Port Liberty Porters at Customs

chrisd596

Not sure they are called "porters", but as your approach Customs, many guests on the cruise have them "help" take their luggage.

As a bonus, they all avoid the larger lines at customs. 

How much is the suggested tip for a "porter" to expedite  and help you with say 2 med-large suitcases and 2 smaller ones...(just me and my wife)???

I know they also wait while you get your car from the garage and load it up.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Chris

HI Chris , we just got back from Port Liberty Sunday.  You can grab a porter where you pick up your luggage prior to getting into the custom lines.  YOu really need to make sure one of the workers there flags one as a lot of them are still taking luggage off the ship.  If you really have a lot of can't handle it, I highly recommend them.  They will take you where you will need to stand while someone picks up your car. (you don't pay for the parking till you are leaving so you have to hold onto your ticket).  They are quite helpful!  We had no line through customs but we were in a suite so we wee one of the first off. Hope this helps!

40 minutes ago, chrisd596 said:

How much is the suggested tip for a "porter" to expedite  and help you with say 2 med-large suitcases and 2 smaller ones...(just me and my wife)???

$1-2 a bag is probably standard.

I use porters every time.  Worth every penny for me not to lug the stuff around. Plus in some ports, they get you through quicker via special lines.