Setsail Pass

Pooch

2 hours ago, Matt said:

One for the whole reservation.  It should list everyone on there.

Do be aware this can vary from ship to ship. For my trip on Freedom last April, that was the case. But I just double-checked my Anthem SetSail Pass, and while it has a small section on the left in micro-print that lists both my wife and me for the onboard spending account, the main section on the right where everything was very large and readable only listed my name along with the cabin number, muster station, etc. I had to print the one specifically listed for my wife in the online checkin area before I had a SetSail Pass with her name writ large in that right-side section.

Hmmm, I only see one spot to print a Setsail Pass.  Where did you find one specifically for another passenger?  My name is listed on the upper left as the Primary Pass Holder with their names listed later on the page.  I also have to sign on behalf of everyone the cruise contract and on board charging.  Last page has an image of a luggage tag although it indicates it isn't the "real" luggage tag.  Don't see a Muster station listed anywhere unless its the A on the fake luggage tag?  I don't have a right section with anything on it. 

55 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Hmmm, I only see one spot to print a Setsail Pass.  Where did you find one specifically for another passenger?  My name is listed on the upper left as the Primary Pass Holder with their names listed later on the page.  I also have to sign on behalf of everyone the cruise contract and on board charging.  Last page has an image of a luggage tag although it indicates it isn't the "real" luggage tag.  Don't see a Muster station listed anywhere unless its the A on the fake luggage tag?  I don't have a right section with anything on it. 

Like I said, it varies from ship to ship. The key is when you go into Online Checkin, see if each passenger has a "Print" button in their SetSail Pass column. On my Freedom cruise, only my row had a button for that, whereas on this Anthem sailing I see a button in both my row and my wife's row. Here's a pair of screen shots from that Freedom sailing I had uploaded for a post when I was trying to figure this out myself. Note how there's only one "Print" button that has all four passenger names here.

5a5931f254b6c_OnlineCheck-InScreenShot.thumb.png.acf302141f13a5afc0fe158505031b6b.png5a593286747d0_OnlineCheck-InScreenShot2.thumb.png.93c2839b414bab36c0c05d5d7ebdfb1a.png

Now here's my online checkin view for Anthem. Note how both my wife and I have separate print buttons for our SetSail Passes:

1582264007_AnthemOnlineCheckin.thumb.png.f684257f25c644b43f163061e9c8fd6c.png

So just look at how many Print buttons you have, and that will be the clue. ?

11 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

Ok. Now tell me where to find the “real” luggage tags. I was told they would be available 49 days before sailing but I can’t find them. 

Mine only came available at 47 days for my Anthem cruise, 45 days for my Freedom one. Give it a couple more days. When you can download your eDocs, that means the luggage tags are ready (always the last page of the eDocs file).

43 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

Ok. Now tell me where to find the “real” luggage tags. I was told they would be available 49 days before sailing but I can’t find them. 

You can print luggage tags from your SetSail pass (there is also a button to print just the luggage tags too on the check-in page).

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You can print luggage tags from your SetSail pass (there is also a button to print just the luggage tags too on the check-in page).

LOL Are you talking about those little ones that say "They are not real luggage tags"? I guess if you need them bad enough you could enlarger them, print and go!

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 4.28.23 PM.png

12 minutes ago, mworkman said:

LOL Are you talking about those little ones that say "They are not real luggage tags"? I guess if you need them bad enough you could enlarger them, print and go!

We had to do that on our Grandeur cruise in July as we could not get to the cruise docs to get to the real tags.  They worked fine !

Well, now I see what's going on with the expedited check in procedure for Grandeur.  The Set Sail Pass is now just the bare basics, a single sheet that must be printed for each passenger.  I'm attaching mine for my upcoming October cruise (with personal info covered)  This is new to me. 

1536197461181354033824580159794.jpg

10 hours ago, coneyraven said:

Well, now I see what's going on with the expedited check in procedure for Grandeur.  The Set Sail Pass is now just the bare basics, a single sheet that must be printed for each passenger.  I'm attaching mine for my upcoming October cruise (with personal info covered)  This is new to me. 

1536197461181354033824580159794.jpg

What you show here is exactly what I have for my SetSail passes. Exact same layout, same content on the right side. Only difference is that with mine, the left-side block includes both of our names in two rows of micro-print just below the "Be Ready for Your Arrival" block.

15 hours ago, Mljstr said:

The “not real” luggage tags are all I see on the Set Sail pass. I ‘ll wait a few more days for the real ones to appear. I have snazzy new plastic RCCL luggage tags protectors I am anxious to use. ?

Hah!  I bought the same thing.  How geeky is it that it made me smile just putting my printed out luggage tags into those silly pieces of plastic??? ? 

3 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Then we are ALL geeky!  I check the site every day even though I am at least a week away from E-docs.  Maybe they will put mine up early. 

I'm the same way ...... Day 49 (Today for Me) is one of those marquee days, like Double-Digit Day, Day 90 Final Payment Day, etc.

We are at Day 45 and have our snorkeling stuff out and ordered new stuff from Amazon and added to the pile of goodies.  So need this vacation!  Need ink in printer and then ready to print set sail passes and luggage tickets.  Love the plastic sleeves for the luggage tags.  Used them on our last cruise.

Unable to control my urge to know, I called RCCL rep and inquired about the expected availability of the edocuments as I had expected them on day 49. I was told they begin emailing them out on the 49th day but they could come day 45 or 40 even 30.  This is just irritating. ?

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

I often don't check or print mine until about 20-30 days out. One less piece of paper to lose or forget where I put it. 

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

If I had as many cruises to keep up as you so would I! I, on the other hand, like to get things done as soon as possible so it doesn’t slip through the cracks. I keep paper copies organized in my handy dandy special cruise only folder. So I just pick it up and go out the door. I know life sometimes gets in the way so I need to do things ASAP. It’s part of the fun for me. 

41 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Just got an Email notification that mine are ready.  We are at 48 days today.  And its 19 pages long, some of which are, IMHO, worthless.  Do you actually print the whole thing??

Nope, I just open up my print dialog and tell it to print whatever page #(s) has the luggage tag(s). That's the only page from eDoc that matters, honestly, since your SetSail Pass isn't in there.