Nonrefundable deposit question

ABFrenchie

Last year while on a RC cruise, I put a $500 nonrefundable deposit down on a May 2019 sailing of Symphony.  I know the deposit is nonrefundable, but what about transferrable?  We may be going on an Alaskan family cruise at that time instead (not on RC). Can we use that deposit we already put down on a different Symphony sailing date? 

Thanks! 

You can change your booking to another date, but because the original booking was NRD you'll be assessed a per-person change fee against the original deposit, which will be held as future cruise credit to use within a year and which IIRC can't be applied to the new booking. I want to say it's $100 pp, but @Lovetocruise2002 or @twangster, with their encylopedic knowledge of all things NRD, can confirm that along with the rest.

So yes, assuming you have 2 people on the Symphony reservation, you will lose $200 completely (change fee) and the remaining $300 will be in the form of a Future Cruise Credit.  The FCC will in the the name of those in the original reservation and only they can use it.  If you have the same guests going to Alaska, then you are good.  Also, the FCC has an expiry of 1 year from the date of issue (usually).  Hope that helps.