Purchasing wine with dining plan

41m33

I've read the fine print about our 3 night dining plan and I've noted that we can purchase bottles of wine under $100 at 40% off. Does anyone know the average price of a bottle of wine? Where on the ship can I make a purchase? Can I drink from my bottle anywhere on the ship or just in the MDR? Thanks!

1 hour ago, 41m33 said:

Does anyone know the average price of a bottle of wine?

Prices vary considerably. A cheap bottle will probably cost $30-40 and the prices go up from there.

1 hour ago, 41m33 said:

Where on the ship can I make a purchase?

Any bar or restaurant that stocks it can offer it.  Main dining room, specialty restaurants, Vintages.

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

A cheap bottle will probably cost $30-40 and the prices go up from there.

And note that in this case "cheap" is very relative. A lot of those $30-40 bottles on the ship are ones I can get on land for $8-9. So if it's a variety of wine you know and have bought before, you may want to do the mental math to see how the price works out after the discount compared to land price, and decide if that price is OK relative to your opinion of that wine.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

And note that in this case "cheap" is very relative. A lot of those $30-40 bottles on the ship are ones I can get on land for $8-9. So if it's a variety of wine you know and have bought before, you may want to do the mental math to see how the price works out after the discount compared to land price, and decide if that price is OK relative to your opinion of that wine.

That's true, but 3-4x markup for a bottle of wine in any restaurant is quite normal.