3 night dining package

firebuck

Hi all - I just snagged the 3 night dining package for $68 PP on the cruise planner sale today.  We're sailing on Anthem in 50 days.  I'm just curious to hear experiences from past Anthem cruisers with the dining packages - specifically, how difficult is it to change/make reservations?  I know it all depends on your specific sailings, and sometimes they're trying hard to get people in to the specialty restaurants... I just want to make sure I get to eat at Chops, Jamie's and possibly Wonderland (if I'm feeling adventurous)

Thanks for your replies!

On 9/7/2018 at 10:00 AM, firebuck said:

I just snagged the 3 night dining package for $68 PP on the cruise planner sale today

Never sailed Anthem, but keep checking your cruise planner frequently.  I've seen the 3-night packages as low as $60. (No announced "sale" just suddenly cheaper for a couple days and then back up to the higher price).  It pays to keep checking semi-obsessively, not only when there's a "sale" going on.

Just now, carlosalonsor said:

I booked this package on Harmony a few weeks ago. The first thing I did when I boarded was going to the Speciality Dining desk that was located on the Main Dining Room. 

There was no line, and I was able to make my reservations on the day and time I wanted.

That's been my go-to strategy too

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing on Anthem at Thanksgiving and I have yet to see the dining package come up in cruise planner. I didnt want to miss out on my usual favorites so I went ahead and booked and paid for specialty dinners already. Is there a rule of thumb on this? I booked the cruise in january and have religiously checked for when the dining packages will come up but I have yet to see it. 

2 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Sailing on Anthem at Thanksgiving and I have yet to see the dining package come up in cruise planner. I didnt want to miss out on my usual favorites so I went ahead and booked and paid for specialty dinners already. Is there a rule of thumb on this? I booked the cruise in january and have religiously checked for when the dining packages will come up but I have yet to see it. 

I'm sure @Matt will clarify, but I feel like I've seen somewhere that they do not offer the dining packages during holiday cruises over Thanksgiving and Christmas - possibly even New Years?  I'd think by now that if the packages were going to be offered, they'd have shown up in your cruise planner.

4 hours ago, firebuck said:

I'm sure @Matt will clarify, but I feel like I've seen somewhere that they do not offer the dining packages during holiday cruises over Thanksgiving and Christmas - possibly even New Years?  I'd think by now that if the packages were going to be offered, they'd have shown up in your cruise planner.

I concur.  No dining package on my Grandeur Christmas +NY cruise or on my Navigator Thanksgiving cruise.  

5 hours ago, firebuck said:

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I concur.  No dining package on my Grandeur Christmas +NY cruise or on my Navigator Thanksgiving cruise.  

Zero dining packages available on our Indy NY cruise as well.  There is however a special NYE dinner at Chops or Giovanni's (can't remember which one) for $79pp.  We are passing on that one.  Not worth it.