First Cruise now Second & Boarding

new2cruise

Had a fantastic time on my first cruise ever on Oasis of the Seas and it was fantastic.  Thought it would be ages before I could get on another but next ne is booked although its just over a year away, at least I know when next one will be.    This time we'll be gold on Crown & Anchor.  I can't remember exactly the order though.  I'm assuming that since gold is where you start, we'll be second last to be called to board?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think @new2cruise is talking about boarding the ship, after completing the check-in.

Oh,  well as long as the upper crust is checked in its a free for all....   Even as gold, the wait wasn't long unless the ship isn't ready and that only happened once to us in Tampa (fog, late arrival).  I did notice in Port Canaveral  they assign numbers to the people in the first timers line and board them by that number after all the C&A's are boarded.

I think Royal does a very good boarding their ships.  When Oasis was first conceived they spent a lot of time considering how to board so many people and that research has benefited other ships in the Royal fleet as well.  

Other cruise lines with half as many guests have chaos during boarding.  Even as a gold you will get on board fairly quickly once boarding commences.  As others have said, arrive early if you can, soon after 10am regardless what 'appointment' time you have.