RJAC & Hurricane Florence update

rjac

I want to thank all of you for your prayers, well wishes, thoughts and concerns, I really appreciate it.  The hurricane is over and GONE! It was rough for a couple of days. It started raining hard with high winds Thursday 9/13 and we lost power that evening. The winds picked up all day as well as the rain. Friday was pretty much the same,high winds, rain and crap flying all over the place outside. Saturday the wind and rain subsided and I could get outside and start cleaning up. Today (Sunday) very little wind and no rain, clean up continued and will do so for a few more days (my lot is almost an acre with many trees). Power came on about 4:00 pm, YEAH! I was getting tired of those cold showers and warm beer! Had some damage to about 40% of my roofing shingles, so a new roof is in order. Have already contacted a roofer and my insurance folks. 

We have been through a lot of hurricanes, but this was the worst. The folks that live downtown New Bern got hid really hard. This was just a small tRjacaste of what the folks in New Orleans, Texas and San Juan experienced. Just glad it is over!

Thanks again folks, greatly appreciated.:27_sunglasses:

Rjac