Increase Price in Deluxe Beverage Pkg?

JSB

2 hours ago, JSB said:

It appears the deluxe beverage price on Harmony of the seas has increased to $59 + tips - Got any info?

It is $60/day on my March 2019 Harmony sailing.  Prices will vary depending on sailing. It is not standard.  And they will go up and down.  Purchase when it is at a price that you can handle.  Then check regularly for sales and re-price if it goes cheaper.  Usually you will see sales closer (3-4 months out) to the sailing.  Black Friday sometimes has the best sale.

Your better of booking when the free drink package offer is not on. I had a price for 2 weeks on explorer next September for £2,400 for 2 ppl. Within a day of the prom changing to free drinks the price for the same room went up to £3,800. Your better off booking when they have free wifi, parking or gratuities and buying  He drinks package seperate.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, JSB said:

It appears the deluxe beverage price on Harmony of the seas has increased to $59 + tips - Got any info?

Book it now, and then check back every couple of weeks until your cruise.  If you see the price drop, cancel and rebook.  You can do this as many times as you like until a couple days before your cruise.  They charge your card right away, but also refund it back as soon as you cancel.  I've seen drink packages as low as $45, which is what I paid for my upcoming October cruise.

It's just really random whenever the discounts will magically appear & don't count on an email showing up and letting you know.  You have to check yourself.  It's a strange game Royal Caribbean plays.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, JSB said:

Just wanted to note that there is no fleet wide or ship specific price of drink packages. They vary from ship to ship, and sailing to sailing.

OK. So, the deluxe beverage package goes up and down but I wonder if the individual drink prices on the ships fluctuate as well? For instance, if the price of the deluxe beverage package goes up for a particular cruise, does the corresponding (non-package) individual drink price, on that cruise, also go up and the same if they go down?

1 hour ago, kontraxed said:

OK. So, the deluxe beverage package goes up and down but I wonder if the individual drink prices on the ships fluctuate as well? For instance, if the price of the deluxe beverage package goes up for a particular cruise, does the corresponding (non-package) individual drink price, on that cruise, also go up and the same if they go down?

The bar menus are preprinted so no, they won't fluctuate.  The only drinks that could would have to be ones not on paper. They can't reprint them over and over.

1 hour ago, kontraxed said:

I’d guess the fluctuations are based partly on lead time before sail date, partly on current demand, and partly on whatever quota they might have to meet for each sailing. For sure the prices get more consistently lower as it gets closer to sail date; saw this on both of my cruises so far, where prices started in the mid-50s and were down to $42-$45 pp/pn when it was within a couple of months and sales were active.

It’s been reported that only a small percentage of people buy the package on any sailing, but it’s also a reported revenue driver each quarter as part of total pre-cruise purchases. Royal may have quotas they set to make sure they’re meeting forecast goals for those pre-cruise purchases so they don’t miss an earnings announcement.

Hi, you seem to have a good handle on the workings of RC,  I hope you’re on the money for this almost fully booked sailing? I will keep checking for the next few months but this time it looks like they just raised the price just to give the appearance of a larger % discount down  the road.

13 minutes ago, JSB said:

I will keep checking for the next few months but this time it looks like they just raised the price just to give the appearance of a larger % discount down  the road.

Honestly, don't pay any attention to the % number given. First, because it's not based off the Cruise Planner old pricing, it's based off the (not known until boarding day) on-board rate to buy. That's generally been in the neighborhood of $65 pp/pn.

Second, you don't want to pay attention to the % because it's really all just "fuzzy math". They constantly adjust the on-board price for each sailing, so the percentage will vary even when the dollar number pp/pn on Cruise Planner holds steady.

As others have said, just buy now if you can pay the current rate, and then if a lower rate comes you can just cancel it and immediately repurchase at the lower rate. If you still have a few months, I'd definitely keep an eye out for sales next month and on Black Friday to start showing some better rates. May not go as low as the $42 pp/pn I've seen since you're on Harmony, but even on my upcoming Anthem cruise (still-popular ship going to a popular destination) it was stuck at $55 for months, then around early August (two months 'til sail date), it shot down to the same $42 I got on Freedom last April.

17 minutes ago, mworkman said:

This is the lowest i've ever seen a drink package go for....anyone seen it lower that this?

WOW! If I ever see that price, I'm doing a Cancel/Re-Book on the DBP ASAP!

That means that the "Standard" price is lower than $50 which is pretty much unheard of, too. I was lucky enough to snag a $42 deal once a couple years ago.

We are on the NAV 18-22 Nov and our drink package price is $45 PP/PD.  I'm thinking about just waiting until I'm on board and checking out the D+ discount.  I've never tried using that before.  Also, very interesting that they are apparently "sold out" of specialty dining packages for this sailing.  First time I've ever heard of anything like that.  My guess is that b/c it is Thanksgiving week they aren't offering any packages just like they do for the Christmas + NY cruise we're on in December.  That seems a little arbitrary to me since there is really only 1 holiday and that's the last day.  Whatever.  The MDR has great food.  I'll just save my money.

On board pricing has been $63 plus 18% for several cruises lately.  That's up from $55 last year as the onboard price.  

On 9/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, kontraxed said:

OK. So, the deluxe beverage package goes up and down but I wonder if the individual drink prices on the ships fluctuate as well? 

Yes, but it depends.  Kraken is 25% more expensive on Mariner compared to other ships before and after Mariner.  Unless you do a Kraken Lavaflow then the price is the same on Mariner.  Other common drinks were the same prices as other ships.  It's not bound to the drink package price, each ship can set prices for many things independently.  

Just when you think you find a consistency, you board a different ship and it's different. 

Ship's operate as their own profit centers.  Many have onboard revenue managers whose job it is to see that the ship maximizes profit.  They are independent and even Voom pricing on board can vary across the fleet.  

Some ships sell more of this compared to that.  Some itineraries consume more X type of alcohol, wine or beer compared to a different itinerary.  The ship's are independently accountable to make a profit.  This can have good and bad effects on the guest experience.  

So this past weekends "SALE" is now over and yet the beverage package on my sailing is showing the same price without the 15% banner hanging on it.  

I know Sales are a marketing ploy but it just looks silly when you put 15% off, 59.00 then 2 days later 59.00 with 0% off.

Looks like all the prices from this weekends sale stayed the same without the sale.