1. 1. Will The Navigator Get Sky Pad

2. 2. What New Food Venue Will Be Added

• Hooked SeaFood
    • Playmakers Sports Bar
    • A New Venue
  3. 3. Will It Get An Escape Room

This poll is closed to new votes

56 minutes ago, wville21 said:

If you check out the link below it shows the upcoming deck plans. You can check each deck in the dropdown box. That should show you where everything is going to be on the ship.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/navigator-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1845/02

Nice find !!  Lots of very interesting changes.

They're getting Hooked, Playmakers, El Loco Fresh and Bamboo Room.

The Concierge Lounge is turning into a Suites Lounge (certainly expected this one)

Johnny Rockets is moving from Deck 12 down to Deck 11 and will be a JR Express

This is going to be GREAT !

I would be HIGHLY shocked if it became a free food option.  That would require RC to pay the corporate owners of Johnny Rockets for their product when they already have passengers paying for it.  My guess would be it is going to be a smaller venue for to go options only. Quick lunch/snacks, things like that. Less space for a full sit down restaurant that probably isn't as busy as most. Opens up area for new things.

I'm sure someone will be on it sooner, but I'll be on Navigator in April. If no one verifies before then, I'll report back.

4 minutes ago, ReyRod said:

Still hoping they don't put height restrictions on the slides. My little man is only 49 inches and too small to do the flow rider.. Fingers Crossed!

I think the height restriction on Mariner for the two slides was 48 inches (my niece was too short and we had to avoid them so she wouldn't get sad) - he *might* be okay! 

Correct, no Perfect Storm. 48 inches seems to be the standard at the new things at Coco Cay. And, 48 is the standard for most of the slides at my local water park. Summer before last they finally were tall enough at the end of the season (the last day in fact) to do the "Big Slides". They were happy. I imagine it will be the same on the Navigator.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Navigator OTS Dry Dock has been extended to March 1st because of delays.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/first-cruise-canceled-for-navigator-of-the-seas.html

Or better yet at dawn this morning:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/02/13/navigator-of-the-seas-first-sailing-cancelled-due-upgrade-delays

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Yep I Thought That Would Happen. Was On CC Today And Saw Some Photo From The Dry Dock And They Where Not Even Close To Finishing The Pool Deck. I Doubt They Will Do This But I Hope They Don't Have To Cancel The Nine Night Sailing.   

Just flipped through Matt's story, I wish I could say I was surprised but honestly it's just the latest in the long tradition of RCI's complete inability to plan a project.

Not sure which is worse - sailing on the ship that wasn't ready to leave drydock so it's getting worked on while in use or getting cancelled at the last minute because the ship wasn't ready to leave drydock. Either way I find it to be a major slap in the face to be offered compensation that is dependent on you have to buy another vacation from them after they f'd up the first one.

I completely understand it from the financial perspective of the company but think its terrible from the PR/Customer retention standpoint. Hi, yes we screwed up again and messed up your multi thousand dollar vacation, but if you book another one with us we would be happy to give you a relatively minor discount for your trouble .... uh yeah, right.

Funny I'm not even impacted by this one and it still makes me mad, maybe I'm prepping myself for some Perfect Day challenges in a few months ;)

39 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Just flipped through Matt's story, I wish I could say I was surprised but honestly it's just the latest in the long tradition of RCI's complete inability to plan a project.

Not sure which is worse - sailing on the ship that wasn't ready to leave drydock so it's getting worked on while in use or getting cancelled at the last minute because the ship wasn't ready to leave drydock. Either way I find it to be a major slap in the face to be offered compensation that is dependent on you have to buy another vacation from them after they f'd up the first one.

I completely understand it from the financial perspective of the company but think its terrible from the PR/Customer retention standpoint. Hi, yes we screwed up again and messed up your multi thousand dollar vacation, but if you book another one with us we would be happy to give you a relatively minor discount for your trouble .... uh yeah, right.

Funny I'm not even impacted by this one and it still makes me mad, maybe I'm prepping myself for some Perfect Day challenges in a few months ?

They have nothing to lose.  At the moment there is an endless line of customers willing to buy cabins.  From Royal's perspective it's better to be overly optimistic since if they complete on time it's a win.  If they failed to complete on time, there's little downside.  Sure 3,000 guests are pissed off, but there are 100,000 more willing to buy a cabin in the current cruise market.  

Just now, twangster said:

Sure 3,000 guests are pissed off, but there are 100,000 more willing to buy a cabin in the current cruise market.  

... and probably only a small fraction of those 3,000 who wouldn't book a cruise on that same cruise line again as a result. 

6 minutes ago, KLA said:

... and probably only a small fraction of those 3,000 who wouldn't book a cruise on that same cruise line again as a result. 

Exactly. 

Wait until Perfect Day isn't very perfect in May like they scheduled.  If weather impacted Navigator's dry dock it surely impacted Perfect Day construction 70 miles away.  

In the case of Perfect Day people have been gobbling up excursions.  If Perfect Day slips all Royal has to do is refund them. 

In the interim Royal has enjoyed interest free use of money, both for the 2/24 Navigator sailing and for Perfect Day excursions.  Worst case for Royal is a project actually completes on time.  

For stock holders it's shrewd but profitable business tactics.   

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

completely understand it from the financial perspective of the company but think its terrible from the PR/Customer retention standpoint. Hi, yes we screwed up again and messed up your multi thousand dollar vacation, but if you book another one with us we would be happy to give you a relatively minor discount for your trouble .... uh yeah, right.

Pretty much. Add on to that the fact that they offered only to cover $200 in change fees for airfare, many people are going to lose a lot. I'm asking them to reimburse all of my flight costs because it is under the $200 per person (we got a GREAT sale on Spirit) and we won't fly to any of our next few vacations - including a cruise out of Galveston next February.

If it were me, and I know that I'm not in charge, but I'd do the following for those scheduled:

1.  Full Refund (of course).
  2. 25% off a future cruise.
  3. 50% of this cruise fare as a credit towards a future cruise OR stateroom credit.
  4. Full refund of all non-refundable flights, hotels, cars, etc.

And, to pay for it, I'd make every manager's bonus contingent upon completing every dry dock on time. You schedule it too close, you lose your money. Is that fair? Probably not, but neither is asking your customer to eat hundreds, potentially thousands of dollars in travel costs related to your decisions.

40 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Insurance would have taken care of the non-refundable expenses that RCL would not cover for. 

Yes, and I have insurance. I'm waiting to see what they will cover. That's not the point. The point is that RC has an opportunity to turn a negative situation into a win. That's what companies with good customer service do. Instead, they decided that denying a refund on flights for someone because they fly Southwest and they have no change fees (but the person won't be able to go on vacation until after the SW credits expire) is worth angering the customer.

What I proposed is a way for RC to say, "We know this stinks. Let's try and make it better. If this would cost, say, $2,000 per cabin and you round up the number of cabins to 2,000, you're looking at $4,000,000 (4 million). Last year, according to filings, they had income of $3 Billion dollars. To put this in perspective, I'm asking them to spend $.04 out of $30 to make the guests on this sailing happy. Even at double that, you're only looking at less than a dime out of $30 to make things right. 

As someone who has worked in customer service and spent a lot more to make a customer happy, this seems like a no brainer.

The reality is there is not enough consumer protection in the travel industry.  A lot of weight is put onto the consumer to purchase their own insurance policy and even that is poorly regulated.  Often the policy wordings are written in a way that the general public cannot interpret.  Travel agents are selling travel insurance policies they themselves are not able to interpret and rely on E&O insurance to cover the few cases against them.