rebook if another sale has it cheaper.  

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Mel, curious, did you purchase the drink package and VOOM for your Thanksgiving Indy sailing?  And if so, mind sharing how much?

This is pre-Thanksgiving cruise (get back on Thanksgiving Day) so may not be considered a holiday sailing which may be why everything seems to be a good deal. 

Voom was $10.79 for 1 and $29.99 for 4 devices.  Have never seen the price for 4 devices that low!  

Drink package not a great deal at $47 but it was the cheapest I've seen for this cruise.

By far the cheapest prices for Labadee excursions too.   

47 minutes ago, melski94 said:

I'll agree with @Lovetocruise2002 as our drink package prices have also gone up for 2019.   $52 seems to be the cheapest I've seen too.

I look at the math a bit differently.  The cheapest I've seen Voom for 1 is $10.79, that means you paid about $52 for the deluxe beverage package.  So far that seems to be a good price for 2109.  You can always cancel and rebook if another sale has it cheaper.  

That's sort of how I looked at the maths - makes the drinks package cheaper :1_grinning: