good/safe beach spots for serenade nov 30th sailing

asquared17

hi everyone, hoping that i'm putting this thread in the right spot!

we are traveling on serenade of the seas nov 30th and looking to do a casual beach day or two when we come into port. i tend to get carsick so i prefer not to take public transpo (the idea of driving anymore than 10-15 mins makes me sick as a dog just thinking about it) and while i researched some excursions, they all seemed a little too intense for what we were looking to do -- basically just sit on the beach and maybe swim for a bit before getting back on the ship.

obviously, safety is a concern and we don't want to just stroll off the port to go somewhere that isn't a great spot in town, but i was wondering if anyone had visited the ports where we're headed and had any places to recommend, particularly in st. croix. 

thanks in advance! (and apologies if i've put this in the wrong spot!)

-a. 

12 hours ago, alibobali said:

hi everyone, hoping that i'm putting this thread in the right spot!

we are traveling on serenade of the seas nov 30th and looking to do a casual beach day or two when we come into port. i tend to get carsick so i prefer not to take public transpo (the idea of driving anymore than 10-15 mins makes me sick as a dog just thinking about it) and while i researched some excursions, they all seemed a little too intense for what we were looking to do -- basically just sit on the beach and maybe swim for a bit before getting back on the ship.

obviously, safety is a concern and we don't want to just stroll off the port to go somewhere that isn't a great spot in town, but i was wondering if anyone had visited the ports where we're headed and had any places to recommend, particularly in st. croix. 

thanks in advance! (and apologies if i've put this in the wrong spot!)

-a. 

St. Croix has become one of my favorite places in the Caribbean.  It's mostly because there is a fantastic beach right off the ship.  If you bring a baggie, you can fill it with sea glass, some of it very old, on that beach and in the water there.  Additionally, Fort Frederic, some shopping, and some dining are all right there.  No need for any kind of transportation.

In St. Maarten, the easiest is Great Bay Beach, as it is very close to the pier.  There is a water taxi ($7 RT) that will take you to the beach or it is a longish walk.  There are a ton of lounge chairs to rent.   Maho beach is another option but that may not be what you are looking for.  That is the famous one where the airplanes land right over the beach.  You would need to take a taxi.  It is a tiny beach and it is packed full of people.  There are other beautiful beaches but many haven't recovered from the hurricane and may not have facilities.